• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Naughty nurse was the best social link.
Descartes+persona+4_6d8de5_5436301.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jesus, we need Jotatro in this because Luffy Gum Guming Joeseph isn't quite there.

There's always the chance for a sequel
And holy fuck I want to see an ORAORAMUDAMUDA scene with Luffy and Jotaro now.
Jump Superstars had their crossover move... but this is the next step.

Line_HTX

Yu Narukami got that deep JYB Lelouch voice.

Shit Piece should be dead last in the ratings. I'd rather have Cringe Ass Online and other, much more entertaining shows than a show that will never ever end. Like, why is this over 700 episodes? I secretly smile at their last place. >:)

How come there's no announcement from Funimation on DBS for streaming? They have to get it.

Raxus

How come there's no announcement from Funimation on DBS for streaming? They have to get it.

For one thing this show just got a preview a few days ago and seems to be super rushed out. Who knows where it is going production wise and if it is even ready for a dub.

Grexeno

Shit Piece should be dead last in the ratings. I'd rather have Cringe Ass Online and other, much more entertaining shows than a show that will never ever end. Like, why is this over 700 episodes? I secretly smile at their last place. >:)
Oh, arbitrary episode limits and replacing the titles of shows with curse words! The height of criticism.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, there's an English version of the game?
JUST came out today, & there's also a PS4 version now.

Actually, considering about half the characters were on Toonami over the years, it could make for a decent review. Be like "HEY, it's got DBZ Vs. One Piece Vs. Bleach, AND MORE!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright the choices for who gets to be playable and who doesn't are absolute NONSENSE
Yeah, some of the choices are....WEIRD. Even the US division of Namco is like "lol we've got no damn idea about this Taro guy. He doesn't even have a freakin' Wiki page". I mean, I get the point was to represent old & new, and I could've sworn SOME of the cast members were chosen via popularity poll (which would explain One Piece's random characters).

Alright the choices for who gets to be playable and who doesn't are absolute NONSENSE

Yeah J stars has some bizarre choices all around both in terms of what series are in the game and whos playable from those series. Yes that weirdness is probably the only reason Aizen is playable and thank God for that but
why

Joseph and Johnathan over Jotaro and Dio?

Aizen over Rukia

Medara over almost anyone else from Naruto

Boa and Akainu over almost anyone else from One Piece

No death note characters

No yu gi oh characters

No sports series at all besides Haikuu and Kurokoro

I'm hoping that like JSS -> JUS we'll see a second version of J stars victory vs with more characters and more series

Cornbread78

Yup, Nisekoi is the latest long-running rom-com manga in Shonen Jump. Though it's only represented via support. Here's the list of everyone playable & everyone that's support.

JUST came out today, & there's also a PS4 version now.

Actually, considering about half the characters were on Toonami over the years, it could make for a decent review. Be like "HEY, it's got DBZ Vs. One Piece Vs. Bleach, AND MORE!"

Just came out today.

Oh man, I wonder how much it is

*runs to PSN*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would assume the new anime made Jonathan & Joseph popular again, plus it IS kind of nice to see Jojo representation that isn't Part 3 again.

Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm actually baffled by that, considering the series is still kind of popular. Easily could've done something like the JUS where Yami summons different monsters. Heck, I was hoping something like that could happen for Bakuman, except summon the different characters from the mangas that were drawn.

I guess Aizen was chosen because they wanted some villain characters.
You're really questioning why they'd put Boa Hancock in this game, Bass?
It's because she makes men rock hard.

.....ALSO SHE TURNS THEM INTO STONE HURHURHURHURHURHURHUR

bigkrev

From the 20 minutes i've played of the actual game, it's not very good. Buy it to support Vita games in the west/crazy licensing nightmares coming to America

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Over characters like Zoro, Nami, Law, or Chopper? Yeah I find her a very bizzare choice as she isn't super popular in any popularity poll

Over those tossers? I'd take her any day of the week for a fighting game. Her skillset is AMAZING. Note that I don't have this game so I don't know if they messed this up but there are few anime characters I'd rather use. Plus her voice is hilarious.

From the 20 minutes i've played of the actual game, it's not very good. Buy it to support Vita games in the west/crazy licensing nightmares coming to America

I bought it physical on ps4 (may get digital vita later) to support more of these games coming to the west. I'm not expecting a good game I'm expecting a mediocre/dumb/flashy fighting game with a great roster

Man God

Non-Canon Member
nah we'll never see her cuz one piece is gonna get dropped

zijIfDz.gif

Also there's no way I'm buying a shitty Namco game in the hope that they'll release more shitty Namco games out here. That theory certainly didn't work when I still liked Tales of games. I'll never buy something in the hope of getting something better down the line. It's sending the message that you're okay with paying for mediocrity. If you like the game, buy it. If you don't, don't.

I will say this in Fairy Tail's credit, its a series that starts with a very big cast of characters that our pov character Lucy is introduced to very rapidly. Over the course of the series each arc slowly reintroduces one or two of them filling in their back story details and then adding more to their personal stories in the present. It does a good job emulating the feeling of joining an established guild and slowly meeting all its members. In that way its very different from OP which starts with solo luffy and introduces characters and their origins/motives in a linear way.

Just food for thought

Moaradin

I would like to see some numbers on the Funimation dvd/blu-ray sales on Fairy Tail vs. One Piece. I don't know if that info is publicly available though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I would like to see some numbers on the Funimation dvd/blu-ray sales on Fairy Tail vs. One Piece. I don't know if that info is publicly available though.

I'd use US manga sales, but that's such a non-existent market that it wouldn't matter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's debatable.

It really isn't. Fairy Tail has soul, understands intentional comedy, has well defined character motivations and observable character growth. Plots generally make sense and the only real thing you can absolutely slam the writing for is the very predictable ending to any fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom