• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

There are only two men in the entirety of the marines who can act as a check on the admirals and they tend to leave them alone because they've got other shit to deal with. So they get a lot of autonomy as a result. Perhaps a little too much...

That is VERY stupid but I guess that's just the way it is?

Seriously though it's pretty stupid

Mik317

Night yall. Rather meeeeh week this week.

DBZ was pure exposition (with an awful insert song)
KLK was ok but nothing super hype.
SAO was enjoyable for all the wrong reason (VIRTUAL BULLETS YALL)
Blackout'd on Naruto and Inyuasha
One Piece was half recap.

Oh well.

And with that, Toonami is over.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 17 - Dawn of the Fierce Battle! The Star of Hope is Piccolo's Homeland!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 18 - The Ship Resting in Yunzabit! Time to Blast Off for Planet Namek!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 9 - A Once in a Lifetime Chance
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 2 - Cold-Hearted Sniper
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 17 - Magatsuhi's Evil Will
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 61 - Contact
2:30 - One Piece - 295 - Five Namis? Nami Strikes Back With Mirages!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 2 - That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 2

Later.

I think we've reached the part in Enies Lobby where you'll have to start spoiler tagging titles. lol

Jarate

Banned
Hard to tell based on the commercials let me tell ya, but I'll take you're word for it and at least give a full ep a chance...one of these days...sometimes.
Commercials are garbage, but adult swim does promos really badly for its shows. I didn't watch bobs burgers for the longest time because of it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That is VERY stupid but I guess that's just the way it is?

Seriously though it's pretty stupid

Well the buster call is the sort of thing that's only supposed to be used if like an admiral is fighting Whitebeard and he's decided to destroy the entire world. It's the weapon of last resort and they gave it to 3 of the 7 strongest people on Earth, to help them even the odds if it ever came to such a thing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't do this to me, Man God. Don't do this to me right now.
Dn3Dmvvl.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Well the buster call is the sort of thing that's only supposed to be used if like an admiral is fighting Whitebeard and he's decided to destroy the entire world. It's the weapon of last resort and they gave it to 3 of the 7 strongest people on Earth, to help them even the odds if it ever came to such a thing.

Well, they also use it to help wipe a place off the map like in O'Hara and remove any possible records that might be bad for the World Government or what it perceives as harmful for the peace or balance of power they've established.

The big thing is being able to know when the shit's hit the fan and bring in the Buster Call to clean up the mess. The dumbest part of the whole thing was Aokiji passing it to Spandam, because the dude is an idiot. The only reasons why he's even over CP9 in the first place is because of his father and CP9 itself seems rather autonomous and could run just as fine with a trained monkey to keep the odd assortment of characters in line.

Seda

So, if this show even had a little bit of subtlety, you know, if this soldier just stated despairingly but quietly that the death was meaningless and 'his fault', it would be significantly better than....this

Takashi

It pisses me off that we still have no idea what's in that damn basement.

Manga spoilers:
That big backstory dump was pretty neat, to me at least. Honestly didn't expect that kind of stuff to be revealed til at least after the basement, so it was was enough to satisfy my curiosity- for now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Manga spoilers:
That big backstory dump was pretty neat, to me at least. Honestly didn't expect that kind of stuff to be revealed til at least after the basement, so it was was enough to satisfy my curiosity- for now.

It didn't do that for me
since now I can't help but wonder what could actually be so important that it'd be locked in there, I expected all that stuff to be in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom