• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I liked that Persona 5 finally gave you shit for doing that.

Still, though, it seems like a waste to limit the romance to social links. Persona's gameplay would make it ridiculously easy to implement something more realistic like scheduling dates and having a proper romance, or whatever.
In Persona 4, it still gave you crap by making you feel like a jerk, but yeah, there was actual consequences/the girls actually knew instead of having a strong inkling as to why you weren't spending Valentine's with them...though afterwards, it feels like nothing happened if you included the female party members in getting your ass beat for cheating on them.

Meanwhile, bummer, OPM is switching studios? Got nothing against J.C. Staff, but it's gonna be hard to live up to Madhouse's animation at times. Granted, they've got different material to work with & I don't know if they'll have to animate anything as amazing as the Boros fight, but I'll wait & see how it looks considering from what I remember, they don't really do action/shonen stuff.

I mean One's almost completely abandoned One Punch Man for Mob Psycho at this point, so it shouldn't be surprising, but I'm incredibly bummed (I believe he's waiting on finishing Mob before going back to OPM).

J.C. Staff at least has the Index/Railgun series and Utena under their belt, so...

*sees Mass Effect Andromeda for 13 dollars*

....No.

....Still too expensive.

I still kinda want to play it being how much I enjoyed the living shit out of the previous ones, but I'm not willing to devote over 80 hours of my life to a game I'm not 100% sure I'll like.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still trying to figure out if I want to bother watching the rest of Stardust Crusaders.

I like JoJo's particular brand of crazy, but doing a creepy fanservice scene of a damn 12 year old is fucking infuriating.

caliph95

Still trying to figure out if I want to bother watching the rest of Stardust Crusaders.

I like JoJo's particular brand of crazy, but doing a creepy fanservice scene of a damn 12 year old is fucking infuriating.
It's the last of that kinda shit and that's the animators fault

You can read the manga if you prefer

TheSun

Yeah, I hated how David Pro added that. Was really shitty.
But I stick around to watch Araki's crazy vision animated. Seeing as how it gets better and crazier, I'll continue watching it for sure.

But that's how I see it.

Xe4

Banned
I haven't really been following JoJo at all really. I've found SDC pretty middling given the hype around it. From what I've seen, I much prefered Battle Tendancy.

cntr

Banned

That was something the anime added, 'cause yeah, fucking anime. Araki's not the kind of gross dude who'd do that. The manga doesn't have any fanservice there at all (and has really little fanservice, period.)

David Pro never gets the chance to do it again, at least. If you still don't want to bother with the anime, check out the Part 3 manga instead. It's pretty good, and honestly, way better than the anime.

(Reading it made me understand why Stardust Crusaders was such a big deal when it came out. Definitely won't get that from the anime.)

I haven't really been following JoJo at all really. I've found SDC pretty middling given the hype around it. From what I've seen, I much prefered Battle Tendancy.
Part 3 isn't that great compared to the other parts, imo. It's universally agreed, even in Japan, that the bit we're at is the weakest part of all Jojo. But it does slowly start rolling, and the last few fights are something else.

You'll probably love Part 4, though.

113 anime episodes and only one of them has that kind of thing.

As someone who has read the manga, I can tell you that all future occurrences of underaged nudity in the series are not for titilation purposes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

For what it's worth, she's
not in the show for much longer

cntr

Banned
It gets better in the latter half. Pacing wise it's the worst animated Jojo.
the fact that people don't complain about this more is pretty solid proof that nobody's actually read it, haha

The SDC manga is one of the best paced things I've ever read, like, period.

Idk, so far I'm enjoying SDC more than Battle Tendency, but that could be because of the higher production values and the non-existence of Zeppeli's god-awful accent. However, I could just be weird (l liked Phantom Blood more than Battle Tendency too).

the fact that people don't complain about this more is pretty solid proof that nobody's actually read it, haha

The SDC manga is one of the best paced things I've ever read, like, period.
I still haven't read it, I just know good and bad pacing when I see it. Like maybe 3? stand users required that many episodes. Parts of it really just seemed to drag.
Idk, so far I'm enjoying SDC more than Battle Tendency, but that could be because of the higher production values and the non-existence of Zeppeli's god-awful accent. However, I could just be weird (l liked Phantom Blood more than Battle Tendency too).
Phantom Blood is way better than people give it credit for.

Moaradin

The first half of SDC is pretty weak, and it gets better during the second half
but ends pretty weakly imo

Though after rewatching Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, I think SDC is my least favorite.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

As someone who has seen/read future parts, crap like that never happens again. I wasn't reacting as much because I have comparisons like Strike Witches or (bleh) Monster Monpiece which makes this feel tame by comparison, but I fully understand why people had the reactions they did.

...ugh, I never enjoy talking about this stuff since I remember how people reacted when things like Bravely Default were getting "censored" & just turning into a war between members where if you word something the wrong way, people will lash at you for having the opposite opinion. Thankfully, you guys are much more understanding. That's all I can really say at this point since anything else has been said & "but THIS thing is SO much worse!" is nowhere near a strong argument, because there'll always be something worse & doesn't excuse the fact it exists in the first place.

113 anime episodes and only one of them has that kind of thing.

As someone who has read the manga, I can tell you that all future occurrences of underaged nudity in the series are not for titilation purposes.
& based on Kill la Kill, it will absolutely be censored this time around since I know people wished for it last week, & it is NOT done for fanservice reasons, nor involve girls.

It gets better in the latter half. Pacing wise it's the worst animated Jojo.
This was the first long-running part so my guess is that David Pro was still learning how to figure out how much to adapt/how to pace things out. Thankfully, Part 4 was a lot better since despite being 2 volumes longer, is actually fewer episodes.

Though after rewatching Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, I think SDC is my least favorite.
Part 3 to me is similar to Part 1 where it's more about laying the groundwork for the part that comes after. Part 4 is when Araki had a better grip as to how he wanted to handle stands & being more consistent with their powers...for the most part. It's why Part 2 & 4 are tied for my favorite, because they're both better realizations of what Araki introduced previously.

Jarate

Banned
jhknlm.png

Moaradin

Part 3 to me is similar to Part 1 where it's more about laying the groundwork for the part that comes after. Part 4 is when Araki had a better grip as to how he wanted to handle stands & being more consistent with their powers...for the most part. It's why Part 2 & 4 are tied for my favorite, because they're both better realizations of what Araki introduced previously.

That's definitely true, but I feel like Part 1 stands on its own a lot better than Part 3 does. The anime is what, 8 or 9 episodes? It never drags like Part 3 does. Plus Dio is amazing and completely carries it.

cntr

Banned
If you're curious, as a manga reader, my part ranking is 7 > 4 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 2 > 3 = 1. Which is pretty close to the overall opinion most people have, heh. Maybe swapping 2 and 5.

In the long run, I feel like Part 4 defines Jojo more than Part 3. It has Araki's favorite Jojo, and he's said that it's one of the parts he most likes and is proud of. Part 3 did introduce the format and stands, but Part 4 is where they really come into place and it stays that way.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Dio is basically Araki saying "What would I do if I was the biggest asshole in the world and enjoyed it."

Miura on Griffith,"How do I make the most beautiful person in the world also the worst person in the world?"

Xe4

Banned

I'm glad it gets better. Right now it's just bad guy of the week, which is good fun, but certainly not worthy of the praise I've seen of SDC.

Really looking forward to part 4, given peoples opinions in this thread.

It would be a shame if OPM2 became another AoT2 and lost all the momentum it had as one of the biggest mainstream successes.
AoT lost so much momentum because of the huge amount of time in between seasons 1 & 2. It sucks, because what the production studio did was absolutely the right move from an artistic standpoint. They didn't have filler and they were able to make a much better season than the first. But that caused it to loose the status that it had originally.

It's why stuff like Naruto and Dragon Ball will never take a break. It doesn't matter if there's filler or huge production issues or whatever. It makes for a much weaker show, but it continues to build an audience, and at the end of the day money is the only thing that matters.

cntr

Banned
Part 4 is my favorite so far as well. Definitely looking forward to part 7 considering how much I hear it get praised.
Yeah, it's pretty great. You'll probably like Part 6 too. Part 5 as well, maybe, depends on how they adapt it.

(Part 6's Jojo is still my favorite.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We are out of Dort license plates, repeat, Dort license plates.

In the long run, I feel like Part 4 defines Jojo more than Part 3. It has Araki's favorite Jojo, and he's said that it's one of the parts he most likes and is proud of.
Absolutely. Again, like Part 2, it's when Araki just came up with stuff that truly fit the "bizarre" name which made the previous part look normal by comparison, but I'll stop there as to not hint/tease future episodes/set too high of expectations since that was a huge problem in the anime OTs.

Meanwhile, hot damn, I got Danganronpa V3 a day early. First Metroid, now this. There's a strange happiness to getting a product earlier than its official release, even if it's only by a single day.

So much doom and gloom over the One-Punch Man news.
Let's just see what new director (who apparently worked on Naruto: Blood Prison) does with the new season and whether he'll have access to all the talented animators that worked on S1.

The staff and director are more important than the studio.

Moaradin

So much doom and gloom over the One-Punch Man news.
Let's just see what new director (who apparently worked on Naruto: Blood Prison) does with the new season and whether he'll have access to all the talented animators that worked on S1.

The staff and director are more important than the studio.

Yeah, and Shingo Natsume not returning is pretty worrying. He's the one that brought a lot of the talented animators on board to begin with.

cntr

Banned
I'm glad it gets better. Right now it's just bad guy of the week, which is good fun, but certainly not worthy of the praise I've seen of SDC.

Really looking forward to part 4, given peoples opinions in this thread.
I'd say that SDC starts getting better from...well, er, the next episode, actually. And it properly gets rolling around episode 14. ymmv, and there's still some rough parts.

Part 3 is pretty divisive online either way, heh.

whether he'll have access to all the talented animators that worked on S1.
It's already been confirmed that most of S1's staff aren't returning. The only reason they worked on S1 was because the director used his connections to pull them in, and most of them were free after finishing their work on Space Dandy.

Grexeno

Cross my heart, swear to die, that was the only instance and JoJo is free of that forevermore.

Yeah, and Shingo Natsume not returning is pretty worrying. He's the one that brought a lot of the talented animators on board to begin with.

It's already been confirmed that most of S1's staff aren't returning. The only reason they worked on S1 was because the director used his connections to pull them in, and most of them were free after finishing their work on Space Dandy.

Well, I don't know if the new guy has the same type of pull as Natsume or Natsume can convince some of the animators to work on S2.
We can speculate what's going on behind-the-scenes, but we'll never really know.

It's really a "wait and see" scenario.

Part 4 is my favorite as of now. I've heard some good things about future parts.

SDC doesn't really kick into high gear until
a certain gunslinger appears.

For me JoJo is probably

7>6>4>3>5>1>2. 8 isn't finished so it doesn't get a place.

I've soured on Part 2 in the past few years. Too much Joseph bullshit, the Ripple sucks and 90% of it's use in 2 is just random shit that never comes up again.

Old Joseph>>>>>young Joseph

Top Bottom