• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

While walking to the subway today I walked on the road. Even though people shoveled the front part of their homes the icy run off made the sidewalks an ice rink. I'd almost rather they left some snow since you at least get grip.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro can never admit fault. I know this from years of playing TF2 with him.
Dragona has to keep a tighter lease on you and your heavy.

Weather was great Sunday, yesterday, and today.

I lived in Crapmonton growing up. Fuck snow.

And you want to avoid ice? Just stop having it snow.
Edit: and you have terrible taste in burgers and you like Paper Mario. Relevance? None. Truth? Yes.

Edit: well, shit, EM...I blame...Fils-Aime? My body isn't ready for this snow.

Rinoa

While walking to the subway today I walked on the road. Even though people shoveled the front part of their homes the icy run off made the sidewalks an ice rink. I'd almost rather they left some snow since you at least get grip.

Ppl shoveled the right amount, but then it got warm and the snow they left melted so we're now in ice city. Walking around tonight in low light on sidewalks was like

tumblr_inline_mi4xto64oN1qz4rgp.gif

Quadratic

Has anyone been to the Home of Hot Taste at Yonge and Bloor for Korean Fried Chicken?

My go to place has always been Ajuker in Koreatown but I have some friends who want to stay on the Yonge University line if possible.

The only real question I have is if there's a soju/chicken combo. The yelp reviews I'm reading vary pretty wildly and I'm not going to order anything that's not fried chicken (there's a standard Korean cuisine menu).

I hear you. Makes training for a 5K much, much harder.

zorbsie

I'm pretty sure everyone here has already preordered this but if anyone hasn't yet, Game Centre is offering this t shirt with every purchase of MGR. Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in.

ARjkmEll.jpg

Full disclosure, I've done some art work for these guys and they let me know what's coming up. I hope I'm not breaking any rules in posting this.

I'm pretty sure everyone here has already preordered this but if anyone hasn't yet, Game Centre is offering this t shirt with every purchase of MGR. Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in.

ARjkmEll.jpg

Full disclosure, I've done some art work for these guys and they let me know what's coming up. I hope I'm not breaking any rules in posting this.
Would make a nice pajama shirt. Why do stores always give away these shirts in extra large? I have many halo 3 and tabula rasa shirts from when I used to work at future shop during those launches. We use them as rags to clean the house.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Would make a nice pajama shirt. Why do stores always give away these shirts in extra large? I have many halo 3 and tabula rasa shirts from when I used to work at future shop during those launches. We use them as rags to clean the house.
Because they think all gamers are fat.

Fuck this snow. I need to make it to the Via Rail station at Union and its not making the busses go any faster -_-

Edited out my phones auto correct. No clue how it gave me tour

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Walk the dog at 5:30. No snow at all. Look outside now, WHITE OUT. Too bad that ice is still around, or I could enjoy it more. I blame Kuro's rain.

I stumbled upon this Hazelton Lanes mini mall in Yorkville the other day. Just wanted to get out of the wet snow as I was going towards union after school. Wtf. Place is a complete mind fuck. They have a beautiful center food court type area with one place to eat: a hero burger.

There is a whole foods somewhere in the mall as well. About two dozen of these expensive boutiques with absolutely no customers in them and only one employee.

Rich dudes with their trophy wives walking around. It was bizarre. I didn't belong there. Apparently there is free WiFi there but I didn't check it out. The center court really is nice though and quiet with leather couches and seats and some electrical outlets to charge things.

Anyone been there? Quite the trip. I've honestly never been inside there before until then other day.

Brinbe

I stumbled upon this Hazelton Lanes mini mall in Yorkville the other day. Just wanted to get out of the wet snow as I was going towards union after school. Wtf. Place is a complete mind fuck. They have a beautiful center food court type area with one place to eat: a hero burger.

There is a whole foods somewhere in the mall as well. About two dozen of these expensive boutiques with absolutely no customers in them and only one employee.

Rich dudes with their trophy wives walking around. It was bizarre. I didn't belong there. Apparently there is free WiFi there but I didn't check it out. The center court really is nice though and quiet with leather couches and seats and some electrical outlets to charge things.

Anyone been there? Quite the trip. I've honestly never been inside there before until then other day.
Yeah, I've been a few times for the whole foods and it just matches the ridiculousness of the rest of the area.

Willectro

Banned

Yorkville.

I live in the Annex but that is right near Yorkville so sometimes my mail gets diverted to the Yorkville post office and I have to go there to pick it up. It's another world.
Although there are tons of rich people in the Annex too, they are these laid back hippie versions of rich people.
Yorkville is the LA-wannabe, plastic surgery casualty version of rich people. It's very unpleasant there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This street vendor thread makes me sad that Toronto is such a miserable failure when it comes to this stuff. RIP terrible managed a la Cart. There were some rumblings last summer about trying to expand what could be sold by the vendors. Did anything come from that?

Quick

Banned
This street vendor thread makes me sad that Toronto is such a miserable failure when it comes to this stuff. RIP terrible managed a la Cart. There were some rumblings last summer about trying to expand what could be sold by the vendors. Did anything come from that?

Wasn't it salad that they were beginning to sell? Or are you referring to something else?

jokkir

The only A La Cart I know of (or remember) is the one at Yonge and Finch where they sell those Korean/Asian food. I haven't personally eaten there but my friends have and it looks tasty.

Where are the other ones in the city?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The only A La Cart I know of (or remember) is the one at Yonge and Finch where they sell those Korean/Asian food. I haven't personally eaten there but my friends have and it looks tasty.

Where were the other ones you mean. To my knowledge there were only a few left by mid-2011. When I tried to find one around King and John, I guess it had already been shut down. Quite a shame it was so expensive ($30k for a truck approved by the city and red tape everywhere), because I would love to have these food options over only sausage and fries.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I can see that one out of my window right now. I've only eaten at it once but it's pretty bad and overpriced.

Hieberrr

I've never been to it yet but the Scadding Court community at Dundas and Bathurst has a bunch of vendors selling food and stuff out of shipping containers every day between certain hours.
It looks pretty good to me so I think I'm gonna check it out soon.

http://www.scaddingcourt.org/market_707
I went there last summer, although only tried the Korean food. It was pretty good, although I'd try the other foods since better Korean food can be found not too far away.

Silly question, but is there a place in Scarborough that sells good Ramen or Sushi? I'd like to take my family to a place but we're so busy lately that I'd like to go to somewhere that's somewhat close to where I live.

Top Bottom