• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zubz

Banned
Hi I got some complaints from thread regulars that this thread gets a bit annoying on the gif spam sometimes. So just keep that in mind. And please speak up if something is annoying you.

I guess I should also mention that cntr asked for a permanent ban to take a break from GAF. Not sure how/if this thread contributed to that, but figured people might wonder what happened to him. Shame, I liked his insight and positivity.

I'll be sure to cut back on the .GIF's. I hope things are going well for cntr, at least!

Thing is, I've only rarely found Bojack Horseman laugh out loud funny, but I still think it is a really engaging watch, the latest season especially.

I see it less as a comedy & more like a dramedy that was initially meant to be a straight-
comedy, & thus still has an over-the-top setting that it likes to capitalize on from time-to-time.

Funimation knows what the people want from DB Super.

My favorite part is the under-the-breath "I forgot my tractor!" Was that in the Japanese version, too? I can't remember; jokes don't land as well when you're reading subtitles & listening to a character's intonation simultaneously.

Xe4

Banned
Ah, I was wondering about cntr. He was a really great poster, and I'll miss him in the thread, but real life stuff takes precedence, obviously. GAF can totally be a distraction sometimes, and I hope he gets whatever he's trying to accomplish done.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally going to beat Xenoblade Chronicles X this month. Got over the hump that stopped all my previous play throughs (worst of them all being other games pulling me away, which has happened three times so far) and have gotten hooked into the world as it is. I doubt I'll 100% it five times like I did with Xenoblade Chronicles, or even once but I will beat it, hopefully before Odyssey. I have EO V on the way as well as the demo showed me everything I loved about the game and just got back into EO1U as a result. So I've dropped every FF game after 7 on my replay list and moved those two games into it.

Since starting the project at the end of August to finish more games I've completed...08 games.

Pokémon Red
Pokémon Blue
Pokémon Yellow x2
Luigi's Mansion: Dank Moon
Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon

and the new plan is roughly this:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Mario Odyssey
EO Untold 1
Final Fantasy 6
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Final Fantasy 7 (almost complete)
EO V
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (all shrines/sidequests/dlc, beat the main game in March)
Pokémon Gold (33% complete)
Pokémon Silver
Pokémon Sun (again for dumb reasons)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS (right at the final boss, gotta decide if I'm going to do any postgame with this at all)

I'm pretty sure I can get that all beaten before the new year.

The games I've moved to next year include Bayonetta 1/2, Twilight Princess HD, FF 8 and 9, and a lot of Fire Emblem I need to play, including all of Echoes. I'm still going to buy other games this year including a bunch of Switch digital titles.

Morlas

That's quite the list ya got there God of Man, and yeah i would say that X isn't really one of those games you should complete unless you're a total completionist, i just worked my way up to the strongest mech and stopped there....man Odyssey just looks soooooo good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's quite the list ya got there God of Man, and yeah i would say that X isn't really one of those games you should complete unless you're a total completionist, i just worked my way up to the strongest mech and stopped there....man Odyssey just looks soooooo good.

Yeah, I'm gonna map every area, fight everything that looks doable and do every affinity quest I can and call it a game. It's fun but it doesn't scream "You should get insanely overpowered by doing every single fetch quest and complete these gigantic town affinity maps" like XBC does.

The biggest problem with this game remains the awfully small font they use for everything.

Morlas

Yeah, I'm gonna map every area, fight everything that looks doable and do every affinity quest I can and call it a game. It's fun but it doesn't scream "You should get insanely overpowered by doing every single fetch quest and complete these gigantic town affinity maps" like XBC does.

The biggest problem with this game remains the awfully small font they use for everything.

yeah the font was tiny even on my tv i couldn't sit back on the couch and read it easily, i needed to sit in my chair in front of the screen, honestly i hope they go for a more linear experience next time in this universe because the lore really interests me and i want them to dive deeply into it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yeah the font was tiny even on my tv i couldn't sit back on the couch and read it easily, i needed to sit in my chair in front of the screen, honestly i hope they go for a more linear experience next time in this universe because the lore really interests me and i want them to dive deeply into it.

True story: I got new glasses and a 70" tv last time I started to play XCX. I'm playing it now...in my bedroom and mainly doing it on the gamepad, which isn't that bad when you get used to it, mainly so I don't have to sit in the uncomfortable chair in my living room instead.

Morlas

True story: I got new glasses and a 70" tv last time I started to play XCX. I'm playing it now...in my bedroom and mainly doing it on the gamepad, which isn't that bad when you get used to it, mainly so I don't have to sit in the uncomfortable chair in my living room instead.

yeah it's a bit of a pain, hopefully X2 is better about that, i'm gonna enjoy that even more, since i prefer my rpgs to be handheld for some odd reason.

also yes i want a new rush hour please, i need more Chris and Jackie in my life

Yeah, XCX's text made me not want to play it in Off-TV play at all. Not being able to change audio volumes sucked a bit for certain cutscenes. I definitely agree that XCX is not worth trying to complete 100% just because there's so much to do. Then again, I'd be willing to complete XC and that's an extremely long and big game. It just helps that I love XC so much and that's why I'm so hyped for XC2. XC2 is going to take my life away come December so it's actually a good thing Mario Odyssey is October for me.

Overall XCX is still a great game worth playing through, but not completing. Same with XC.

Morlas

Yeah, XCX's text made me not want to play it in Off-TV play at all. Not being able to change audio volumes sucked a bit for certain cutscenes. I definitely agree that XCX is not worth trying to complete 100% just because there's so much to do. Then again, I'd be willing to complete XC and that's an extremely long and big game. It just helps that I love XC so much and that's why I'm so hyped for XC2. XC2 is going to take my life away come December so it's actually a good thing Mario Odyssey is October for me.

Overall XCX is still a great game worth playing through, but not completing. Same with XC.
image.php

also yeah I was never a big sidequester so i just mostly talked to the npcs in the way during the story and let sidequests complete naturally.

Also if they ever did an hd remake of Xenoblade it would be so bought

image.php

also yeah I was never a big sidequester so i just mostly talked to the npcs in the way during the story and let sidequests complete naturally.

Also if they ever did an hd remake of Xenoblade it would be so bought

That's how I did as well. Talk to all NPCs with quests and did them as I went without really looking at them. I just battled enemies and picked up item orbs as I found them. It help most quests were automatic and gave you your exp and rewards after you complete them immediately. Really easy to get the enemy and item collection quests done when I didn't concentrate on them too much and just do them as I journey through the game.

And yeah, I'd get a Xenoblade Chronicles HD day 0 if it ever happens. *cue another avatar quote* :p

I could not stand the VA's or the combat of xenoblade chronicles.

I can see that. I liked the VA and thought it was charming, but I could see the VA being annoying to some. Combat is an acquired taste as well. They improved the combat with X in my opinion, but it was still mostly built on the base of XC's combat.

Morlas

The thing about Xenoblade combat is it starts out pretty slow when you only have a few abilities, but once you get more it becomes a lot more dynamic, and maybe you just didn't like playing as shulk and one of the other characters would've been more fun for you

The thing about Xenoblade combat is it starts out pretty slow when you only have a few abilities, but once you get more it becomes a lot more dynamic, and maybe you just didn't like playing as shulk and one of the other characters would've been more fun for you

Melia is the best. No competition. :p

Being serious, (Melia is my favorite character though) it was great to switch characters and I enjoyed everybody at some point (except Sharla). My favorites would be Melia, Dunban and Seven. Shulk is great and Riki and Reyn are good.

I didn't switch as much in X with the custom character and class system. There wasn't as much incentive to switch.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Phew that screen junkies thread is turning into a blood bath.

Edit: and now it's a graveyard

Phew that screen junkies thread is turning into a blood bath.

Edit: and now it's a graveyard

That's why I don't enter most threads like that on the off chance I have an opposing view that ends up being "too" opposing.

I'm on 3 hours of sleep right now, but anything besides consciousness is not an option.

TheSun

YouTubers, huh.
I feel like they are probably shite unless proven otherwise. How many milkshake ducks can we possibly have.

On another note. What if Dio was a werewolf.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is partly why I don't check Off Topic as often as Gaming. I feel like every other time I check it, there's just that "one" topic that just takes away any good mood you had.

I can't even remember the last OT thread I posted in. Doesn't help it seems people are more likely for posting something in Off Topic than Gaming.

This is partly why I don't check Off Topic as often as Gaming. I feel like every other time I check it, there's just that "one" topic that just takes away any good mood you had.

I can't even remember the last OT thread I posted in. Doesn't help it seems people are more likely for posting something in Off Topic than Gaming.

This is an off topic thread :p

I'm mostly in community threads period. I'm pretty much on here as my random hangout spot, photogaf, cameragaf, GundamGaf...depending on what's being discussed, HxHGaf, BerserkGaf, JojoGaf, F1Gaf. I might pop in a specific game thread if it's a game I'm playing and like, some place to say fuck Trump if what I'm reading pisses me off enough and that's about it. I tried to hang in DatingGaf, but I don't think I was meant to chill out there with my personality and lack of successful dating.

Top Bottom