• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I had to go out there today because I saw my neighbour. I couldn't let him do his driveway on his own. :(

I saw him trying to clear the snow off of his cars with a regular snow brush and I couldn't help but laugh. I brought out my snow broom that I brought home when I used to work at a car dealership and it never ceases to amaze him. Even with all that snow I was done clearing a car in about 15-20 seconds.

GMYUvhM.jpg

krae_man

I had to call 50 people and tell them a show was cancelled due to the weather and only 2 of them thought I was a telemarketer and hung up on me right away.

That's better then normal but still annoying.

Azih

I had to call 50 people and tell them a show was cancelled due to the weather and only 2 of them thought I was a telemarketer and hung up on me right away.

That's better then normal but still annoying.

You should hang around the venue and when they start showing up scream at them that you tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen.

krae_man

You should hang around the venue and when they start showing up scream at them that you tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen.

I'd rather be home.

We take detailed notes when we call people so if they phone to complain tomorrow we'll have a note that says "we phoned yesterday around 3pm and someone hung up on is immidiately after we asked to speak to you".

Quadratic

Going home after work and drinking some wine. Then proceed to sleep until tomorrow when I hope the snow magically disappears. (Yeah right)

Returners

I had to go out there today because I saw my neighbour. I couldn't let him do his driveway on his own. :(

I saw him trying to clear the snow off of his cars with a regular snow brush and I couldn't help but laugh. I brought out my snow broom that I brought home when I used to work at a car dealership and it never ceases to amaze him. Even with all that snow I was done clearing a car in about 15-20 seconds.

GMYUvhM.jpg

:O I need this.

Quick

Banned
These kinds of days bring the neighbourliness out of people.

Helped out my neighbour with my snow blower, and another get his car unstuck. My entire street was filled with people getting their car out of the snow. There was actually a queue of stuck cars entering the street. Eventually, garbage collectors came, and barely anyone had their bins out. They had to swerve through all those stuck cars.

Quick

Banned
Around half of the people on my street were out there today. I think this was the first time since the last snow storm that I've seen some of them.

Yeah, I haven't seen some of them either in ages or at all.

On another note, apparently my store closed early today. Not that I was going to work, but I never seem to catch these things when I'm working (not that I look forward to days like these).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Plow finally hit my street and left a wall in front of everyone's driveway. I'll hit it with the blower tomorrow. On a related funny note, a neighbour down the street was stupid enough to leave their car on the street. :lol

BTW all the snow from my driveway always goes across the street to the yard directly in front of me. That neighbour doesn't mind.

Works was pretty slow today, not many people in the store, but oh my god was it funny. The intersection right by the store is where the street starts becoming a hill, and no vehicle could cross it going north. All fucking day vehicles are trying to tackle the intersection and failing miserably. A tow truck had to come and help vehicles through. Traffic was backed up for who the fuck even knows how many blocks south on Yonge.

Jayhawk

My sister and I picked a bad weekend to move. I spent 45 minutes shoveling my driveway, so that there would be lots of space for the moving truck and room to maneuver furniture around. Then my back started to ache. Realizing that I need to save my back for all the lifting of boxes and furniture for the move this weekend, I decided to go back inside and start looking around for residential snow plow services.

Sober

Shoveled what I swear was 30 cm of snow the afternoon, then come out again in anticipation of the snow bank and there was another 6-10 on the ground by around eight.

The neighbour across the street got a massive dump as we were both out shoveling which totally sucked. Our neighbour next door during the afternoon came over and did the "stand back I got this" with his snowblower (though we had like 90% of the driveway done).

I don't remember the last time I even saw this much snow...

My sister and I picked a bad weekend to move. I spent 45 minutes shoveling my driveway, so that there would be lots of space for the moving truck and room to maneuver furniture around. Then my back started to ache. Realizing that I need to save my back for all the lifting of boxes and furniture for the move this weekend, I decided to go back inside and start looking around for residential snow plow services.

I've always wondered what moving during a whiteout would be like.

I think you should skip the hassle and hire a moving company; though you'll probably pay increased rates in this weather.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't shoveling this white shit yesterday. Wanted it to goddamn stop first.

Sunday, my warm brethren....the prophecy will come true.

Biscuits

Now that's what Canadian winter is all about! I have to say, I've missed weather like this. Makes me wish I could still go tobogganing.

Took this a few minutes from my house:
8460943800_b990289a59_c.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I just came back from the ROM, thought I'd share a few pictures.
I'll probably be visiting on Tuesday, this is from the exhibit that you have to pay extra for right? lol

Anyone know what the cost of living in Montreal is compared to Toronto? I'm actually considering transferring over to McGill and looking to get an idea of what it'd take to rent/live near the university. I don't know if anyone here has lived there before.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what the cost of living in Montreal is compared to Toronto? I'm actually considering transferring over to McGill and looking to get an idea of what it'd take to rent/live near the university. I don't know if anyone here has lived there before.
I believe it's comparable. Maybe housing is a bit cheaper.

Their transit system is worse than ours though...I constantly hear my mtl coworkers say bad weather increases time spent in transit.

Top Bottom