• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

While Ashi's disappearance was a bit abrupt, at least it wasn't overly saccharine and melodramatic. But overall they could have used a few more episodes, yeah.

BBboy20

MGS3-Snake-Salutes-The-Boss-Grave.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I like to think that all his friends still exist in the future in the new "non-Aku" timeline.

Anyway, time for Super.

On one hand, disappointed that Jack didn't beat Aku in the future just in case there were split timelines.

On the other hand, Ashi realizing right away she could open a time portal and Aku going, "Oh no," is amazing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The first half was fantastic and really well-paced.

The second half, while everything that happened I was okay with, had a bit of a super fast "We gotta wrap this thing up" feel to it.

If that was tightened up a bit then I'd think this was about perfect.
They couldn't tighten it up more if they tried, they had only 10 episodes

Morlas

can't wait to see what genndy comes up with next, hopefully it can live up to jack
also this arc of super is seen kinda as mediocre i believe and the animation isnt that great.

cntr

Banned
Right, feeling better...but a bit too late for Jack, pfft. I'll catch up later.

That said, final episode aside, I thought the final season was overall a mess. The first three episodes were amazing and legendary, but it felt really rushed after that. It never lived up to the drama and character arcs promised in the first three episodes.

It's not an atrocity, but it's definitely not one of the greatest shows ever made.

Moaradin

I think they handled the ending as well as they could given the episode count. Not too hung up on the pacing being a bit fast. It got the emotional response it wanted out of me, so I'd say it was a success.

it's weird because although the season seems like it progressed too fast in some areas, there were some pretty obvious areas where they could've cut it down if they wanted to

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
While Ashi's disappearance was a bit abrupt, at least it wasn't overly saccharine and melodramatic. But overall they could have used a few more episodes, yeah.

This should have been a two-parter.

The rest of the season (and show) were VERY deliberate with many 5+ minute segments of no dialog and ambient music.

First part would be the assault on Aku, and the cliffhanger would be Ashi regaining control.

Second part would be a prolonged fight in the future versus Aku before Ashi figures out how to travel to the past. The wedding (and preparation, etc.) is the entire 15-minute half after the commercial break.

Ah well. It's hard for me to criticize something that's still a massive triumph overall.

What a show.

It was a satisfying ending imo.
I speculated Ashi to die, but she didn't. She just ceased to exist. I never expected her to have the power of time though, so that was a curveball for me.

But now it's all over.

Jack went back to the past.
He finished Aku.

It's over...

*sniff*

Jack will age like normal now right, so what if a new evil much greater than Aku appears

Changing stuff in the past can create a much worse future than what is already happening.

Time travel is a messy thing.

Jack don't deserve this. Genndy, you son of a bitch, you ripped my heart out. My thoughts on the season: Was it perfect? No. Being constrained to 10 episodes definitely hindered a lot of the story-telling bits and character development. I feel any writer would have had a hard time finishing a series in 10 episodes but Genndy did pretty great with what he had available. He managed to setup the new plotlines nicely while linking it with the past story threads. The ending, though sad, fits perfectly with the whole tragic Japanese folk tale that Genndy was going with. Overall, Samurai Jack was a great series and the final season was up to the standards of the past ones even with the limits placed on it. Time for Dragon Ball Super.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
toei needs to stop spoiling us with spoilers that spoil the episode

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the actual hell is going on

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jack will age like normal now right, so what if a new evil much greater than Aku appears

Changing stuff in the past can create a much worse future than what is already happening.

Time travel is a messy thing.

Anyone who watches The Flash can confirm as much, lol.

FRIEZA FRIEZA FRIEZA FRIE-ZA!

Not in this version. :/

Crocodile

Was this what people were talking about in the podcast? Because that version of the OP did sound weird but that's the first time I heard it - I guess it was around last week. I thought y'all were talking about the English dubbed ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom