• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
You mean Dutch?
No, I mean harsh weather conditions which bring out the strongest riders, as is often the case in the Flemish classics. I wasn't referring to the country they're in.

What an exciting race! I wonder if Nibali will get any closer, because BMC, Sky and Tinkoff will definitely keep on riding. Etixx going for yellow.

Kabouter

Kitsuné;170960807 said:
No, I mean harsh weather conditions which bring out the strongest riders, as is often the case in the Flemisch classics. I wasn't referring to the country they're in.

What an exciting race! I wonder if Nibali will get any closer, because BMC, Sky and Tinkoff will definitely keep on riding. Etixx going for yellow.
I think Etixx is going for the stage win, yellow for Martin might be a nice bonus though.

Puncture for Nibali...ouch

waypoetic

Banned
By the way, i'm curious, any of you got a favorite team that you're rooting for?

Fake edit: Nibali punctured and is now all alone...

Kitsuné

I think Etixx is going for the stage win, yellow for Martin might be a nice bonus though.

Puncture for Nibali...ouch

Yeah, forgot about Cav for a second. Will be exciting to see him go aganst Greipel and Sagan.

waypoetic

Banned
And Sagan's out. The sprint finish is going to be EQS, BMC and Sky for sure.

EDIT: Did Sagan slipstream a car all the way up? He got back very, VERY fast...

Kitsuné

I'm partial for Belgian riders and teams (I'm Belgian), but I don't really have any favorites. Except maybe for Van Avermaet, mostly because he so deserves a big win.

When it comes to Cavendish vs Greipel I'm 100% for Greipel though. Can't stand Cav.

They just mentioned Cancellara on tv, and indeed, I can see him trying something in the final kms.

waypoetic

Banned
I'm rooting for Etixx Quick-Step, to answer my own question. As you can imagine i was a bit disappointed (and suprised) that Alaphilippe wasn't chosen for the TdF team. But Cav, Stybar, Kwiatkowski, Martin and Renshaw will do great this tour!

Pacbois

Can Contador and Froome like fall tomorrow ? please ? I don't want to watch 3 weeks of a boring fight between those two.

I'm too harsh but he's too tactical, Nibali was amazing to watch last year as he just went for it almost all the time

Tactical does not mean boring. Remember his spectacular coup in the Vuelta of 2012? Or the crosswind stage in the Tour in 2013? Contador also attacked plenty in the Giro.

Just caught up on today's stage. Great watch! Very happy that Cancellara has yellow.

I'd be pretty pissed if I were Tony Martin having worked for all day only to see Cav sit up and surrender the yellow.

waypoetic

Banned
I'd be pretty pissed if I were Tony Martin having worked for all day only to see Cav sit up and surrender the yellow.

My thoughts about Cav's sprint was that he launched it too early, but then again i don't know his reasoning for it. Anyways, he finished fourth and fourth on a grand tour is impressive nonetheless.

Firemind

Credit where credit is due. Cancellara fully deserves it. He was completely isolated in the final and went against two sprinters and Sagan in the hopes of finishing third to take the yellow jersey. That takes massive willpower.

My thoughts about Cav's sprint was that he launched it too early, but then again i don't know his reasoning for it. Anyways, he finished fourth and fourth on a grand tour is impressive nonetheless.

Credit where credit is due. Cancellara fully deserves it. He was completely isolated in the final and went against two sprinters and Sagan in the hopes of finishing third to take the yellow jersey. That takes massive willpower.

Absolutely Cancellara deserves it. He knew exactly what he needed to do and executed. I'm always surprised how fast he is when he decides to sprint.

There's no doubt Cav went too early, largely due to his lead out disintegrating. He might have been completely gassed at the end but he still could've thrown his bike at the line.

Absolutely Cancellara deserves it. He knew exactly what he needed to do and executed. I'm always surprised how fast he is when he decides to sprint.

There's no doubt Cav went too early, largely due to his lead out disintegrating. He might have been completely gassed at the end but he still could've thrown his bike at the line.

But Cav wants to blame everyone but himself. He stopped and sat up. That's what gave it to Cancellara.

bjaelke

An old friend from Flèche Wallonne is on the menu today.

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Looks like Adam Hansen dislocated his shoulder in the crash yesterday. Hope he can keep his record up, he's going to keep going at least!

Adam Hansen on Twitter said:
AC dislocation. Same shoulder as 3 weeks ago. Was told its going to be the most painful 3 weeks 4 me. I eat pain for breakfast. Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom