• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Betrayal within our ToonamiGaf ranks.

I'm so disgusted. lol
67b.jpg

bigkrev

I was certainly expecting something more bombastic for episode 1, but that flowed pretty well

Goten's voice sucks though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was able to wait 1.5 years on DB Super spoilers.

3 hours until its broadcast, & everyone decides to post spoilerish comments.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, man, even if you wanted to be a traitor and watch it early, it's a dick move to spew spoilers all over the thread

Regiruler

Ok, apparently the buu arc covers a lot more ground than I thought

It'll be amusing if the 8pm airing is a recurring issue

How are we dealing with spoilers since they're airing Buu saga and Super? It'll be hard to talk about super without talking about earlier shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How are we dealing with spoilers since they're airing Buu saga and Super? It'll be hard to talk about super without talking about earlier shit.

I assume just any specific details of the Buu Arc that aren't clearly talked about in Super would still be off-limits. But the more general obvious stuff would have to be fair game.

cntr

Banned
It'll be amusing if the 8pm airing is a recurring issue
they'll probably reair episode 1 next week at 8 pm and then continue on as before with the repeats

I guess Seda will have to start whacking people if that doesn't happen and it becomes an issue, though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The first episode of Super recaps the ending of the Final Chapter.
I'd ask "then should I skip this episode since I haven't seen Buu" but then again, I might as well watch it so I don't have to wait 20 episodes for them to defeat buu's first form to then take 2 episodes on his second form since the editor wasn't happy, then another 30 on his final form

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
they'll probably reair episode 1 next week at 8 pm and then continue on as before with the repeats

I guess Seda will have to start whacking people if that doesn't happen and it becomes an issue, though

8pm is the premiere slot.

Moaradin

Pretty sure 8pm is the premiere slot and 11:30 is the rerun. It kinda sucks but that's what we gotta deal with.

Banning people for watching a tv show early? Come on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess if anyone is able to compare & see if the Toonami "version" of Super is different in any way (aside from the OP) from the 8 p.m. airing, then I don't mind.

Based on comments, Satan returns (ugh) & keeps his original name instead of Hercule.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd ask "then should I skip this episode since I haven't seen Buu" but then again, I might as well watch it so I don't have to wait 20 episodes for them to defeat buu's first form to then take 2 episodes on his second form since the editor wasn't happy, then another 30 on his final form
I wouldn't worry about it.

Seda

Kinda like with the rest of DBZ Kai, Buu SaGa spoilers aren't really going to be moderated because of its age and general ubiquity online. (Although yes we do have participants watching Buu for the first time) Note this doesn't give anyone free reign to be a jerk and intentionally place 'spoilers' just to abuse the lax spoiler rule for this particular show.

Not sure what's the best way to handle the DB Super earlier airing. I genuinely forgot about it. Feel free to offer suggestions. I personally won't be able to watch anything for a few weeks yet.

aside: I'm amused that SaGa autocorrects on my phone to the capital G.

Raxus

Like the Steven universe thread I keep things spoiler tagged about the episode until midnight if you must discuss it. Seems ideal seeing as the rest of us will have seen it around then.

11:30 live reactions can be unspoiled of course.

Not sure what's the best way to handle the DB Super earlier airing. I genuinely forgot about it. Feel free to offer suggestions. I personally won't be able to watch anything for a few weeks yet.

For Super I say hold out on discussion until the 11:30 airing for the sake of everyone's considerations.

Chase17

I'll watch the sub at 7 and start spoiling the episode then

That way everyone loses and we are all on even ground.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda like with the rest of DBZ Kai, Buu SaGa spoilers aren't really going to be moderated because of its age and general ubiquity online. (Although yes we do have participants watching Buu for the first time) Note this doesn't give anyone free reign to be a jerk and intentionally place 'spoilers' just to abuse the lax spoiler rule for this particular show.

aside: I'm amused that SaGa autocorrects on my phone to the capital G.

Maybe people should just use the spoiler tag during the 8pm airing? That way they can still discuss without the rest of the thread reading?

cntr

Banned
I'd just treat it like you'd treat a show you watched on your own, post a summary of your opinions behind a spoiler bar (or better, just wait for the 11:30 airing).

it'd be kind of annoying to have the thread be filled with spoiler bars every week if people treated it as a live thing

Lol, didn't realize we were suppose to wait until the later airing. good thing I didn't really post much about the episode, I missed most of the episode anyway.

Seda

I mean from my perspective, most of today's posts from the early airing don't really say anything meaningful without context, but this is obviously something to think about going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom