• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation | Gameplay trailer

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLJ_O_0jpo

Platinum Games, the developer behind Transformers: Devastation, spent a lot of time trying to match each character’s personality with a complementary fighting style. Bumblebee, for example, attacks faster than any other Autobot, but he sacrifices a fair amount of power. And Wheeljack’s mechanical ingenuity translates into an attack pattern that centers on ranged weapons.

Along with their individual sense of style and timing, every character also has his own set of unique moves and mechanics. So, just because you’ve mastered Optimus Prime’s combos doesn’t mean that Grimlock will be a cakewalk. We wanted to give gamers a peek into this unique combat system, so we’ve put together a handful of highlight reels for each character. Check it out above.

Preorder bonus
Aside from the five playable Autobots, anyone who pre-orders Transformers: Devastation will get a trio of specialized character skins. So, if names like Nemesis Prime, Red Alert, and Goldfire make you giggle like an excited little kid, you may want to spend a little time on the PlayStation Store.

• The Dark Star Saber is a fiercely intimidating blade that radiates waves of dark energy with every swing.
  • The Photon Disruptor is an incredibly powerful, shotgun-style weapon that has a short range but deals huge amounts of area damage.
  • The twin Golden Hunter is a pair of blaster pistols that causes enemies to drop credits when attacked.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=636607301709795328&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

joe2187

Banned
I dont know or care about anything about transformers

I'll pre-order just because Platinum alone

and the gameplay looks crazy.

flattie

Shit. That looks so good. Just forced its way on to my radar!

So, is this a full on action adventure game like Bayonetta and MGR; or is it just an arena battle type affair?

Hoje0308

Banned
I dont know or care about anything about transformers

I'll pre-order just because Platinum alone

and the gameplay looks crazy.

I'm the opposite. Care fuck all about Platinum, but the Transformers were all my childhood self could think about for a time.

Peff

Shit. That looks so good. Just forced its way on to my radar!

So, is this a full on action adventure game like Bayonetta and MGR; or is it just an arena battle type affair?

By all accounts it's the closest thing to MGR2 we'll get. What they've shown of the levels (first chapter mostly) is a bit plain when it comes to level design but there are collectibles and other obstacles besides enemies.

Toki767

Man...that Grimlock! Looking good Platinum.

KnXGorb.gif

Nibel

I don't give a shit about Transformers, but fuck: this is the best looking game they are currently working on. Looks like megatrons of fun

Bor

Neo Member
man, amazon.de has ist for 60€ on ps4 and 20€ on pc, wtf. why is there such a huge price difference?

Gleethor

Can you freely transform in this game or is it part of attacks only? The art style and animation looks fantastic but the gameplay seems...very non-transformers and a little repetitive.

oddjobs

goddamn this looks good! really, really hope this does good enough that there might be room for sequels - there is a shitload of potential in the franchise afterall.

Tizoc

So is there a story or is this just a fighting game?

If you want actual TF story go read the comics.
This is the usual fare of Autobots battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.

Pre-orders don't sound all that as I don't know care for many of those 'bots mentioned :/

Now if this had Skids, that'd be a different story.

Damn, gameplay lookin' good. Have they mentioned how many playable characters are planned? Decepticons are playable too I'm assuming?

Wonder if exclusive, and only available through digital? I rather have physical copy.

Hopefully we don't go getting more exclusive skins for every platform garbage.

Shang

Don't get me wrong, this looks fucking AWESOME, but I'm worried that this is all there is to it. Fighting is fun (especially when Platinum does it), but that and nothing else gets old fast.

Top Bottom