• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

BlastCore

Banned
If we must have a show about cannibals can't it be cool cannibals like the Texas chainsaw family instead of the assclowns from this show.

tumblr_mi8mwc5Cfe1rdxswoo1_500.gif

giphy.webp

Xe4

Banned
I would much rather have back to back SAO than fucking TG S3. I can't. I fucking can't go back in. You can't make me.

caliph95

For Hunter rankings you get a star based less on how strong you are but based on how much contribution you made on your field or fields

How the fuck did the rope fucking Steve Buscemi into that steaming pile of fucking horse shit. What the fuck happened to his Boardwalk Empire money? *Vapes Menacingly*

Website doesn't say Tokyo Ghoul re anime will take place after Root A. It's says it's been anounnced two years after Root A anime. Plus time skip in the manga takes place 3 years.

So we could be looking at them reconning every from Root A and starting fresh with Re.

Man you guys are salty as fuck at the Tokyo Ghoul ending in this podcast...damn...told you it was shit. "There's going to be a sequel series." *UUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH*

Tokyo Ghoul eventually runs into that problem of having too many characters.

It's kinda like Bleach in that regard.

At least, Tokyo Ghoul has the decency to thin the herd a bit.

Lots of the characters are necessary to showcase both organizations in the manga. Although I can admit it can be a issue.

But man do I love being on Ishida's ride. The highs in the manga is goddamn amazing.

He's such a great troll. He reminds me of Furata lol.

Edit: I don't have high expectations for the anime, but if it ends up being good I will be pleasantly surprised.

Lots of the characters are necessary to showcase both organizations in the manga. Although I can admit it can be a issue.

But man do I love being on Ishida's ride. The highs in the manga is goddamn amazing.

He's such a great troll. He reminds me of Furata lol.

Edit: I don't have high expectations for the anime, but if it ends up being good I will be pleasantly surprised.
I actually didn't mind the first season. Then the second season eventually just shits on itself. Shit made sense in the first season...season 2? Holy fuck. I couldn't even like Touka too much and I like Touka. "Yo Touka we got no plot for you no more so just run a marathon."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The real question is if Demarco feels as though the ratings/reception warrant bringing this new Tokyo Ghoul season.

Also damn, I figured it'd be the 2nd worst show bumping Akame ga Kill up, but actually taking GXP's slot after so many years is amazing.

The real question is if Demarco feels as though the ratings/reception warrant bringing this new Tokyo Ghoul season.

Also damn, I figured it'd be the 2nd worst show bumping Akame ga Kill up, but actually taking GXP's slot after so many years is amazing.

Are people actually forgetting how bad GXP was?

Though I understand. I'd like to forget it too.

caliph95

I actually didn't mind the first season. Then the second season eventually just shits on itself. Shit made sense in the first season...season 2? Holy fuck. I couldn't even like Touka too much and I like Touka. "Yo Touka we got no plot for you no more so just run a marathon."
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I decided to go back & see just how long Kaneki is carrying his best friend's body.

At 12:22, he's leaving the burning coffee shop with the body. At 20:19, he puts the body down in front of......that dude who appeared in the previous episode. Almost EIGHT MINUTES he holds that body.

At 15:45 is when he starting walking down the street, at 19:47 is when he stops, FOUR MINUTES dedicating to walking down a street.

Now the thing most people wanted to know, 16:21 is when Kaneki's back is seen & indicates the beginning of walking down the street. That damn shot of him walking towards the camera starts at 18:07 & finally cuts away at 19:59, ALMOST 2 DAMN MINUTES. It doesn't help at 19:03, the music stops, meaning 56 seconds of NO MUSIC WHILE HE'S WALKING. JUST HIS FOOTSTEPS & A HELICOPTER.

.......look, I was bored while waiting for UPS to deliver a package & didn't want to be in the middle of something important when they arrived.

Grexeno

Here is the updated show ranking:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. FLCL
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Space Dandy
5. One Punch Man
6. Gurren Lagann
7. One Piece
8. Hunter x Hunter
9. Black Lagoon
10. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
11. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
12. Samurai Jack
13. Samurai Jack Season 5
14. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
15. Soul Eater
16. Samurai Champloo
17. The Big O
18. Sym-Bionic Titan
19. InuYasha
20. Attack on Titan
21. Eureka Seven
22. Hellsing Ultimate
23. Dragonball Z Kai
24. Kill la Kill
25. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
26. Naruto
27. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
28. Michiko & Hatchin
29. Deadman Wonderland
30. Casshern Sins
31. Bleach
32. IGPX
33. Parasyte -the maxim-
34. Blue Exorcist
35. ThunderCats (2011)
36. InuYasha: The Final Act
37. Sword Art Online
38. Samurai 7
39. Naruto Shippuden
40. Dimension W
41. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
42. Beware the Batman
43. Akame ga Kill!
44. Tenchi Muyo! GXP
45. Tokyo Ghoul (previously 43)

Funimation is dubbing Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress and releasing it next year. The final act of it was dumb as hell, but I still thought it was a pretty fun series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation is dubbing Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress and releasing it next year. The final act of it was dumb as hell, but I still thought it was a pretty fun series.
By the time they release the dub, the show will have premiered 2 years ago. That kind of feels a bit late in this day & age, especially for something that's only 12 episodes. Even One Punch Man made it to the block only after 9 months from its initial premiere in Japan.

Granted, the dub might renew some interest in the show & it seems like a good "we need a short series to air while we get something else" contender.

Top Bottom