• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Nov 30 is the day!

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/17/iro...november-30-with-extra-goodies-for-your-wait/
Iron Brigade hits Europe November 30 with extra goodies for the wait

Double Fine has announced that Trenched, now known worldwide as Iron Brigade, will be released in Europe on November 30 for XBLA. In addition to the European release, on the same day, players who have already purchased the mech shooting and tower defense title under the Trenched name, will be updated automatically to Iron Brigade complete with new content and enhancements free of charge. The additional goodies to the game include a challenging infinite Survival Mode and ten new pieces of high-powered loot, along with a new leaderboard.

Still waiting for the PC version. The ESRB mentioned a PC version and it's in the Steam registry, so it's definately happening.

Holy shit really? I honestly clicked on this thread with the slim slim slim hope that someone would maybe mention this or a PSN release.

Xbox died a while ago(for the 4th time) and I am not jumping to replace it but this game alone is almost enough.

Mechs <3

Hope it does end up hitting Steam. They put out Psychonauts not that long ago so it shows they are at least interested.

desertdroog

I intend to play this game again with my Euro-GAF brethren so that they may also enjoy this game as if on launch day for the entire community.

And to bask in the glory of their awe of my overpowered Trench....can we still say Trench on Live or will we be banned for rights infringement?

Raide

Typical. I wait years and years for this to finally come out in Europe and I am miles away from my PAL 360 and Europe. :D

Gowans

Really been loving this.

The multi has a old school style awesome community, been chatting away loads in survival in the hunt for loot!

I've given Survival Mode a few tries since it came out and I'm liking it. I hope to team up with a friend and tackle it in co-op eventually. Can't wait for the Rise of the Martian Bear DLC.

Loaded up Trenched today to upgrade to Iron Brigade and followed the instructions easy as they were.

Finished the downlaod and it tells me it requires an update that cannot be found!

Deleted Trenched and am redownloading. Hopefully that works. Anyone else have this issue? I'm in Canada by the way.

Edit: that worked! Time to kill some tubes for new loot!

How are you guys faring in Survival Mode? Any tips? I've made it to Wave 17 by myself. Using a flak machine gun on one side, sniper rifle on the other. What is working for you guys?

derFeef

Finally bought this, better late then never, and I am loving it so far. Just arrived in Africa, but I already feel I need some mates to play this with.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Can't wait for the dlc! I was taking a look at my play time and somehow I managed to put over 30 hours into this game o_O

derFeef

I played some IR today with DaFeef and came to the conclusion that I will never get a lagfree game going. Ever.

I am not sure if it wasn't my fault. I have a wireless connection and switched to wired... and then it was even worse.

You are located in Europe, right?
also.. I wish I could get my old gamertag (derFeef) back :(

TheOddOne

I am not sure if it wasn't my fault. I have a wireless connection and switched to wired... and then it was even worse.

You are located in Europe, right?
also.. I wish I could get my old gamertag (derFeef) back :(
Yeah, but every game I've tried with friends have also been lag filled :(

Jhoan

I'd be willing to join you folks if you don't mind playing with U.S. players. I'm in NY, so it's about 5-6 hours ahead for you Euro folks unless any U.S. players are down to play. It sucks that the game still has connection issues. I'm not at home at the moment but any one's free to add or send me an invite at GT: Johan El Fuerte.

derFeef

So it's the game then. Bummer.
Hopefully the title update fixes that stuff because at one point the game just dropped our connection.

Zomba13

This is out on the UK market place right? I should seriously get this. Wanted it when it was Trenched then sort of lost interest when it was delayed because of that stupid ass reason.
Saw the DLC Quick Look on Giant Bomb and double handed salutes blew my mind.

Mupod

Martian Bear is pretty much what I wanted so far. Tried playing with 3 randoms and they just disconnected on me, but I had no problems duoing with my friend for the last few hours.

The one thing the original lacked was any kind of real challenge or a survival mode so I'm glad to see it has both now. Granted, I'm still stuck with my fighting wolverine sniper cannon and some mediocre turrets, but I'm looking forward to going through the new content with my friend.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Man, this dlc is no joke. They upped the hit points of all the enemies and it feels like scrap is somewhat difficult to come by because it feels like they reduced the number of them that arrive during waves.

It's actually changed how I play the game. Whereas before I would have a batch of 2 or 3 flak turrets in an area, I've now had to rely on one fully upgraded turret and I have to make sure that it's in a good position. I'm also using the machine gun emplacement more, mainly because the most powerful one I've unlocked so far has a shredding bonus. Still sucks because even fully upgraded they only do like 6.6 damage against these bullet sponges.

I have no idea how anyone could use a small mech in this dlc with any sort of effectiveness. Mind you, these are my impressions playing single player. I'm hoping to get into some multiplayer tonight.

TRios Zen

Dang, I totally forgot this was coming - thanks to all for reminding me. Put this in my queue now; I played the hell out of this game when it was released.

This update should fix everything with the game though right? Rather, I tried playing last week and it told me something like "this game requires an update that is not available on live" or something like that.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Does that affect the main game as well?

Nope. Even the Hospital survival has the old version of the mobs.

Dang, I totally forgot this was coming - thanks to all for reminding me. Put this in my queue now; I played the hell out of this game when it was released.

This update should fix everything with the game though right? Rather, I tried playing last week and it told me something like "this game requires an update that is not available on live" or something like that.
Are you running Trenched or Iron Brigade? You have to delete Trenched and re-download the whole thing.

Teknoman

Nope. Even the Hospital survival has the old version of the mobs.

Are you running Trenched or Iron Brigade? You have to delete Trenched and re-download the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just noticed the bear advert myself. Time to get the GAF squad back together again?

JonCha

Is there a GAF Gamertag for this? On the verge of picking this up, but seems like a game that would be great with others (unless the community is still pretty active which, if it is, then I'll buy it).

Gowans

Is there a GAF Gamertag for this? On the verge of picking this up, but seems like a game that would be great with others (unless the community is still pretty active which, if it is, then I'll buy it).

That would be a good idea,

I'm up for games any time, especially grinding survival.

Mupod

I have no idea how anyone could use a small mech in this dlc with any sort of effectiveness. Mind you, these are my impressions playing single player. I'm hoping to get into some multiplayer tonight.

I use an engineering chassis almost exclusively, although I usually play with one other person.

I stick to the one with two right side slots and just snipe all day while deployed with fortify/quickload legs. I can actually put out a pretty reasonable amount of damage even with just the one sniper cannon - I've taken a liking to Albert (pierce sniper) lately.

As for emplacements I'm still trying to settle on a loadout, but recently I've discovered how effective sniper turrets can be. I brought the one that is basically the same as Albert but in turret form to Swamp survival and it was amazingly effective once I got a few up. Made it to wave 53 in a 2-man group.

Not sure how I'm gonna approach Settlement survival though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I use an engineering chassis almost exclusively, although I usually play with one other person.

I stick to the one with two right side slots and just snipe all day while deployed with fortify/quickload legs. I can actually put out a pretty reasonable amount of damage even with just the one sniper cannon - I've taken a liking to Albert (pierce sniper) lately.

As for emplacements I'm still trying to settle on a loadout, but recently I've discovered how effective sniper turrets can be. I brought the one that is basically the same as Albert but in turret form to Swamp survival and it was amazingly effective once I got a few up. Made it to wave 53 in a 2-man group.

Not sure how I'm gonna approach Settlement survival though.

Hmmm, good points. However, I honestly feel that engineering mechs were not considered for single player in this dlc. I would love to have a team where the engineering mech would collect all the scrap and upgrade all the weapons. Let me go with my 6 weapons of doom.

I managed to get to level 22 by myself on the swamp, but holy crap does it get insane after level 15!

Edit: So who's up for some survival?

Top Bottom