• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "The Creator" - an original sci-fi film

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Directed, written, and co-produced by Gareth Edwards - the director of the Star Wars film Rogue One and Godzilla (2014).

A film about a future war between mankind and AI, and a man recruited to hunt down and kill the elusive "Creator".

Personally, I am glad to see an original big-budget sci-fi film back in theaters. Book adaptations and such are nice, but I miss these original blockbusters.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Denzel Washington Yes GIF by SAG Awards

Ive seen the whole movie now

Last edited:

Aggelos

Oh Gareth Edwards is back, after Godzilla 2014 and Rogue One.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
First half of that trailer was terrible, not gonna lie. But second half looked pretty dope.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, might give that one a shake.

First half got me thinking about this film though, but that doesnt seem to be the twist.

c671Jad.jpg

Trilobit

I often find myself liking a director's first film the most. Gareth Edwards' first film Monsters (2010) is my favorite from him.
Very happy to see him return to telling original stories. Looks sick.
Kill the damned bots.

I thought Monsters was impressive for its budget, but it was quite boring. I loved Rogue One though, amazingly fun and gripping. Best production of the Disney era.

The Creator trailer didn't give me any good vibes, seemed boring also. I think it'll be a good looking movie, but it won't be anything special storywise.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Personally, I am glad to see an original big-budget sci-fi film back in theaters. Book adaptations and such are nice, but I miss these original blockbusters.

There's nothing wrong with a book adaptation. Many of the greatest movies of all time were based on existing short stories and novels. The real problem is that Hollywood is deadly afraid of trying anything new that's not already an established property, We're seeing much more original story telling on TV than in the cinema.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Either Washington was bored out of his mind during filming, or he has the charisma of a wet blanket.

The latter of course. And why is this even a question?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why is this in Theaters but Dune isnt. Goddamnit

Looking forward to this as well but goddamnit
Movies like this need a good month alone in theaters for good word of mouth (if it earns it, of course) to generate buzz and let it succeed. Cramming films back to back weekends is good for theaters and guys going out every weekend but it really just hurts any film that can't come with positive press already, hence all the sequels we get nowadays.

jason10mm

Gold Member
"Humans are the bad guys...." oh fucking christ, THAT story AGAIN? I still wanna see it but robots imitating "the best parts" of humans whilst humans revel in their worst aspects in contrived scenarios is sooooo played out. I feel like we already being conditioned by Skynet to be "AI submissive" after DECADES of "AI=bad" programming :p

Top Bottom