• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation | Gameplay trailer

I don't get the "is that all there is to it" comments. It looks to have great combat, which is Platinum's bread and butter. They're at their best when they focus on great action gameplay, instead of shoehorning in gameplay diversions.

Bishop89

Omg I am shocked at how good this looks. After korra I was expecting a dull experience, but this looks absolutely fantastic. Definitely getting this, game looks so cartoon like :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
But it's a G1 game!...how about more G1 related DLC that actually fits with the theme of the game? ;)

(We've never gotten a decent G1 game dammit. I've never watched Beast Wars to be honest, so I have no nostalgia for it)

We've never gotten a decent Beast Wars game, either, to be fair.

Toxi

Banned
Nemesis Prime recolors are always sexy.
But it's a G1 game!...how about more G1 related DLC that actually fits with the theme of the game? ;)

(We've never gotten a decent G1 game dammit. I've never watched Beast Wars to be honest, so I have no nostalgia for it)
While I agree G1-related DLC fits a lot better than Beast Wars DLC (For one, most of the Beast Wars characters are tiny compared to G1 characters), you really need to watch Beast Wars. There's a reason people love it.

Nemesis Prime recolors are always sexy.

While I agree G1-related DLC fits a lot better than Beast Wars DLC (For one, most of the Beast Wars characters are tiny compared to G1 characters), you really need to watch Beast Wars. There's a reason people love it.

I watched it, but never enjoyed it. The awful cgi was too much. I'd be open to a more modern adaptation, tho.

More G1 skins if possible please. I will buy any and all DLC... God damnit.

Playing as Decepticons in a wave-based survival Bloody Palace mode would be fine. I could definitely live with that.

weekev

Banned
This game looks fricking incredible. I know folks are saying the prices are placeholders but there is a worrying consistency to the pricing structure. Everywhere seems to have pc version under £20 with ps4/x1 at £45ish. What gives?

J-Tier

Oh, I assumed this was a fighter. I was looking forward to playing as Megatron and Starscream.

I'll wait for reviews.

Fuuuck I didn't know the game was exclusive, that sucks : / guess I won't be playing it any time soon. Game looks absolutely incredible though, based Platinum and what not.

Edit: I realize this was the trailer from playstations YouTube page, hence no Xbox logos at the end, my bad everyone.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really like how it looks, but all the trailers and gameplay videos made it look extremely monotonous. I hope the full game isn't like that.

I still own the original toy for Sideswipe. I'm pretty sure I made him do all those moves in my bedroom as a kid. This game's gunna make me happy.

Blues1990

I'm more familiar with the TFA & TFP adaptations, but the game looks awesome (if a bit slightly goofy). Is it worth checking out the G1 cartoon series, or am I fine with already watching Animated & Prime?

Can I be honest here? This looks like an HD remastered PS2 game BUT WITH THAT SAID, it does look like something I will enjoy quite a bit. I wish they had Vince DiCola (Transformers the Movie) doing the music.

Will this game be retail full $60 or $20 PSN download only? It's hard to tell which way they're going with this.

G1 is the best one.

Can I be honest here? This looks like an HD remastered PS2 game BUT WITH THAT SAID, it does look like something I will enjoy quite a bit. I wish they had Vince DiCola (Transformers the Movie) doing the music.

Will this game be retail full $60 or $20 PSN download only? It's hard to tell which way they're going with this.

G1 is the best one.

$50 retail and digital, I'm pretty sure.

wondermega

My dream lineup for a game like this (because, it begs for it)

TF G1 was all about characters. Hearing these guys talking/reacting during battle is all you would need really.

BTW a few of these actors are no longer with us sadly, that's why this is a dream list :(

Optimus
Ironhide
Jazz
Ratchet
Perceptor or Blaster
Cliffjumper (Casey Kasem!!!)
Prowl

Starscream
Megs
Devastator
Soundwave & Rumble
Reflector ('cause he is a goddamned camera)
Combaticons
Blitzwing (tank/plane/robot would just be too cool) or Astrotrain
Shockwave (Pussy cartoon version, or badass comic version)
End Boss Unicron! How the hell would they manage that I wonder..?

derExperte

Edit: I realize this was the trailer from playstations YouTube page, hence no Xbox logos at the end, my bad everyone.

Not your fault, people really should start pointing that out directly in the OPs instead of just quoting the PS Blog and confusing others. Happens over and over again.

This game looks fricking incredible. I know folks are saying the prices are placeholders but there is a worrying consistency to the pricing structure. Everywhere seems to have pc version under £20 with ps4/x1 at £45ish. What gives?

My guess is that they know these kind of games won't sell much on PC and are trying to move a few units via the price (could work with me depending on reviews). But the jump to almost full price on consoles seems a little excessive.

Those alt skins though.

1npX0.gif

sploosh!

seriously looking cool alright.

But I want to play as Megatron... Soundwave too! It would be great ejecting out Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy etc as buddies!

This looks Amazing but dissappointed that it seems you can't play as the Decepticons...

Nemesis Prime and his weapon are a roundabout homage to Transformers Armada.

see, the Dark Star Saber is an evil version of the Star Saber from Transformers Prime, but those shows didn't originate those weapons. They're from Armada, with the "Dark Saber" being a corrupted version of the Star Saber.

And who wielded said weapon on said show?

A43_vorpalsaber.jpg

dun dun duuuun

Top Bottom