• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

explodet

Yeah, I can't even tell if it's snowing anymore.

I'd open a window or something to confirm it, but fuck that, it's cold out there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This "storm" looks like a bitch so far.
Oh you gonna get yours! >=[

So I decided to be a hero and go to work today since there was no snow day. Most of my coworkers said they were likely staying home. Today will be interesting....or I can skip work and go look for Fire Emblem aka EM's next over hyped Nintendo game.

BRING IT, EM!

I hate being a TTC rider on days like this. I'm expected to come in while people with a car are told to stay home and get a free day off.

Boo hoo... :/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hate being a TTC rider on days like this. I'm expected to come in while people with a car are told to stay home and get a free day off.

Boo hoo... :/
It wasn't bad this morning but I had it in my head to skip work today because I only work a half day on Fridays so I said fuck it.

It wasn't bad this morning but I had it in my head to skip work today because I only work a half day on Fridays so I said fuck it.

I'm supposed to be here until 2:30. :/ It's just me and the receptionist right now. One person called in to see who else was here. I love that shit.

Kunohara

Took me 3 hours to get home from the airport last night. Good ol 401. Never went above 10km/h it was so slow. This morning there weren't that many people on the highways probably because they were smart and took the day off. Got into work in time. I really hoping they left us off early today. These winter tires are sure paying off right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp I went in to work.

In hindsight I wish I stayed home now. I was driving and was literally 10 minutes away from work before it really got bad for me driving and at that point I didn't see a reason to turn around. :(

zroid

Banned
The University of Toronto Mississauga is closed today, Friday, February 8, due to the weather. All classes, tutorials, labs, tests, meetings and other on-campus activities at UTM are cancelled.

The University of Toronto Scarborough campus is now closed due to the severe winter storm. All daytime and evening classes and events are cancelled.

The University's St. George campus remains open today. All classes and other activities will go ahead as scheduled.

Dear UTSG administrators:

Go to a frozen hell

but fortunately I don't have class on fridays

Azih

I admit it was fun clambering over a snowdrift to get to the subway this morning. Team Winter for a day I guess.

Toronto photo of the day:

Wj8obt9.jpg

source

Dear UTSG administrators:

Go to a frozen hell

but fortunately I don't have class on fridays

I do. I even have 2 papers due this morning that I haven't finished. And you know what? They can go fuck themselves. Every other institution in the GTA decides it's not safe enough, including their other campuses but they're like "no biggie, come on in!" There are cars skidding around on my street as I type this. Dick move imo.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I do. I even have 2 papers due this morning that I haven't finished. And you know what? They can go fuck themselves. Every other institution in the GTA decides it's not safe enough, including their other campuses but they're like "no biggie, come on in!" There are cars skidding around on my street as I type this. Dick move imo.

Yeah fuck you, UTSG. I also had a paper due today.

It's your own fault you didn't finish your papers. Now you have to suffer for...

AHAHAHA I'm sorry I can't even fake that. You're right, I have no hate for how you feel.

It definitely is a dick move by the campus. Fuck them.

Hey, I finished my paper! Don't lump me in with that slacker Kyoto lol

I only got one class today I'm going to get dressed and walk outside and decide if I'm going or not. Probably am. GO is going to be hell.

krae_man

I do customer service over the phone so even if I'm the only person here I still have to work. Also my call volume will probably be higher because fewer people will come in person.

Enjoy your break, I don't get it :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks unlikely that I go home early.

They are treating us to a pizza lunch at noon...or they were but the pizza will probably be delayed in delivery so maybe closer to 1pm.

Thanks Obama.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I do customer service over the phone so even if I'm the only person here I still have to work. Also my call volume will probably be higher because fewer people will come in person.

Enjoy your break, I don't get it :(

Looks unlikely that I go home early.

They are treating us to a pizza lunch at noon...or they were but the pizza will probably be delayed in delivery so maybe closer to 1pm.

Thanks Obama.

Looks at avatars....SUCKERS!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah we've been through this.

We can finally shake hands at the next meetup.

Kuro you better get your ass over there. I want to impress you with my "quality" beer selection.

Did someone say Coors Light?

Sidewalk was just plowed and saw a neighbor try to speed out his driveway through the newly created mountain (from the sidewalk plow blocking the driveway even worse) of snow and completely fail. Lol he's stuck now.

My street hasn't been plowed. Guess they're waiting for it to stop.

Quadratic

Super boring at work today. Just watching the snow fall. Another 4.5 hours to go. Shocking that everyone showed up this morning and on time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There are two really steep hills in Swansea where the buses always get into trouble with snow. Saw one that couldn't make it up this morning. One time, a couple years ago, we had to move everyone up toward the front of the bus and we were able to move. Goooood times on the TTC when it snows.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My office is normally filled with around 200 people. Did a head count at lunch, we had about 38 people total.

This day can't end soon enough, want to get home and onto the couch.

I was just out walking dogs and jumping around in the snow for 3 hours! What a glorious day! LOVE IT!!!
You son of a bitch! I'm guessing you don't have a driveway to shovel, right? Just got in from shoveling for two hours. It took me an hour and 15 mins to clear the driveway and I stayed out another 45 minutes cleaning up so that the snow didn't accumulate. I gave up as its still falling hard.

Didn't have to go in to school. Gonna drink tea and play Skyrim all day.

#teamsummer35°+humidityballsweatinghot

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
#teamsummer35°+humidityballsweatinghot

Can I be part of #teamsnow and #teamsummer35°? Winter should be cold and snowy, summer should be hot! Yay seasons!

Pulled out the snowblower for the first time this year. Cleared out my driveway and a neighbouring driveway that I get paid for. It's still coming down enough that I'll probably have enough snow to justify pulling out the snowblower again later. I'll probably clear a few other driveways the next time I head out just to be nice. Got a lot of seniors on the street and this is a lot of snow for someone my age to clear let alone someone 70+.

My next door neighbour couldn't pull onto our street thanks to the snowplow piling up a huge drift while clearing the main road. Three other people came over to help her dig a path so she could drive through.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In front of my place in Scarborough (along with my neighbour):

I don't feel like doing anything about it until it stops, even if that means tomorrow. So glad I have a big ass snow blower.

My brother's neighbour cleaning his driveway in Brampton:

Yep, the banks are as high as the porch.

Top Bottom