• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Jarate

Banned
This thread has gone even further beyond.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

cntr

Banned
i saw that, jarate

He also did Sicario and Prisoners which are great movies and Enemy is interesting

The movie was in the best of hands
Yeah, probably going to watch Arrival first, but I'm more interested in his stuff now. Never really looked into him before.

caliph95

This thread has gone even further beyond.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's unreal how us he generating so much shitposts

Jarate

Banned
It's unreal how us he generating so much shitposts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man God

Non-Canon Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFy7Nnw0ogI

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Martin Scorsese presents Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert DeNiro and Ray Liotta

BBboy20

AOOOOOOO!Rage

Lu Bu's last stand in the anime Souten Kouro

...But yeah, I just watch Jojo now.
There isn't a Warriors game of this yet?

If you stop to think about it, isn't everything anime?
It's the best art direction in modern entertainment.

YiDJ9wM.jpg
542015291823d6436769076d01bf5b248c1c3874_hq.gif

I think Sameul Jackson admitted to watching hentai
Well, he did do the Kite movie. :p

Lens flares.

Oh, holy shit, I didn't know the new Blade Runner was by the guy who did Arrival! I haven't watched that yet either, but I really want to since I've read the original story and I'm blown away by people telling me that he managed to do it faithfully.

Alright, yes, this definitely sounds like the kind of guy who'd get Dune right.
I need to see Enemy and Prisoners.

Genkai: "Hey Yusuke absorb my energy."
Yusuke: "Piece of cake...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Kuwabara: "Well that's hard to believe, there's actually an attack that's too barbaric for Hiei."
Kurama: "Then it's probably going to be very messy."

So out of curiosity, and maybe a bit out of boredom, I decided to check out the Monster Hunter Stories demo.

Man, that game has some polish I wasn't expecting. It's pretty, and runs pretty well. If I wasn't broke right now, I'd probably pick it up.

Xe4

Banned
Man I really need to catch up on OK KO. I freaking love that show. I knew they were having on Captain Planet, but I had no clue they were gonna fit in a freaking JoJo reference!

I take it people are not taking kindly too this most recent arc of HxH

There's a reason the anime itself was rushing through it until this point

Man I really need to catch up on OK KO. I freaking love that show. I knew they were having on Captain Planet, but I had no clue they were gonna fit in a freaking JoJo reference!

Also, a JoJo reference!?!? WHERE!????

Morlas

Yeah Ian JQ is a pretty big nerd....he's also Rebecca Sugar's boyfriend
she's the creator of steven universe and also all those marceline episodes that made you sad

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My issue is that I want to like it, but I feel as though I'm being given WAAAY too much information at once, & half of it doesn't seem crucial to the plot, so about halfway through an episode, it starts becoming noise because I don't know what I should be focusing on & what's just Togashi doing "world building". Not to say I dislike it by any means, but it gets harder to keep the same levels of interest/concentration compared to earlier arcs.

I don't know who made the comparison, but someone said it'd be like if Oda decided to go into detail over how every single thing in Water 7 worked. The world itself is built just fine, I don't need all this extra info that in the long run means nothing at the plot at large despite knowing they put a lot of effort into thinking it over.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Exactly. He's doing waaaaay too much telling & not enough showing.

It's like that friend who tries to show you his giant collection of stuff that you don't have interest in. You can tell they put a whole lot of work getting that collection & how much they care for it, but after a while, you lose interest because he just keeps talking & talking about each individual thing in their collection.

Or hell, imagine if during a Yu-Gi-Oh, the duelist decided to explain every single card in their deck, INCLUDING the ones that they never use during the match.

That's the best way I can describe it. I still want to see where the show is going, but I'm also in that "can we PLEASE move to the next arc?" phase.

Crocodile

Man this thread went places recently LOL

Meanwhile in OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.

DKv5_SPDWAAAh-c_A.jpg

Further context.

Putting aside that this is awesome, why is this even a thing? Bringing back Captain Planet is so random. Kudos on them for bringing back the original VAs. Is the reason just Kwame and the Captain are back is because only their VAs could return?

I wonder if there would be value in bringing back Captain Planet as a show? Maybe in a more nuanced/less ham-fisted kind of way but still faithful to the tone and themes of the original.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I feel like people focus a little bit too much on the card game when even most of the characters don't focus on it except to get stronger by collecting cards. It only really comes into play in a major factor in the second half of the Greed Island arc. The first half its just window dressing because Togashi obviously likes card games.

I feel like people focus a little bit too much on the card game when even most of the characters don't focus on it except to get stronger by collecting cards. It only really comes into play in a major factor in the second half of the Greed Island arc. The first half its just window dressing because Togashi obviously likes card games.
Yeah it's mostly just a training arc with the addition of slightly nicer Genkai.

Top Bottom