• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Why are the most exciting stages always the ones where I'm at work following on live text :(

Nice to see a TdF thread on GAF, I always wondered why there wasn't a road-race cycling general thread on GAF, bjaelke pls.

Going with Valverde to win today's stage (I don't think he was in the crash was he?).

Linius

Guess cycling is too niche? I personally only follow the Tour de France. And some of the classics troughout the year.

Kabouter

Still so bummed about Dumoulin :(

Guess cycling is too niche? I personally only follow the Tour de France. And some of the classics troughout the year.

I watch the TdF, a bunch of the classics and the Giro generally. I usually miss most of the Vuelta.

I don't know how it is in NL, but here in Belgium, if you don't want anything to do with Cycling, you still somehow know all the names, races, teams, whatnot. And you always end up watching the Tour. It's ridiculous how you just get bombarded with that stuff.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Cancellara is gone for sure. He'll probably wait to see how he feels tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if he abandons.

Tomorrow's stage was his big goal :(

I can see him hanging on and trying to recuperate until the team time trial, but as you say, it all depends on how he will feel tomorrow... Doesn't look good.

Linius

I don't know how it is in NL, but here in Belgium, if you don't want anything to do with Cycling, you still somehow know all the names, races, teams, whatnot. And you always end up watching the Tour. It's ridiculous how you just get bombarded with that stuff.

Well yeah in Belgium and The Netherlands there's a huge cycling culture. But we're on Neogaf with lots of Americans and people from all around the world.

I think it became big in the US when Armstrong started piling up the victories. Not sure how it is now...

It's certainly niche but popularity seems to be on the rise. If nothing else, all the major races are now televised .

Hope Tony Martin can hold on!

Kitsuné

Damn, I didn't expect Froome today! Nice win for Rodriguez. Impressed by Tony Gallopin, I expect him later this Tour.

Why did Contador look so average today?

Froome in yellow, gonna be hilarious seeing him fall on his arse in yellow tomorrow.

Come on Nibali, gotta try and hammer Froome and Alberto

Pacbois

Froome pushing Gallopin in the mur, such a dick move. Hope he can make a move tomorrow and grab the yellow.

Cancellara heading straight to the hospital.

Ruruja

Didn't Froome crash before getting to the cobbles last year? He might be a demon on the cobbles (okay, he's definitely not), but he has a decent team to help him along them.

Poor Tony.

Purito is so good. I love him so much. That 2012 vuelta and him losing the world championships were so hard to watch . He deserved both.In this steep climbs he's nothing less than amazing.

Kitsuné

Didn't Froome crash before getting to the cobbles last year? He might be a demon on the cobbles (okay, he's definitely not), but he has a decent team to help him along them.

Being one of the skinniest guys in the peloton certainly doesn't help when it comes to cobbles.

What do you guys expect for tomorrow? With Cancellara either out or recovering, and Boom not being in great shape, I'm putting my money on Vanmarcke, Stybar and Van Avermaet (to a lesser degree).

waypoetic

Banned
I'm expecting (i may be biased) a domination from Etixx. I think it's gonna be Etixx, Katusha and Sky in the last 500 meters.

Kitsuné;171070208 said:
Being one of the skinniest guys in the peloton certainly doesn't help when it comes to cobbles.

What do you guys expect for tomorrow? With Cancellara either out or recovering, and Boom not being in great shape, I'm putting my money on Vanmarcke, Stybar and Van Avermaet (to a lesser degree).

I'm not terribly familiar with the difficulty of the cobbled sections they selected but I imagine some of the stronger sprinters, Kristoff, Sagan, and maybe Degenkolb will be in the mix.

I'm expecting (i may be biased) a domination from Etixx. I think it's gonna be Etixx, Katusha and Sky in the last 500 meters.

Not Froome, he isn't a great bike handler. I see Nibali taking some good seconds out of him and possibly going for the stage win if it is an eventful race, but then again, I am biased too :)))

Tomorrow and the TTT should see him get some good seconds back

Kitsuné

I'm not terribly familiar with the difficulty of the cobbled sections they selected but I imagine some of the stronger sprinters, Kristoff, Sagan, and maybe Degenkolb will be in the mix.

Ah yes, Kristoff and Degenkolb, how could I forget them! Probably because they've been pretty invisible these first three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom