• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No snow, but looks like we are going to pay for the last 2 beautiful days.

aglaF.jpg
Mother....of....jebus....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
with that much rain is driving even possible? I foresee lots of people pulled over on the side of the road. I guess it depends how hard it comes down.

Yeah that would be key. Basically I know the only way I won't be going to work (with a justified reason) is if my house gets flooded or I look outside and the street is flooded.

Going to be a fun commute to and from work then.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll knock out the power.

Monday morning I've gotta commute by subway/bus. In the afternoon I'll have a car. I hope the morning is OK. x_x

I doubt we'll have the power knocked out, but it;s gonna be crazy in regions of the US.

A sign of the times? Newspapers gone up in price. A dollar for the Sun's special spunk!

They've gotta pay for their writers' psychiatric bills somehow.

whitehawk

Banned
Okay so KraftWerk hasn't set-up the next Toronto meetup like he said he would for October. Is anyone down for a mid-to late November meetup?

Rinoa

Great, rainmageddon and I have two harp lessons to go to in crap weather.

I wouldn't call them high priced. They are about what you should expect to pay for a concert with a full Orchestra and Choir in the types of venues they play.

I haven't gone in year or so, but I distinctly remember it was not a full orchestra or choir, and that there were mostly student performers.

I wouldn't dare compare ticket prices of VGL to something like TSO as the two are completely different things.

krae_man

Great, rainmageddon and I have two harp lessons to go to in crap weather.

I haven't gone in year or so, but I distinctly remember it was not a full orchestra or choir, and that there were mostly student performers.

I wouldn't dare compare ticket prices of VGL to something like TSO as the two are completely different things.

TSO is more expensive then VGL. Point is it's a large group of people who perform the show and want to get paid.

$40-$70 Is not high priced for what you get by any means.

wow that's scary :\ good thing you were around

It's funny. Just last week I was saying to her that I think it's a bad idea that she talks to random strangers at bars. She dismissed it as me being paranoid and jealous. I wonder what she thinks about my advice now.

Spl1nter

It's funny. Just last week I was saying to her that I think it's a bad idea that she talks to random strangers at bars. She dismissed it as me being paranoid and jealous. I wonder what she thinks about my advice now.

That you are so paranoid and jealous that you drugged her drink and blamed it on some random person at the club.

Rinoa

TSO is more expensive then VGL. Point is it's a large group of people who perform the show and want to get paid.

$40-$70 Is not high priced for what you get by any means.

I know TSO is more expensive, however it's a wholly different thing. That's why I'm not comparing them. There are performers at TSO who have been doing this for decades.

For what VGL is and the amount of performers, and the types of performers (like I said, students) I think it is very high priced! I don't know if there were $40 tickets but I'm pretty sure my tickets were around $100.

At least we can expect Union to look like this for the Monday commute.

iKIM8kdCdw6pg.png

I love how this is being passed around facebook as "kuwait" or something still. Dumb ppl on facebook are annoying.

krae_man

I know TSO is more expensive, however it's a wholly different thing. That's why I'm not comparing them. There are performers at TSO who have been doing this for decades.

For what VGL is and the amount of performers, and the types of performers (like I said, students) I think it is very high priced! I don't know if there were $40 tickets but I'm pretty sure my tickets were around $100.

Maybe you got duped into buying tickets from a scalper site:

http://www.roythomson.com/eventdetail?view=preview&eventId=1130

Including fees they are only $40-$70.

Seems like everytime I check CP24 they've changed the rainfall measurement. Is it 10, 30, 50, or 100? Damn weather people can't get anything right. Might as well just say "expect somewhere between 0 and 1000mm"

Quick

Banned
Drove along the 401 earlier this evening, I couldn't see shit. Great time for idiot drivers to suddenly test their driving skills. Two cars almost rammed my car, trying to get past me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Drove along the 401 earlier this evening, I couldn't see shit. Great time for idiot drivers to suddenly test their driving skills. Two cars almost rammed my car, trying to get past me.

There seemed to be a lot of accidents on the 401 today when I perused cp24 earlier.

But man it is dark as fuck outside right now. I don't like this.

If I felt really worried about this storm I would have stocked up on beer.

Quick

Banned
There was a collision near the McCowan exit westbound. No one injured, nothing major. Looked like the car ahead tried to merge into a lane, and another car behind it slammed into that car.

Stet

Banned
I remember when this actually happened, before some enterprising soul decided to photoshop the sharks into it.

It was more annoying and disgusting than cause for alarm.

That enterprising soul used to work with me until he left a month or two ago. Pretty talented Art Director.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Man reading and watching all this storm news just shows me once again Toronto misses out on it.

Obviously a good thing but I just want the excuse to not go to work.

Rinoa

Maybe you got duped into buying tickets from a scalper site:

http://www.roythomson.com/eventdetail?view=preview&eventId=1130

Including fees they are only $40-$70.

It was in Massey Hall last year and we got several tickets through them. Still get the massey hall spam too, maybe we got charged extra for doing stuff a certain way. Sometimes doing it online or wanting the paper ticket gets a surcharge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XoT6VQE0q8&sns=fb

edit, this quote sums it up

Are these people Pho-real?

holy shit @ a 17 year old getting caught speeding at Keel and Teston going......171KM/h

This kid should have his license suspended for eternity

I'm also shocked that he was actually caught

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
holy shit @ a 17 year old getting caught speeding at Keel and Teston going......171KM/h

When I was young and dumb and working for a car dealership I found out that Cavaliers had a governor set at 170 km/hr. I never went that fast with the Corvettes because I was scared something would happen but somehow that thought didn't enter my head while in a Cavalier. :lol

Spl1nter

Stupid kid. Everyone knows you got to leave the city to speed properly. Find a nice straight rural road and you can go as fast as you want... till you hit a tree.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What's the fastest any of you have ever driven a car?

I've driven 140kmph once on the highway. I was still getting used to my new car and didn't realize how easily it could zip up there.

Stupid kid. Everyone knows you got to leave the city to speed properly. Find a nice straight rural road and you can go as fast as you want... till you hit a tree.

Keele and Teston is kind of a middle of nowhere road but still, I wonder if the helicopter spotted him

Spl1nter

Keele and Teston is kind of a middle of nowhere road but still, I wonder if the helicopter spotted him

Ya I know but cops still love those roads for speed traps. If you already live that far out of the city doesnt take long to get to a smaller rural road to drive as fast as you want.

Its hilarious how much faster you can drive on the 400 compared to 401. Left lane of the 400 south you can hit 150-160 without a worry, not that you should as you are waiting to be fucked over by a cop.

York Region once again proving we are the worst drivers in the GTA.

Or maybe the best.

The one thing I have noticed about Toronto is as soon as you hit a certain point on the 401 when coming into the city everyone starts driving 20-30km/h slower for no apparent reason.

Top Bottom