• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

iOqdKdiouuj3k.png

jbbwctY0R2Q1W1.png

ixBvfQy6IsJdt.png

i6CoATAnPFxLQ.png

ibc3FSOP2TIlBD.png

iQ5g2c5TJjBYi.png

iArPL51mrVfYm.png

iPrRFTBYauIBZ.png

ib2H8kuhziWjr8.png

ib2zPxDJcAx9VI.png

ib2H8kuhziWjr8.png

ijkk6m2hinpfa.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|

MikeMyers

Do we need a new list of top posters being compared to DBZ characters?

In strength order of the main heroes, including Battle of Gods:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Gotenks
Mr. Buu
Trunks
Goten
Piccolo
Android 18
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Chaozu
Yajirobe
Master Roshi
Chichi
Ox-King
Videl
Mr. Satan
Puar
Oolong

I'll answer any strength-related questions tomorrow if you want to know why I ranked the this way.

Just to respond to the post that says that I was the reason that SBT was canceled, I actually had to leave.my spot and head home so that's why.

Also: I MADE it on the who posted list. oh YEAH!

Also also: we shouldve gone with the oink OT title.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, last night's Blue Exorcist felt the most boring. It felt so...filler, like this was something that was gonna be self-contained &/or make little impact later.

BBboy20

Robots can't turn zombie! It defies all laws of logic!
Not when you're Space Dandy
, baby
!

This fucking music. I feel like i'm watching some badass 80's movie.
The first half is Day of the Dead, second half is Dawn of the Dead.

I still have no interest in the new Godzilla movie.
If post-modern, authentic-atomospheric marketing that no one else has done in a long time doesn't at least perks your interest, I have no idea what will.

dead2.gif

The Titan Hype is unstoppable!
Have you see Titan?

I have a feeling that ending in Bleach is going to mean nothing in the following episode.

I have to ask but there any reason why a blueprint is needed to make the baddest ship around? Can't any government or any country with insane capital just make one? There something specific and unique about them that requires a rare material or item? Why I'm still perplexed about this on why no one else on the show is pointing this out is because, generally, in almost every other plot about super weapons, they are often either about something very rare that is key to that weapon or something too far-fetched in a world that is either ours or close to it but everything about One Piece is anything but relative so it's probably getting people confused about these kind of things. Are the rules about boats or what is considered rare maybe different from other stories have done this before?

I seem to be one of the few people here who enjoy Blue Exorcist. I actually would agree it's not really great but it's the small details that other either notice when it comes to the word "shit" or some things other don't notice or care for that I like. I actually felt emotional when Rin managed to calm Kuro so there's that. >_>

Revy was pretty much the Terminator during the first half. You wouldn't like her when she doesn't have her hair not tied up. It's funny when I first watched the Stanford "fight" that it never reminded me of Indy until tonight. And in regards of a video game, yeah, I'm deeply amazed there hasn't even been one yet.
Fuck, a year or two ago, I actually imagined the reveal of it in the same way GTA: San Andreas was revealed, even keeping the "Jungle Fever" song, showcasing all the gangs, activities, locations, rides but you still wonder what this game is and then letters start closing in the the final image showcasing most of Roanapur and slow reveals to be the BL title/logo, then fans at E3 or the internet would be freaking the fuck out.

Aku getting desperate on the second half was perhaps one of the funniest things I've ever seen, couldn't stop laughing and really made my night. And yeah, I did think about you guys wishing that was the finale with the last story. Still, at least it went on more then one season.

Yeah, One Piece, Black Lagoon, and Samurai Jack is where it's at for Toonami right now, until Attack on Titan comes to Toonami next week. Still, I need to finish up watching the sub first; gotta get my first digestion of it with next-gen passion and anger.

Raxus

Great stuff SAB.

Clone wars is by far my favorite but it is JoJo do it wins by default.

BRING JOJO TO TOONAMI!

LycanXIII

Round up:

Anonymous Asked: What prompted the change from having the FAQ held monthly to bi-monthly? I don't remember seeing any sort of announcement about this change before it just not showing last month.
What prompted it was that a) the staff was just too busy and b) we were getting a lot of redundant questions.

Anonymous Asked: Do you think that since Netflix has the rights to air season 6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, there is a low chance the season will air on the block?
We don’t anticipate that we’ll be airing season 6 of Clone Wars on Toonami, sorry!

Anonymous Asked: Will Attack on Titan be TV-14 or TV-MA? The promo said TV-14.
People always ask this. Ratings vary from episode to episode of shows. Some eps will be TV-14, some will be TV-MA.

discording Asked: Will you guys air the original "Intruder" short before "Intruder 2", for a little throwback moment?
No, sorry.

finalflame400 Asked: Bleach has 20 something episodes left have you figure out what to replace it with?
We’ve got some ideas… ;)

Anonymous Asked: Have you gotten any requests for Inuyasha: The Final Act?
Some, yes!

dejuangary Asked: Why do you guys only show stuff like naruto on Sat will you change to sat &sunday
Mostly because Toonami is on Saturdays. No plans to move to two nights.

sldy93 Asked: Can you guys tell us all the staff at Toonami and what each person does? Love you guys :]
Jason- writes promos, works on programming, makes major decisions for block.
Chris- runs production, makes sure everything gets done on time and on budget, makes schedule for… everything.
Gill- writes promos, works on programming, works with Chris to set production schedule.
Sara- Editor
Jonny- Editor
Dave- Editor
Brent- mixes every single piece of audio in the block
Dennis- writes promos and game reviews

Anonymous Asked: Did you lose the rights to Igpx?
No, it will be back!

Anonymous Asked: Why did you Get Attack on Titan instead of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
Jojo’s isn’t dubbed…

deafeningleebrilliant Asked: Do you guys watch your anime in Japanese with eng subs, or do you wait for the DVD release? Or better yet, do you guys speak Japanese and just watch them straight from Japan? How much thought goes into picking your line up?
We do not speak Japanese. We watch things dubbed if we can get them, subbed otherwise. A lot of thought goes into picking our lineup.

finalflame400 Asked: Black lagoon is too censored for me to enjoy it. Can you air it uncut with Full F bombs?
You hear the eff word a lot on commercial TV, do you? No, you don’t. It’s called the “FCC” and we can’t run that word and still have a network. But if your entire enjoyment of a show is based around hearing a swear word…

Anonymous Asked: Any chance we'll see any movies this summer? The winter block of movies was amazing.
We will definitely be showing movies again. Stay tuned!

Anonymous Asked: I hate to be a bother if you have already answered this question,but do you plan on putting Soul Eater in your line up at some time?
We’ve already run the entire series, it won’t be back any time soon.

hetriedtokillme-w-a-forklift Asked: What happened to airing the the second season to Ghost in the Shell?
It’s taking a break, but season two of GITS will return.

Anonymous Asked: What majors would you need to work at Adult Swim?
Communication or marketing degrees help.

Anonymous Asked: ...did I miss something? why is "Shit" uncensored now?
Standards are allowing us to run that word presently.

Anonymous Asked: How much censoring will there be in Attack on Titan on Toonami as opposed to it on sites like CrunchyRoll?
Very little. If any.

Anonymous Asked: will there be a Godzilla promo? I mean SnK is airing on Toonami on the same month as the new Godzilla movie
We do those movie promos when a studio partner comes to us with money, anon. It’s a paid promotion. At present there are no plans for a Godzilla promo. Thanks.

Anonymous Asked: You guys announced that you playing Attack on Titan and Batman, are there any surprises left for Momocon?
Come and find out!

unregisteredmetalgear-jehuty Asked: Can you please exchange Bleach with something else? Or at least move it further behind the schedule?
Short answer? No. ;)

jeargumedo Asked: Already asked this but it seems like questions get lost in the inbox with the rest of them, so sorry if you see this twice. What prompted the return of Ninja Tune music to Toonami? What was their reaction to returning to the block?
That’s… actually a long and complicated story we can’t share. But we’re happy to be using Ninja for the present!

Anonymous Asked: When selecting intro music for each show, do you take any into any consideration what arc/storyline each show is currently showing? For example, choosing Incredible Odyssey for One Piece, during the Water 7 arc I thought added some additional foreshadowing towards the storyline.
While we’d like to look cool and say “yes,” really that decision is almost always down to our editors who cut those, just trying to find a track they think works well with the footage!

ultrathunderstorm Asked: Will Toonami stay on the air forever?
No, nothing will stay on the air forever. Except Law and Order and The Simpsons.

Anonymous Asked: This is a Little late but Toonami and Steven Universe had the same song in one of their promos. Did you guys not know this was going to happen or is it because Jason DeMarco controls promotions for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim?
CN actually has access to all the music you hear on Adult Swim, they just don’t normally use it.

Anonymous Asked: Progress on the comic so far? (sorry if this is getting on your nerves)
Progressing. We haven’t forgotten about it, despite what people may think.

kittyichooseyou Asked: So (assuming that you've bought it) the last season of bleach starts next week. when it ends, do u think you'll replace it with another unending shounen or put it in repeat?
You said Bleach was ending and then called it an “unending shounen.” Hahahaha

god-my-oh Asked: A schedule leak has implied something special will be airing Memorial Day weekend but without saying what. Care to announce what that special thing is?
Dont believe anything you hear unless it’s from us.

Anonymous Asked: Is there any new info on the web comic?
The plan is for the comic to tie in to Intruder 2.

sinlesskeyrus Asked: Is there gonna be Ghibli night this summer or anything?
Ghibli night is pretty much out of the question, rights wise. But yes things will continue to happen, even though it’s Summer.

Anonymous Asked: Clone wars is hurting the block with its bad ratings I think it be best to remove it.
Let us worry about the ratings, anon, it’s what we do. Clone Wars is doing fine, no matter how much you may wish otherwise.

willypimpinwonka Asked: Do you guys work in the same building as cartoon network and the other guys near GA tech?
Nope. We’re at Williams St with the rest of [as]

metalsorcerer83 Asked: has most requested list changed now attack on titan debuts soon?
Not really. People still ask us if we’ll ever air shows that we’re ALREADY running.

50sdirector Asked: You ever thought about bringing back your fan art bump?
We’ve talked about it, but logistically it’s pretty tough to do. We’re trying to figure something out like that though.

hotgrandpasworldtour Asked: Do you watch other shows in your spare time off the Toonami block? Do you watch subtitled shows or prefer dubs?
We do, and we don’t have a dub vs sub preference. There are good and bad examples of both…

snackster1001 Asked: How old is "too old" for a video game getting a review?
There’s no set date, but usually six months or so.

finalflame400 Asked: I think it would make more sense to move Space Dandy season 2 to 5:00 am.
Noted.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooood morning everyone, and hello new thread. Are we the food? No, we are the hunters!

Bleach
Generic filler episode, outside of the ending which I know was in the manga. Really, this is where Bleach should have ended. Right after Aizen's defeat, Ichigo losing his powers, and a big goodbye to Rukia. But then we got Fullbringers and Nazi Quincies....
Manga stuffz:
I just want to mention that the Quincy Zaraki is fighting is one of the lamest villains ever!

Shippuden:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It'd be nice to have a week where I don't just type a bunch of "zzzz"

One Piece
So long Merry...
Robin reveals that she does care for her friends! And with that, Nami is ready to kick some ass!
And yeah, Buster Call is important.

Blue Exorcist
Here comes the mascot character. I will give praise to the voice director for not making Stephanie Sheh yet another "demure little girl" (Orihime, Hinata, Eureka, Yui), she could have easily been Shiemi.
There was also Airy in Bravely Default, buuuuut... well any further would be spoilers.

Black Lagoon
Killing Nazis! What can be better?
That scene with the bragging Nazi and Revy just shooting him is still great. Reminds me of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cu8iwru-Q4

Can't wait for Attack on Titan!

Cool Pics
I'll probably make this into a retrospective post
LATER.
Nice! Really liked the Bleach color pic and the Samurai Jack collage.
Thoughts:
Rukia is drunk. :p
Tell Gaara beggers can't be choosers.
Boom Bakoom
R.I.P Hughes and don't come back as Nazi
Dutch is the man.
Why did Capcom sick Mega Man on Robin?
The Great Flaming Tales of Samurai Jack

daveo42

Banned
Woo! New thread!

I actually ended up watching FMA Brotherhood only because it was the Hughes episode. Just think, if he hadn't died then the Elrics may have never been able to actually defeat Father because of how inexperienced they are at this moment.

tumblr_mq7qlkKshU1r3rjj9o1_1280.jpg

Edit: Gah...so close to beating out Seda this past month!

My word the weeaboos...

Don't these morons understand that Toonami will never air anything with subtitles?

Jesus fucking christ did someone just say Toonami's narrator sounds like shit?

Asked: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?

DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo’s are the top requests lately

Not really a surprise on any account (I assume by Sailor Moon they want Crystal)

xxkawaiislayerxx Asked: I'm not trying to sound rude, but how did you guys not notice Inuyasha was about to end until a week before it did?

It was something our lawyers notified us of, and we had no idea there was a set end date coming up. We took over Toonami years after that deal had been made. We never like to do something like that.

Ahh :( That sucks

bigkrev

Space Dandy

Still my favorite episode. I think it would have been worth it to have this be the season break, so there would be at least some dumb people thinknig it was the end of the series

Bleach

RIP Ichigo. A well done eulogy show, i'm expecting next week starts with the funeral?

Naruto Shippuden

LOL, I can't watch this show

One Piece

The whole Merry thing/Ussopp is just killing any sort of emotional pull. It totally kills the scene later on when they realize Robin didn't betray them. Just too cheesy and pathetic, really

Blue Exorcist

Not even 10 episodes in to a 26 episode series and we already have filler!
I still enjoy this show for the random funny dialog, sexual tension, and the fact that it's such a low commitment because nothing is ever happening

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jesus fucking christ did someone just say Toonami's narrator sounds like shit?

That's the part I really don't get.
It's one thing to hate dubs because "Herp derp glorious Nippon nakama desu tachi baka", but hating on the Toonami narrator? Have these idiots never seen Toonami in their life? Every promo has him. Whether it's Peter Cullen or Howard Parker (or Steve Blum in the One Piece promo), there's always a narrator.

Too much idiocy.

ckohler

Well, I posted two questions but they didn't show up. Hopefully they at least saw them. Just trying to keep Gurren Lagaan in the front of their minds as a potential future show.

Tenumi

Banned
So... one week until Titan fall....

Wait, wrong reference.

I don't know, debating the worth of rejoining the watch. It's a lot more fun to watch with a group, but I'm starting to become a little bit busier on Saturdays...

Still need to watch last night's stuff.

I had absolutely no access to internet yesterday or I would have at least commented through Space Dandy , Naruto treepudden and One Piece.

Why would one even watch Toonami if you dislike dubs, like dudes, thats the whole point, it's action cartoons, in english/language of country being aired in, not weaboo anime block of things you could watch anywhere else in that form way earlier than they come to Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom