• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the early filler is interesting, but yea outside the cannon stuff there isn't much point.
I tried watching the entirety of the third season and I couldn't, it's fucking terrible. I made it to the conclusion of Jesus Christ Super Star Samurai and turned that shit off, I was done. It honestly left a bad taste in my mouth and mars the property for me a bit. As far as I'm concerned that anime ended after the second season.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I tried watching the entirety of the third season and I couldn't, it's fucking terrible. I made it to the conclusion of Jesus Christ Super Star Samurai and turned that shit off, I was done. It honestly left a bad taste in my mouth and mars the property for me a bit. As far as I'm concerned that anime ended after the second season.

The filler stuff after Kyoto is almost uniformly garbage. There's a handful of good one-shot episodes (like when Sano gets a dog) that are funny and worth a watch, but all the filler arcs are trash. I was referring to the small filler arcs during the first and second seasons when I said there was interesting filler.

The filler stuff after Kyoto is almost uniformly garbage. There's a handful of good one-shot episodes (like when Sano gets a dog) that are funny and worth a watch, but all the filler arcs are trash. I was referring to the small filler arcs during the first and second seasons when I said there was interesting filler.
Some of the early stuff is fine in small doses, but the best hype parts are the canon parts. It's like Naruto filler. Nobody wants a full season of that nonsense.

Mizerman

It'd make sense for them to do the final arc when the Yahiko manga hits, but that might not be in the cards for whatever reason.

If I could ask the writer of the series one thing it'd be why no one's touched Jinchuu.

Yeah, that arc definitely needs to be added this time around. It would be a crime otherwise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some of the early stuff is fine in small doses, but the best hype parts are the canon parts. It's like Naruto filler. Nobody wants a full season of that nonsense.

Most definitely. The series got killed by filler hell, not unlike what happened to Naruto.

Yeah, that arc definitely needs to be added this time around. It would be a crime otherwise.

Kyoto's gotten two animated adaptations now, so there's got to be something going on there.

I'm just yearning for MHA and Mob Psycho 100 to come to Toonami.
Both shows are completely overdue for broadcasting that it's criminal that we haven't heard anything about either show yet.

Toonami has been kinda dull lately minus HxH and AoT.

They did another version of the Kyoto arc, but they've still never even touched Jinchuu. Even in the live action movies they avoided doing it.

I think they're planning a Yahiko manga, basically a Kenshin sequel. It's been a while since I've heard any news about it though.

It'd make sense for them to do the final arc when the Yahiko manga hits, but that might not be in the cards for whatever reason.

If I could ask the writer of the series one thing it'd be why no one's touched Jinchuu.

Is a Yahiko-sequel series confirmed?

Grexeno

Both shows are completely overdue for broadcasting that it's criminal that we haven't heard anything about either show yet.

Yeah. Lupin really makes the back half of the block go down a lot easier but we need Stardust Crusaders to really put the block in high gear again.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mob Psycho 100 is awesome and the best anime in a while. I can't wait for more people to see it.

tumblr_ol6fzkH3eW1w4oiizo1_500.gif

That and I can't wait for them to announce season 2 but I guess we'll get that a year or so after One Punch Man season 2

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I'd swap AoT for Lupin, but yeah, kind of feel the same way. Can't help but get the feeling that I've been posting less lately as well.

Assuming that Jojo Part 3 does in fact replace AoT, then that should really help since Jojo always makes for a great group watch since there's usually something to comment on every few minutes, where as I'm having trouble having anything to say during AoT & both DB shows, especially Kai with where it is currently.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My problem with Ushio and Tora is that it would have a sentai dub. Otherwise, it would be a good Toonami show.

That's what I'm worried about as well. I haven't actually sought out any clips yet for this very reason. I'm legit afraid they butchered it.

EDIT: I actually looked it up and the only voice I have an issue with is Ushio himself and even that isn't too bad.

EDIT 2: Silly Tora is great, serious isn't so hot. Not irredeemable though. The dub feels 80's as fuck though.

EDIT 3: They nailed the dad for sure and the girls are pretty good.

zulux21

My problem with Ushio and Tora is that it would have a sentai dub. Otherwise, it would be a good Toonami show.

to be fair it seems like sentai has two dubbing teams.
one that is pretty decent and one that is at best okay.

if it was to get a toonami deal it would no doubt get the good team.

cntr

Banned
AoT, HxH, Super, and Lupin are the shows I like the most at the moment.

Super reminds me a lot of the original Dragonball, it's just goofy and ridiculous in a good way, and if these are supposed to be the bad arcs, I think I'll like it. Same logic for Lupin, it's goofy and fun. Really impressed how well they're pulling off the HxH adaptation, not to mention the dub! AoT's been shockingly good, but I'll be happy when Stardust Crusaders comes on; it's a great group watch show. (I also really like GitS, but that doesn't really count.)

Probably meant Mob Psycho replaces Tokyo Ghoul.
Er, yeah, that's what I meant.

Rurouni Kenshin not getting a Brotherhood treatment yet is probably the most baffling one. Unlike most unfinished anime, Kenshin is still somewhat relevant. It had live action movies not that long ago, and isn't the manga actually coming back?
Wow, yeah, I never realized that Rurouni Kenshin still doesn't have a proper adaptation. Jeez. Bet on that happening sometime, I guess.

I'm just hoping that people forget about it by the time Kai finishes airing.
Its popularity is already flagging pretty hard, so yeah doubt it's going to be in the running for long.

They'll probably either drop the slot or get some longer shows, like there's a lot of Jojo to catch up to.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shit, the dub I found was of the 1992 show. They were trying to pass it off as the new one.

EDIT: OK, that explains it. It's not done yet.

Moaradin

Yeah, I don't think Ushio and Tora (the new one) is dubbed yet.

sometimes I think Gatchaman Crowds might be a fun niche Toonami show but then jesus no

Great show but yeah, the dub is real bad. Hajime had such a unique voice in Japanese though, so it would have been hard to replicate that.

Yeah. Lupin really makes the back half of the block go down a lot easier but we need Stardust Crusaders to really put the block in high gear again.

I'd swap AoT for Lupin, but yeah, kind of feel the same way. Can't help but get the feeling that I've been posting less lately as well.

Assuming that Jojo Part 3 does in fact replace AoT, then that should really help since Jojo always makes for a great group watch since there's usually something to comment on every few minutes, where as I'm having trouble having anything to say during AoT & both DB shows, especially Kai with where it is currently.

A block with Stardust Crusaders, MHA, Mob Psycho 100, HxH and Lupin would be a lot more engaging.

As much fun as hate-watching something is, that's not the reason why I watch Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the Buu Saga might've been okay if they were actually making much of an effort to condense it.

up until the Frieza fight, Kai was honestly pretty damn good
I have to agree. I can honestly see bits of why DBZ became popular with everything leading up to Frieza before it took a bit too many episodes to actually defeat him. But after that, it just feels like a retread of the Frieza arc.

- villain has multiple forms
- villain's final/strongest form will somehow be smaller & more human looking than previous forms
- the villain's attacks will be nothing more than the usual punching, kicking, & some form of energy in the shape of a beam or disc or whatever, with very little making them stand out aside from one or two things that they'll barely use
- hero character will die due to sacrifice or villain showing how serious he is, but what does that matter, they'll be revived via dragon balls later on anyways because death means nothing
- "WHAT, A NEW FORM THAT SURPASSES THE PREVIOUS FORM THAT WAS DISCOVERED FROM THE FIGHT WITH THE PREVIOUS VILLAIN?!??!"
- villain will somehow be defeated with one of the usual attacks but is somehow stronger because the plot said so
- characters use dragon balls to revive character(s) or to make things right

At least with Super, it's actually changing some stuff up a bit (Battle of Gods managed to not fall into this trap) & I've heard it's nowhere near as repetitive as the original series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom