• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

You know what doesn't make for a well designed final boss, Shadow of Mordor?

A quick time event.

It's such a lazy way to end a good game too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Oh, and someone last night was asking if anyone here actually Enjoys Akame Ga Kill...

... Overall, I think I do. I don't find it's fanservice overblown, I like it's overall drawing and animation style, the characters perfectly fit in gaming conventions (Color Coded / Themed! Pallete Swaps with a slightly different head! They even earn EXPEREINCE POINTS! ;-) ), and any poor line reads / vocal choices fall much more towards the side of "fun stupidity" rather than "poor and misguided", for me, anyway. It's nothing I'd put up there with my favorite overall anime, but it's not insulting me with taking things in directions that make me feel bad for the show.

Like the "YUSSSSS, NICE ONE!" Read from Tatsumi made me think more of Finn in Adventure Time than anything else. The whole dub feels closer to the kind of stuff that was on SyFy's anime blocks back in the day, but I find that oddly charming.

---

And count me as a person who'd love to see a Lupin in the late night portion of the block. I haven't watched the new one, but I make it a point to watch a Lupin movie each year at or local anime con. The block often needs something that feels less Shonen-staple, and more Seinin.

I wonder how a Golgo 13 or City Hunter series would do on the block... Shows where a majority of the cast is actually mature in age. MtH is pretty nice in this way, even if Michiko is actually just a big child in reality. Just like Ryo Saeba! Well, he's mentally more a teenager...

You know what doesn't make for a well designed final boss, Shadow of Mordor?

A quick time event.

It's such a lazy way to end a good game too.

The stage before that was the actual Boss, the QTE is just an interactive credits sequence! It was pretty... erm.. ech.

Eh, I don't base [AS] run of anime on what Toonami can and can't get, when we rebooted with Toonami we should've started on a clean slate with it comes to shows. Lupin should be given a shot regardless of the classic's run on [AS] Anime.

880.gif

Jesus Zenigata theirs a line you don't cross and thats it!! You don't see Atsuko doing that to Michiko.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, classic Lupin didn't do well...

And I've enjoyed the new series. True it didn't blow my socks off, but it's been fun.

Because Lupin is generally fun...until it's not...

880.gif
This is just BEGGING for an "IT WAS ME, DIO" edit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I guess it was, but my well trained Orc sla-errr...warriors beasted all over the nerds who tried to stop us.

For the Glory of RATBAG! *ahem* No, wait...

It is so weird that the "end" just.. seemed... like it meant nothing to the game. Commanding an army was unique. Subjugating others and forcing them to bend to you was too. So for it to end as a QTE fest that... just... only marginally capitalized on all the power and such you had gained over the game, just felt like really bad direction. At least let me turn one of his highest officials into a traitor, and have THAT guy go and kill him... with a QTE fest.

tumblr_lqtat7cSgg1qk28vho8_250.gif

Night Raid goes on a Trick or Treat raid.

Bulat should have been Kamina or Dandy. lol

Those would have been good ones, too! Kamina especially, I wanted to do something with him that was manservicey to some degree, since he's that kinda guy.

Coulda have totally been an alt uni Dandy, too.

Feeling those power levels yet, Mine?

The Danger Level is over 8,000!

I really missed a trick by not making her rail rifle appear as it's named, eh? How'd I leave out a Pumpkin on Halloween?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems rather big. Let me see if the iOS version is up.

Edit: Not seeing it, guess it could be a few more hours or tomorrow.

Counterpoint - TTGL is way better then KLK in every way and KLK had no thematic messages because it couldn't decide what it was going for

Also it is far from pointless, they have the same director ffs

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH SWEET, TOM & Sara introduce you to the app. 9 different alarms & 4 "snooze actions". Still trying to figure everything out.

Oh, so "snooze action" is either tap at the right moment, shake a crapton, simon says input code, & slide the numbers to the center in order. Really annoying that the ads cover up half of the buttons at times, making it hard to press them.

Line_HTX

I like Gurren Lagann AND Kill la Kill. Take that!

Okay, eventually I kind of sort of liked Kill la Kill only because of Satsuki and the Elite 4.

I just despised the unnecessary hype train that shouldn't have been there. Only then I would've liked it more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who the hell designed the alarm clock part? "Wed" is covered by the "Alarm Options" button, meaning I can't set it for that day because it's unselectable.

Edit: I was able to select Wed. after a couple of attempts, but still, what a huge design flaw. It's that damn ad banner at the bottom which most likely pushed the buttons up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like you also get access to ringtones & wallpapers as well. Though most of them are TOM or Sara repeating the same phrase for 30 seconds which is rather annoying.

There doesn't seem to be any music from the actual block, i.e. from the blocks from what I'm noticing/recalling. Though a few of them are a bit catchy.

.......and it just randomly took me to my phone's main menu & had to restart the app after listening to a few tunes.

Looks like you also get access to ringtones & wallpapers as well. Though most of them are TOM or Sara repeating the same phrase for 30 seconds which is rather annoying.

There doesn't seem to be any music from the actual block, i.e. from the blocks from what I'm noticing/recalling.

There's a couple of music, 2 unreleased ones.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/adultswim/big/toonami/ringtones/Toonami_Ringtones_m4r.zip

They're not actually 30 seconds, they're just looped in the app.

Seda

Okay, this Toonami App:

On initial startup there's a small tutorial video featuring Tom/Sara. It looks pretty nice.

LPuJsazl.png

Then there's a sort of startup page featuring a headline, basically. It shows Intruder 2 at the moment. There's a link that's supposed to go to a website to track trending stuff but it's a 404 page right now.

pucfPIml.png

The main app page is basically a button in the middle on the screen. You either tap it to raise your level (???) or drag a hashtag into it to open up a draft tweet with that hashtag.

zwRVc0gl.png
iT84msAl.png

The menu options are basically:
  • View the tutorial vid again
  • Ringtone and wallpaper downloads. The ringtones range from Tom/Sara repeating awkward 3 word phases to 'Toonami-style' bumper music.
  • A flashlight with some silly morse code functionality
  • "Schedule" but it just goes to a countdown thing for me
  • Typical alarm clock made more tricky than it should be due to the interface and buttons
  • Settings tab has links to Toonami.com, the tumblr, facebook, store but the links dont seem to work yet.

Line_HTX

Ooh, I hope they have all of the bumper music they used thus far since they started changing it up in 2013.

Some of the bump music, especially coming back from commercial, are just too good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WE GIVE THE TOONAMI APP AN 8.5 OUT OF 10.

Edit: When I get the chance, I'm gonna upgrade my LG Tribute phone to a better android one, doing the simpliest things on this thing is so damn annoying.

Top Bottom