• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

*sees Welcome to the Ballroom promo art*

Oh no, they're dancing into the afterlife!

DC_x_XB-_Vw_AARnm_C.jpg

SWEET JESUS LADY, LOOK AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!
Chrollo really cleans himself up
Even the women that aren't women are cute.
Code:
[IMG]https://media.tenor.com/images/863e0c86b1c8713c38c0805e09a56efc/tenor.gif[/IMG]

Don't worry, we probably won't get another season of Berserk.

We'll get an original ending via a movie.

"You knows Guts, the real Behelit were the friends we made along the way."

I worry Berserk might actually end like that...

cntr

Banned
Miura has said that Berserk will have a happy/bittersweet ending 'cause it'd make him sad to give Guts a bad ending after all he's been through.

...probably not gonna be that, though.

Morlas

i know people say that they watered down the characters in persona q but i liked seeing all of them interact with each other, especially Kanji and Ken. I think Kanji makes a great older brother figure.

Seda

do these count as spoilers?

HxH's storyline is a bit more concise than I imagined. And yes I know we have like 100 episodes left plus manga content

I think he is seen for a couple seconds in the last episode, but yeah pretty much.

Wow, so they kind of drop him like a lead weight after this. crazy, I mean yeah he got one of his goals accomplished and defeated the phantom troupe but I'd think he'd stick around and be a support for Gon after this arc but from the sounds of it he just disappears and is rarely heard from after this. for the anime to almost completely forget about him makes his build up to this point seem a bit pointless.

We give Sasuke shit allot for being a Kurapika clone but at least his arc didn't end in a few seasons. but from what I'm reading at least he makes a somewhat comeback in the manga but I'm going way too far ahead so I'm going to stop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
do these count as spoilers?

HxH's storyline is a bit more concise than I imagined. And yes I know we have like 100 episodes left plus manga content

The only time the pacing is even remotely slow is the longest arc in the series that will take up most of the remaining run of the series.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wow, so they kind of drop him like a lead weight after this. crazy, I mean yeah he got one of his goals accomplished and defeated the phantom troupe but I'd think he'd stick around and be a support for Gon after this arc but from the sounds of it he just disappears and is rarely heard from after this. for the anime to almost completely forget about him makes his build up to this point seem a bit pointless.

We give Sasuke shit allot for being a Kurapika clone but at least his arc didn't end in a few seasons. but from what I'm reading at least he makes a somewhat comeback in the manga but I'm going way too far ahead so I'm going to stop.

HXH manga spoilers:
He returns in the manga and is one of the main characters with Gon and Killua now side lined and out of the picture.

His arc technically isn't done. It's just that his goals and the narrative with Gon and Killua don't exactly intersect after this. They're all friends, Kurapika is still a support for Gon, it's just that Kurapika has his own set of goals and responsibilities that keep him from being with Gon all the time. Unlike Killua, Kurapika knows what he has to do with his life so he can't just always be there.
The only time the pacing is even remotely slow is the longest arc in the series that will take up most of the remaining run of the series.
I don't know how people are going to survive that arc with one ep a week pacing.

TheSun

The Berserk anime is presumably dirt cheap, and there are people in Japan who watch it to hate it like we do, and it drives sales of the manga and merchandise out of disbelief...

So, logicallly...

Huh, sounds like Japan has their own Johnny Test.

So definitely another season.

cntr

Banned
Togashi was probably going for a system where instead of having every arc focus on all four of the main characters, he'd choose one or two and focus the arc on them.

His health collapsing and HxH going on its hiatuses put a damper on that, but it wasn't meant to be bye to Kurapika forever. HxH, if you discount all the hiatuses, is not that long.

Which is why he actually comes back now that Togashi is getting into a new arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To give you an idea how short HxH is. The latest chapter was 361. In One Piece, 361 was during Water 7. Before they went to Enies Lobby. Yeah...

cntr

Banned
If Togashi never took a break from when HxH began in 1998 (and he took a decent amount even in the early years), he would've published Chapter 361 around...2007. And we'd be at about Chapter 930 today.

Ray Down

Banned
Didn't Togashi say he had ideas for like 5 arcs after the
Chimera Ants?

In a 2011 interview with Oda:

•Oda: How far has arrived Hunter x Hunter? In half?

•Togashi: Hard to say. I still have five or six stories in mind. If all goes as planned, there should be at least four or five sagas after that of Chimera arc. But over time unexpected events that mess up your plans. However, One Piece is more than half?

•Oda: Yes, I think I go a bit 'faster. When a story is almost over, I'm already thinking about the following story for my readers, so the story goes a little faster.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Moana is on Netflix. It really surprised me how good it was and as someone of a large part Polynesian descent it was really cool to see a movie with the culture as its theme.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In a 2011 interview with Oda:

•Oda: How far has arrived Hunter x Hunter? In half?

•Togashi: Hard to say. I still have five or six stories in mind. If all goes as planned, there should be at least four or five sagas after that of Chimera arc. But over time unexpected events that mess up your plans. However, One Piece is more than half?

•Oda: Yes, I think I go a bit 'faster. When a story is almost over, I'm already thinking about the following story for my readers, so the story goes a little faster.

I think I can picture about 3 of the stories Togashi has in mind, not including the current arc, and I want to read all of them.

Wait, you mean Harry Osborn right? (Amazing Spider-Man #509 spoilers I guess.)

No. Also, we don't talk about that story. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom