• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
The new Giro TT helmet (worn by BMC, Katusha and other Giro sponsored teams)

katusha_helmet_2-659x440.jpg

marcincz

I would love to see Majka in yellow jersey, but it's only Polish fan dream. Last year he won 2 mountain stages in big style and took jersey for best mountain rider. Besides won Tour de Pologne, however in this season he doesn't shine. I regret he abandoned Giro this season.
I bet he, Basso and Kreuziger help enough Contador to win.

Pacbois

I would love to see Majka in yellow jersey, but it's only Polish fan dream. Last year he won 2 mountain stages in big style and took jersey for best mountain rider. Besides won Tour de Pologne, however in this season he doesn't shine. I regret he abandoned Giro this season.
I bet he, Basso and Kreuziger help enough Contador to win.

tumblr_n96l8o68VY1swtjjuo1_500.gif

#neverforget

bjaelke

Today's stage:

TDF15_ETAP-02_PROFIL-3D.jpg

Starts at 13.00 CET
This might get interesting contrary to what the stage profile suggests.
Temperatures in the Netherlands are still high but a storm is brewing over the south of Britain with forecast suggesting it will move east, meaning there could be rain and increasing winds in the afternoon. With the stage due to finish just after 5pm local time, the first road stage could become chaotic, with the bad weather inspiring attacks, echelons, splits in the peloton producing a nervous finale for the riders and risks of time losses for overall contenders.

waypoetic

Banned
Yeah today is going to be exciting for sure.
I was planning for a long ride today but with the weather we're (Sweden) having right now i'll hold off and go for an evening ride instead - as the thermometer currently reads 30 celcius, plus there's almost no winds.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Yeah, I'm looking forward to todays finale as well. Might get nervous with all the wind. I wouldn't be surprised if, when we're getting splits in the peloton, one of the favorites for the yellow will miss out and lose a bunch of time already.

Ha, LeMond was a bit salty over losing the TT speed record, although he was correct about it not really mattering.

As far as today goes, sudden weather changes are the best when it comes to racing, so this is pretty exciting. But I am a bit annoyed that the XC MTB World Cup is right on top of this.

Saw a close a up froome pic and i heard he was really skinny but he s borderline anorexic imo. This cant be healthy right?
theres a storm brooming at the finish line so this could get interesting.

Did any1 here saw gent wevelgem where G thomas just flew of his bike because of the crosswinds? that race was epic and should be up on youtube somewhere.

waypoetic

Banned
Saw a close a up froome pic and i heard he was really skinny but he s borderline anorexic imo. This cant be healthy right?
theres a storm brooming at the finish line so this could get interesting.

Please don't throw that around, him (or any cyclist for that matter) being "borderline anorexic". He's a climber and climbers are light, but him having anorexia is stupid.
If someone comes to cycling looking for beefy guys; look to the velodrome.

Please don't throw that around, him (or any cyclist for that matter) being "borderline anorexic". He's a climber and climbers are light, but him having anorexia is stupid.
If someone comes to cycling looking for beefy guys; look to the velodrome.
Incredible how easy it is to offend people nowadays...Nibali,contador,qquintana and all the greatest climbers of all time never looked this skinny.
yesterday there was ex wc road cycling on the tv who had anorexia at a certain point in her career who said what she saw was alarming. So its not just me but people who have been there who say that.

waypoetic

Banned
Incredible how easy it is to offend people nowadays...Nibali,contador,qquintana and all the greatest climbers of all time never looked this skinny.
yesterday there was ex wc road cycling on the tv who had anorexia at a certain point in her career who said what she saw was alarming. So its not just me but people who have been there who say that.

I'm not offended, at all. I just find it funny that non-cyclists think that us cyclists should be bigger, for some reason. The muscles that counts are the legs, the core and the heart. I ride with guys that are bigger and smaller than me, and the strongest ones aren't the biggest.

Regarding Froomey i don't know what you're actually so upset about. I've seen like three interviews and he looks good. Not "too skinny".

The only one who's health you should question is Lars Boom's.

I'm not offended, at all. I just find it funny that non-cyclists think that us cyclists should be bigger, for some reason. The muscles that counts are the legs, the core and the heart. I ride with guys that are bigger and smaller than me, and the strongest ones aren't the biggest.

Regarding Froomey i don't know what you're actually so upset about. I've seen like three interviews and he looks good. Not "too skinny".

The only one who's health you should question is Lars Boom's.
boom probably used his asthma puffer too much because of the hot weather i guess. Values werent that far off the normal values.
I have nothing against froome but i was shocked when i saw pics of his arms thats all.
what your definition of a cyclist And what makes u think you are one and i m not?

CloudWolf

Normally I don't really care for the Tour, but with them riding through my street yesterday and today I just had to watch from my balcony with a few friends and it was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll finally watch it completely this year.

bjaelke

Daniel Benson ‏@dnlbenson 3m3 minutes ago
valverde, quintana, mollema, peraud all in second group, dropped in cross winds.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
That's some legit Flandrien weather. Quintana already more than a minute behind ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom