• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup #24: Brought to you by #TeamReasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

BmfwbTT.png

When: Saturday, September 24th, 2016 @ 7 PM
Where: Victory Cafe (menu)
Pre-Meetup at Tim Hortons at 6PM
Post Meet-up KFC WHENEVER

Welcome back to your regularly scheduled meetups! Going strong with the one-per-month pledge and we're at 8/12 so far! Little do you all know is that after this meetup we'll be having a meetup every week of October /s

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

Kuro's meetup FAQ:

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Going:
Renewed
hupla
EvilMario
dluu13
Kuro Madoushi
capitalCORN
krae_man
shadowkat
StrangeRoboMemory
Sober
chaobreaker

Maybe:
AlphaTwo00
MheeBee12
Brinbe
Quadratic
gabbo

Not Going:
cripplegate
Deraldin

hupla

I'm going to finally come to one of these now that I dont work weekends and am moved into my new place! Might as well make this my first!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In for now.

Wasn't one of the places suggested "Powered Up" or something?

I'll throw in The Only Cafe along with some form of Greek food after.

I'm also fine with Victory Cafe and going early to steal the little room again.

In for now.

Wasn't one of the places suggested "Powered Up" or something?

I'll throw in The Only Cafe along with some form of Greek food after.

I'm also fine with Victory Cafe and going early to steal the little room again.

I remember The Only Cafe being tiny. Did they reno in the last 15 years? I'd be nice to be there if there's space. And we all hit Messini's afterwards!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Aw crap. I knew this was going to happen. The only Saturday I had available this month was the 3rd. I'm out for this round, but I'll (hopefully) be back for October!

Mhee12Bee

This might be a maybe. Saturdays are now more difficult for me to hang out due to Burning Wheel RPG campaign with my buds. Try my best to come though.

Renewed

Wow time flies huh? Only a week dang. I think we'll have the pre-meet at Tims at around 6PM? Since I don't have to worry about work now, I'll be there early for some MonHun if anyone's down.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wow time flies huh? Only a week dang. I think we'll have the pre-meet at Tims at around 6PM? Since I don't have to worry about work now, I'll be there early for some MonHun if anyone's down.

I'm finally G rank now, so I can play actual entertaining hunts this time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A reminder this is happening this Saturday.

Come for the bad nachos and rotten cider. Stay for the Jesus waiter and Canadian Tire money

Mhee12Bee

If anyone is thinking about going to the Powerbar area, think again. TTC is creating a dark zone for all stations under St George and Yonge.

gabbo

So, how do we id ourselves when we get there ? I've never been to one of these, but assume there's some kind of T.O.GAF method to the madness

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, how do we id ourselves when we get there ? I've never been to one of these, but assume there's some kind of T.O.GAF method to the madness

We'll usually post in this thread where we're sitting (ie; downstairs, upstairs) and we'll likely be the largest group. If there's any question, just post in the thread.

It'll look something like this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I might be in tonight.

There's too much good news by other members to not come and celebrate. :3

Renewed

I said I'd get myself water, not shitty water. Anyways I'm gonna try to not get lost, I'm heading into Vaughn for a bit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Last reminder we're meeting up!

Not sure if I'll be there for a pre meet up but I will bring my 3DS so EM can kill monsters for me while I sit back and test emoticons.

I assume if there's no reservation that one of you will grab the room next to the entrance?

Quick

Banned
I'm still out of the country, you guys have fun.

A toast to EM for 10 years in Canada, Kat for the new job, dluu for graduating, and Kuro for some reason.

Quadratic

I'll be near Harbord st. meeting a friend in the afternoon so if you care to meetup earlier for Mon Hun you can post in the thread. I'm pretty much down for any type of hunt. Even arenas if we don't have the numbers.

Mhee12Bee

capitalCORN made me drunk enough to say I'm going today. Wish you could put your Monster Hunter sessions in the big screen to see.

SOUPA MONSTA HUNTA MAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom