• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

The writing is top-notch. You just don't understand. He called her a mongrel, and then she retorted by calling him a man-grel. Only the most talented 2nd graders in the world could write something so poetic.

Yep, I just can't grasp what this show is doing with its script. It's too much for me.

RagnarokX

Not particularly interested in this, so...

I dunno, it did seem like they applied male gaze at points with that, most certainly when the orangutan was staring at her in the hallway.

I think the idea was to frame it as that behavior being so disgusting it wasn't befit a human, hence disgusting orangutan.

This isn't as bad as Naruto filler but its trying its damndest

Naruto filler is worse due to how much there is. This is only 12 episodes compared to the copious amounts of Nardo

Naruto filler gave us the glorious Ninja Ostrich.

vlcsnap-000011.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not particularly interested in this, so...

I dunno, it did seem like they applied male gaze at points with that, most certainly when the orangutan was staring at her in the hallway.

But...that was kind of the point of that scene. That "male gaze" was the orangutan's gaze. The point was to be gross and creepy.

I get not liking the episode, but it's pretty obvious what the tone and sentiment was. The villain lusting after the young girl was literally an inhuman monster.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is such a nothing episode

I don't even know what to comment on anymore

It's getting to Unicorn levels of "why should I care about anything"

Xe4

Banned
But...that was kind of the point of that scene. That "male gaze" was the orangutan's gaze. The point was to be gross and creepy.

I get not liking the episode, but it's pretty obvious what the tone and sentiment was. The villain lusting after the young girl was literally an inhuman monster.

I'm sure they could've done it in a way that didn't show the viewer of the episode. Shit, Black Lagoon made it way creepier and it didn't show us little girl butt.

There being no side to root for makes this way more painful than it has to be. They've spend equal time trying to get us to sympathize with both sides here, so there's no specific outcome the viewer is meant to care about. Hell, they're reminding us WHILE both sides are dying why were supposed to care. Literally the worst way to try to tell a story.

Grexeno

You can do this without showing it to the audience.

Xe4

Banned
Are they... are they trying to give the super evil bad guy a sad backstory?
I legit just checked back in so I have no clue (though I think that would've been true if I had seen the whole thing).

Jarate

Banned
Why am I watching this

I've gained nothing of value out of this besides a deeper knowledge that of you make.something edgy enough, you can sell it

Crocodile

The owl was the coffee shop owner? He wasn't this powerful last season was he? Wasn't he all about being peaceful or something? Also how did they beat him, it seems like they just started winning for some reason

Korigama

I think the idea was to frame it as that behavior being so disgusting it wasn't befit a human, hence disgusting orangutan.

Hm, well alright. Still could've done without it I'd say, but it looks like we're done with anything like that now either way.

Raxus

The owl was the coffee shop owner? He wasn't this powerful last season was he? Wasn't he all about being peaceful or something? Also how did they beat him, it seems like they just started winning for some reason
They just needed one more person!

Why am I watching this

I've gained nothing of value out of this besides a deeper knowledge that of you make.something edgy enough, you can sell it
I'm watching this because I don't have anything to do right now, so I'm waiting on Hunter X Hunter for the moment

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I legit don't know if I dislike Root A or Unicorn more.

On the one hand, Root A was only 12 episodes.

....but Unicorn had better presentation....but it had Bahnager....

....but Root A has the edginess....

Top Bottom