• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

k7m6AFY.png

57CZA2b.png

2cWia2G.png

yLsH6kV.png

mmXq4Cs.png

nmttbLt.png

qzgdyGM.png

KBp4D2u.png

nmttbLt.png

j4YFb8q.png

nmttbLt.png

H419mGC.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14||Jan15||Feb15|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 13 - The Power of the Kaio-Ken! Goku vs. Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 14 - An All-Out Kamehame-Ha! Vegeta's Terrible Transformation!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 5 - Trigger
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 57 - Deprived of Eternal Sleep
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 13 - A Complete Meido
3:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 25 - I Accept Your Last Wish!
3:30 - One Piece - 291 - Boss Luffy Returns! Is It a Dream or Reality? Lottery Ruckus!
4:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 10 - Undertaker

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, #3? That's the highest I've ever been, & I was so close to #2 by a few posts.

Seda said:
Yes this has been said like seven times.

Crocodile said:
Errr.......that's like exactly what happened :p

Funimation re-dubbed parts of the series for TV
Aaah, okay. I wasn't around during the original run, so I didn't hear about that.

Regiruler

Meh. I didn't place.

Why do we close up early anyway?

EDIT: OHHHHH It's by month. I thought it was by week (week of the 14th, 15th etc.) and Seda was just really inconsistent at making new ones.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It seems heres a lack of english in your art academy drawing :p

I just hope I didn't offend any Japanese people with my chickenscrath imitation, lol. I TRIED! So hard to replicate a stroke-based writing style with fat, thick lines, ha.

Seda

Meh. I didn't place.

Why do we close up early anyway?

EDIT: OHHHHH It's by month. I thought it was by week (week of the 14th, 15th etc.) and Seda was just really inconsistent at making new ones.

Uh, basically we went to monthly last year, and we actually got close to 20k posts a few times (with Space Dandy and AoT airing), so it was needed anyway. [edit: we passed 20k within a month a couple of times actually]

Counts stayed pretty high until Hellsing ended, Inuyasha slowed replies down a bit, and of course no more 11:30 premieres. But even if we waited for the thread to reach the cap we'd still have to put up new OTs after ever ~7 weeks anyway, so staying monthly is fine for organization and whatnot.

Raxus

We are going to need the monthly threads anyway. Especially for SAO because we need to contain all the flipped tables in one thread.

Up to the challenge GaimeGuy?

Line_HTX

Alright, I finished watching what was saved on the box. Here we go:

The mother is murdering, I MEAN, washing Senketsu, lol. One job: DO THE LAUNDRY.
Dry ironing torture.
Mako is just too funny. Great casting choice of Christine Cabanos.
Ooh~ that feels nice. The wrinkles are melting away.
NO TARDIES OR PERMANENT BANISHMENT
FROM THIS COMMUNITY THREAD!
Gotta love Gamagoori the Bloodedge.
THAT IS NOT REGULATION UNIFORM! BEHOLD!! THE IMPREGNABLE BARRIER!!
I see now where Zonic's avatar came from. That Gamagoori face, haha.
Why does she have red eyes? She looks very suspicious if you ask me.
Everything is powerful with "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor."
WATCH WHERE YOU'RE DRIVING!
Can I lick your face? Fucking Guts, lmao. Mako DX.
Breastfeeding mom going to eliminate with extreme prejudice. OKIE-DOKEY! ^_^

WTF? "If I die, send my ashes to Boobies." Man, fuck this, I'll wait for the Complete full package Collector's Edition. Forget all this Part 1/Part 2 nonsense, I want the total Collector's. D=
Last Man on Earth? Fuck that, Fox Broadcasting. Give me MORE 24 or RIOT!!

Mako and turret. XD
They are best friends, and Guts made it.
[Halo announcer] Betrayed... BETRAYAL!
Disciplinary Committee Trap Development. Good luck, you damn two-timer. I knew she was a bad person. IT'S THE RED EYES, PEOPLE! DEAD GIVEAWAY!!
First try with NO SHAME! She wants to be the Top Dog with all the power eh? Sounds like a rebellion.
TIGER UPPERCUT!
Contingency trap. J/K, LOL SEE YA!
Super fast 10-second transformation sequence.
Convenient transport. This is fucking Deus ex Machina. Just dumb.
NEVER! YOU'RE EXPELLED!! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!
Sigh, here.

A better episode because of Gamagoori.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Uh, basically we went to monthly last year, and we actually got close to 20k posts a few times (with Space Dandy and AoT airing), so it was needed anyway. [edit: we passed 20k within a month a couple of times actually]

Counts stayed pretty high until Hellsing ended, Inuyasha slowed replies down a bit, and of course no more 11:30 premieres. But even if we waited for the thread to reach the cap we'd still have to put up new OTs after ever ~7 weeks anyway, so staying monthly is fine for organization and whatnot.

Inuyasha final act is a real detriment if you were unfamiliar with the previous series, the show hardly makes it so people can feel like they are caught up and it goes at the speed of light so nothing is given time to sink in. Its like one piece coming in at like episode 100+ something on toonami(right after it last ended on toonami infact back in the day) but much worse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning new thread.
I feel better now.
Good work SAB

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
So begins the battle that became the staple for Shonen Battles for the next 20 or so years. For good reason though, it's a pretty awesome fight.

Kill la Kill:
A rare instance where low-budget animation actually works to the show's advantage. That was a lot of fun to watch.

Naruto Shippuden:
Training over, filler begins for real now! ... Fuck!
Also, Shuriken Sentai Ninninger are ninjas that proudly proclaim they don't need to hide, and they're still better ninjas than Naruto!

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
I really didn't care for this... probably because I don't care about Sango. She's just kind of there. Weird how the show was going too fast, then found a decent pace, but now it's slooooooow

Gurren Lagann:
All the fodder dies! Hopefully next week we see the transformation they promised.

One Piece:
MONSTER CHOPPER!
But yeah, this episode is why Toei needs to be careful with their filler. The Davy Back Fight filler had Chopper eat a second Rumble Ball shortly after the first and he was fine. Then this came along and said a second Rumble Ball is risky as it makes Chopper lose control of his transformations. But then the third Rumble Ball unleashes Hell.
Funny thing about this. When this chapter came out in the collected volume in Japan, girls were crying at the sight of Monster Chopper.

I thought Shippuden was better than Final Act

Man. That feels really weird to say..

I'd agree with that, despite Final Act adapting like 8 manga chapters in one episode I couldn't care about what was happening with Sango and her demons being angsty about "being posioned". Perhaps if this concept of Hryakos being made of lots of demons had been introduced earlier, or if Sango wasn't generally completely useless in battle, I'd give a crap.

I'd agree with that, despite Final Act adapting like 8 manga chapters in one episode I couldn't care about what was happening with Sango and her demons being angsty about "being posioned". Perhaps if this concept of Hryakos being made of lots of demons had been introduced earlier, or if Sango wasn't generally completely useless in battle, I'd give a crap.

I agree with this. The best part of Final Act was watching Inuyasha get drunk.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
for the first time I actually enjoyed Kill la Kill the most out of any show on the block

BatDan

I AM PATRICK SEITZ AND I EAT SCENERY FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND DINNER!

Is it wrong that I prefer his hammy roles (Franky, Gamagoori) over his subdued ones? Though I haven't heard enough of his DIO yet...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was trying to find that small icon of the blushing girl from last night's Kill la Kill but for something I've seen posted a few times on here, I couldn't find it for some damn reason. This was the best I could find (original TV version, not the BD that I heard was different).

Edit: Left was original TV run, right is the Blu-Ray version.

4zeGRuy.jpg

I AM PATRICK SEITZ AND I EAT SCENERY FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND DINNER!

Is it wrong that I prefer his hammy roles (Franky, Gamagoori) over his subdued ones? Though I haven't heard enough of his DIO yet...

Whenever JoJo gets dubbed Seitz is gonna be an amazing Dio. He's gonna devour the scenery

BatDan

Whenever JoJo gets dubbed Seitz is gonna be an amazing Dio. He's gonna devour the scenery

The final battle with Jotaro is going to be amazing. Hell it's one of the greatest manga battles of all time so I hope the anime does it justice

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really enjoy the block right now except for Shippuden.
Yup, I pretty much watch all of the block aside from Naruto. Heck, I'm kind of only watching Final Act because it's more tolerable having a group to watch it with.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, interesting that the entire shot is different. Never noticed all the changes to the other no-stars in the shot.
Yeah, there's actually a good amount of shots changed in the Blu-Ray version in most of the episodes, but can't link to the gallery considering we're only 4 episodes in & there'd obviously be spoilers.

Yeah, there's actually a good amount of shots changed in the Blu-Ray version in most of the episodes, but can't link to the gallery considering we're only 4 episodes in & there'd obviously be spoilers.

I hope you keep doing this; I'm pretty interested in the changes!

Also, are you still doing spoiler warning title cards? Didn't see one last night.

Soulflarz

Banned
New Thread!
What, I managed 12th top poster and I missed a night lol.

Also Crazy Rainbow Star is stuck in my head...

Seda

Gurren Lagann: March 21st
Deadman Wonderland: March 21st
Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th
Kill La Kill: July 25th
Sword Art Online II: September 5th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom