• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I hope we get an exciting race today, but I'm not expecting it. There's going to be breakaways, but I expect that the major teams will try to keep it together. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a big pack of around 50-60 riders still together in Huy. Last 1,5km will be spectacular of course — I'm rooting for Kwiatkovski. Todays stage is making me sad Etixx-QuickStep didn't select Alaphillipe for the Tour, he did great here in La Fleche Wallonne.

It'll be interesting to see if Cancellara will keep the yellow. Dumoulin has an opportunity to take the lead today.

Something else to look forward to is how the Valverde - Quintana dynamic will evolve after today. Valverde will surely finish as one of the first today, or even win as he did during La Fleche Wallonne. If Quintana loses time again today it'll be interesting to see how the Movistar team will react to that.

Haha, yeah, Eurosport player seems to be designed to prop up pay channels on the TV. Because it sucks.

edit: also the direct feed seems like a better choice every minute I listen to these commentators. They ignore the race and talk about what idiotic stuff they did last week.

Brandson

I expect I know the answer, since nothing ever changes here, but I'll ask anyway: Is there any way to legitimately watch the Tour de France online in Canada this year without a tv subscription?

Kitsuné

Big crash! Cancellara involved, damn it!

edit: Gerrans also involved.

edit2: another fall, apparently the race is neutralized for now.

Pacbois

Oh wow that was a spectacular crash. Glad that race control neutralised it just to make sure that nothing really serious happend

Hanmik

I can´t watch.. bu it sounds crazy.. really hope people are ok.. looks bad for one rider according to my radio ..

Kitsuné

Damn, Dumoulin :(

No sympathy from the other racers, especially from Sky. That was a really nasty crash, there'll be lots of skin on the asphalt.

Good on Prud'homme for neutralizing the race. Should happen more often imo

edit: So far Dumoulin, Gerrans (both semi-favorites for the stage today) and Bonnet have abandoned the race. Wouldn't be surprised if Cancellara does so as well :(

Pacbois

For those who didn't see it, William Bonnet (FDJ) fell while the peleton was speeding in a downhill section. That caused a massive crash behind him, a bunch of riders hit a lamp post on the side of the road.

For those who didn't see it, William Bonnet (FDJ) fell while the peleton was speeding in a downhill section. That caused a massive crash behind him, a bunch of riders hit a lamp post on the side of the road.

I think he clipped the guy in front of him and went down.

Staab

Very nasty crash, I hope there's no serious injury.
Good thing they halted the race for a few...

Even then, the tour is probably over for some of them, a real shame :(((

Good decision IMO, too many riders involved and this just gives a chance to make sure everyone is ok.

Although, i feel like most will feels it was stopped for Cancellera

Pacbois

Good decision IMO, too many riders involved and this just gives a chance to make sure everyone is ok.

Although, i feel like most will feels it was stopped for Cancellera

I think the main reason why they stopped was to make sure nobody was seriously hurt, that crash was spectacular. Also making the race a bit fairer, there was a lot of riders involved.

Speculation is they neutralised as all the ambulances following the race were stopped for the accidents. Either they had to wait for more, or for the ones that stopped to be available again.

Henderson and Matthews don't look good.

Linius

Astana and Tinkoff be like, enough with this.

By the way, Ten Dam's shoulder was dislocated. And he's still in it. Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom