• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

zroid

Banned
That's okay, 3DS is the best console anyway and at least those games are still affo--

K2k6Ms9.png

Oh.

Roto13

I get paid in American funbucks so the plummeting dollar actually gives me more money.

But I'm not paying $75 for a game unless it comes with another game.

explodet

I ain't giving up gaming, it's kept me sane all these years.
I will certainly be buying less games at launch. And I'll be depending on the E3 preorder sales more than ever.

I also remember the days I paid $80+ for GTA3 so I'll be laughing at you whippersnappers.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is why I only play free games like Dota now

And spend just as much money on digital hats

Roto13

If your personal rule is to pay $20 or less for games, you can still play almost any game you want to play, it just takes a while. Gaming can be a really expensive hobby or a relatively cheap one, depending on how you buy games.

Even with these gross new prices, "giving up gaming" is not really an idea you have to entertain.

Yeah, I gave up buying new games a long time ago. Haven't picked up one of the new consoles, either (almost pulled the trigger on a PS4, but then it went up in price). It's backlog city for me.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear that :(

Good luck with the job hunt!

Thanks!

I'll take care you bbeh. Just have to join #teamwinter.

Uh...thanks?

that blows, getting laid off makes you feel like you're inadequate. shit is horrible. I remember when I got laid off last year, that sucked. did you get any compensation at least?

Yes, I'm getting a severance package, which will help.

I'm feeling a little lost, tbh. I haven't not had a job since....high school. And it's been a long time since I've had to look for a job.

Well, it's probably good in the long run since I've been pretty unhappy there for a while and was planing on leaving. Just not like this. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'm feeling a little lost, tbh. I haven't not had a job since....high school. And it's been a long time since I've had to look for a job.

Well, it's probably good in the long run since I've been pretty unhappy there for a while and was planing on leaving. Just not like this. :(
Other than that it may be a blessing in disguise if you were unhappy.

Well, if you have some free time, you can be captain of Team Tank! Maybe take a vacation? Get away from this perverted Kraftwerk-like weather and then come back and go nuts on the job hunt.

Or maybe get a thread up for the next meet up? :0

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Other than that it may be a blessing in disguise if you were unhappy.

Well, if you have some free time, you can be captain of Team Tank! Maybe take a vacation? Get away from this perverted Kraftwerk-like weather and then come back and go nuts on the job hunt.

Or maybe get a thread up for the next meet up? :0

I'm not sure about a vacation, but I'm taking some time for myself. Or at least trying to. I don't seem to be doing a great job at it yet lol.

Maybe I'll do the next meetup thread :eek:

Anony

if you've got a bit of money saved up, i recommend you go on a nice long vacation before starting work

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure about a vacation, but I'm taking some time for myself. Or at least trying to. I don't seem to be doing a great job at it yet lol.

Maybe I'll do the next meetup thread :eek:

Get good gear in Monster Hunter
and carry me?

Sorry to hear that, feeling lost is normal but change will be good, it always is!

this is getting shared around
http://www.blogto.com/film/2015/02/the_top_10_ytv_pjs_of_all_time/#
Jesus, way to make a guy feel ooooooooold as hell. I think young'uns like Samyy don't know what life was like back then with these guys.

Is YTV still around? Do Youths still even watch it??????

Renewed

Jesus, way to make a guy feel ooooooooold as hell. I think young'uns like Samyy don't know what life was like back then with these guys.

Is YTV still around? Do Youths still even watch it??????

I only remember as far back as Phil, but I remember Pat, Jenny and Sugar much more. And yes, YTV is still around. No one in my house watches it anymore...

Sober

Sorry to hear that, feeling lost is normal but change will be good, it always is!

I feel old but also most of the early 90s I didn't have cable so I didn't get YTV. So I had to settle for TVO instead. But I did get Phil, I definitely remember him and Sugar/Carlos. Good lord I can't believe Carlos is still doing it, that's crazy, but good for him.

Roto13

PJ Phresh Phil was in Retro City Rampage. He was interviewing Phil Fish.

Apparently he's on some unsettling late night public access thing now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This thread is progressing way too quickly. Guess I have to stop playing Monster Hunter for half an hour tomorrow and work on the new thread.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

These always seem to pop up every so often.

So much nostalgia from that man. Fuck i feel so old, I remember when those puppets took over that one day. I was so upset that other kids were writing in to the PJs to tell them the takeover was commencing.

Bunch of snitches.

Rinoa

But how many of you were on a YTV show? :)

I was almost on a vidgame show which is how I met Phil, but that show tanked fast and hard. Terrible script and premise.

I once worked on YTV's website (Game & Anime parts) when it was good. That's where I met my husbando (in Corus Ent's marketing div) right until I moved onto SPACE channel.

Turning 24 this May but can remember nearly all of those PJs. Fuck me is life going by fast.

YTV died for me when they stopped airing Dragon Ball Z movie marathons on new year's day.

Anth0ny

I used to watch YTV basically from when I got home to when I went to bed as a kid. Pokemon, Beast Wars, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing... and I know I'm forgetting a bunch. Good times.

Video and Arcade Top 10 was also the shit. Watching video games being played on TV was surreal back then. That show would usually introduce me to games I hadn't even heard of before, too. A cool looking game would be played, and off to Blockbuster I'd go.

I used to watch YTV basically from when I got home to when I went to bed as a kid. Pokemon, Beast Wars, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing... and I know I'm forgetting a bunch. Good times.

Video and Arcade Top 10 was also the shit. Watching video games being played on TV was surreal back then. That show would usually introduce me to games I hadn't even heard of before, too. A cool looking game would be played, and off to Blockbuster I'd go.

The fuck is Beast Wars? You mean Beasties?

Can't have the word "war" in our Canadian children's programming! Nope!

Top Bottom