• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation | Gameplay trailer

The End

Activision

I know you don't have principles

I'm begging you, from the bottom of my heart, do as much DLC for this game as you possibly can.

I Will buy EVERY. SINGLE. PIECE.

BouncyFrag

Man...that Grimlock! Looking good Platinum.

KnXGorb.gif
Love the stomping he does at the end when he has clearly already won.
sogewwwd.gif

I think the one thing that's guaranteed aboout this game is that the final boss will be awesome
And have an incredible theme.

Jashobeam

This is seriously a dream come true type of game for many people, a badass G1 action game, now make an open world 1980s TMNT game and my life would be complete.

Fruitster

An easy day one buy, looks like huge fun. I've wanted a transformers game that really does justice to the G1 series since forever. Having Prime and Megatron with the original voice actors made my inner kid so happy.

Grimlock looks so much better than the rest that it's not even funny =X

I don't really watch Transformers, but it's a day one for me.

I only wish they'd show more stages...

NEO0MJ

Looks awesome. Hope they offer a CE for this game. Hasbro might actually help them provide something worthwhile.

bumpkin

Don't get me wrong, this looks fucking AWESOME, but I'm worried that this is all there is to it. Fighting is fun (especially when Platinum does it), but that and nothing else gets old fast.
Agreed. I'm sure it'll be a monotonous slog by the end, but what a ride it'll be!

SRTtoZ

Looks good but my one complaint would be there doesn't seem to be much going on around you. You're fighting 1 or 2 enemies in an arena sized area (city) and everything else is quite empty.

Looking good.
Might be the first PlatinumGame I pick up since MadWorld.

I've read a lot of crazy things this week, as one tends to do if one reads the internet, but this might be one of the craziest.

Like unless you were LTTP on Madworld and happened to already play Platinum's truly great games, wut r u doing.

Memory

Hoping Amazon also have the pre-order bonus as i've had it pre-ordered for ages now, otherwise i'll switch to digital. So hyped for this game, i'm hoping we get a deception focused sequel/spin-off.

Aske

This is what I expected since the announcement. So pumped. This needs to do well so I eventually get to play as Galvatron in a game based on season 3 of the show.

Mohonky

Eh, all the Transformers look great but everything outside of that looks really bad.

The specials by turning in the vehicles just looks really odd. The whole thing just seems weird and off for me as much as I would love this game to kick ass it just seems kind of bare bones and the whole Transforming thing seems shoehorned in there.

I'm a huge fan of Platinum games, not a big fan of Transformers though. I like the art style, combat and music, but I have some concerns:

1. Will every character have enough moves and techniques to keep the combat fun? Or did Platinum put five characters with very limited moves to make it look varied?

2. The length of the game, because every trailer has mostly the same environments.

3. Remixed enemies in harder difficulties?

NEO0MJ

I'm a huge fan of Platinum games, not a big fan of Transformers though. I like the art style, combat and music, but I have some concerns:

1- Probably, Yes.

2- This game like Metal Gear was rushed so we'll probably only have limited environments.

3- Did this ever not happen? The biggest question will probably be how much thought was put into it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They have got to stop showing that 'town center' fight area so much. It has me really worried about how much variety there is.

Teknoman

Eh, all the Transformers look great but everything outside of that looks really bad.

The specials by turning in the vehicles just looks really odd. The whole thing just seems weird and off for me as much as I would love this game to kick ass it just seems kind of bare bones and the whole Transforming thing seems shoehorned in there.

Think of it as the way Japanese made western licensed property games were back in the day. Batman, Ducktales, etc. Take the property, and then go nuts with the gameplay while still remaining somewhat faithful to the art style.

TreIII

This is seriously a dream come true type of game for many people, a badass G1 action game, now make an open world Mirage or IDW TMNT game and my life would be complete.

Fixed to make it better my personal desires.

But at this point, I'd take just about any form of the TMNT in a game, so long as said game was actually something of quality and not the shovelware we've had to make do for like the last several years.

Seriously, Activision. You're in control of a property that was used to make a lot of great games back in the day...

Looks so awesome. The artstyle is incredible. I love it when Platinum can flex their art muscles and put out something that looks great despite being not as high budget as other stuff. Still laughing at how negative everyone was when the game was first revealed.

Tizoc

For reference
^Nemesis Prime
Generally Evil Optimus Prime, not to be confused with Nova Prime :V

^Red Alert
This is likely an alt. skin for Sideswipe

Goldfire is interesting, based on the Wiki it's Goldbug-
csgoldbug.jpg

He was from the last few episodes of the 80s cartoon, wherein Bumblebee got a new body and thus a new name.
Eventually Goldbug ended up being made into a separate character, though it's odd they mention Goldfire when I've rarely ever seen the name pop up in TF discussions :V

Top Bottom