• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

MGrant

I love Double Fine, but the titles to their last two XBLA releases have been really lackluster ("Stacking?" Come on.). Maybe this will inspire them to think of some more compelling names.

Jintor

MGrant said:
I love Double Fine, but the titles to their last two XBLA releases have been really lackluster ("Stacking?" Come on.). Maybe this will inspire them to think of some more compelling names.

I think Trenched is a great name! Just... not in Europe.

Raide

The Trenched.

Just release it in all territories that the copyright does not extend to. If this drags out for months while they arrange stuff, it will really suck.

Feindflug

TheOddOne said:

Seriously that sucks - hopefully we'll get the game soon with just a different name.

This along with the total absence of SFIV Arcade Edition DLC in the Greek Live marketplace (while in the same time it's up on PSN) just sucks...shows how much MS cares for Europe.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
New EU name ideas:

"Salutes of shooty - not so modern warfare"

"Mechwarrior 1918-ish"

"The video game that is not called Trenched or Trench but just happens to features lots of trenches with a WW1 flavour, are you happy now?"

That last one is pretty catchy.

Son of a gun!

At this point I think they should delay it, rename it, and make some EU specific missions (free dlc for rest of the world) and release it in 3-4 months.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks like I will finally be caving and buying it on the US Marketplace tonight :)

Feindflug said:
just sucks...shows how much MS cares for Europe.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft..

Label said:
This has nothing to do with Microsoft..
Eh, Microsoft are publishing it and own the ip, so they must have approved the name.
Both dev & pub are responsible for not checking this in advance properly.

Keasar

Jintor said:
khan.jpg

hoos30

May I suggest the name, "Giant Mechs Blowing Shit Up for Analog Salutes"?

I'll even give Giant Bomb a cut of my royalties!

MSG and DF are fucked; is there enough profit in a downloadable game to pay this guy off?

Numpt3

So I created a US account to download this, when I play it on my euro account it keeps disconnecting me from xbl. I take it that's because it's being played on a euro account? :/

Jintor

I thought I saw that it was released in Europe, but alas, it was merely someone saying they had 'gotten gold in Europe'... the campaign missions, that is.

Sigh. Poor europeans.

daw840

Damn, I have golded everything except the Volcano. The last swarm of aerials always takes it down to just below 80%, any suggestions?

JesseZao

daw840 said:
Damn, I have golded everything except the Volcano. The last swarm of aerials always takes it down to just below 80%, any suggestions?

Having the same problem myself. Thinking I may have to wait for a full group of buddies to take it down.

Got to play this for the first time yesterday, played through at least 10 missions, some multiple times since its gold or bust, and I must say.... this game is damn good.

My buddy was playing an engineer build and I was playing an assault build, both of us got to level 8 before we quit. Very addicting, very well done, and very very fun to play. Cant wait to dig into it some more.

glaurung

Sadly enough the delay in Europe has now killed whatever hope I had to play this.

Won't be paying full price now even if it gets released within the next month or so.

50% discount or no sale.

see5harp

I truly find this game awesome when you start getting the higher powered weapons. When you've got the top Broadcaster (AMAZING) and a sniper you can truly dominate maps. Sometimes I'll rock just the Broadcaster and mines and can almost get through every level this way. If you have 2 or 3, most enemies never even make it out of their spawn area. Lag seems to be a little better now.

I'm european and is there someway that I can get this game without getting a PayPal account and wait 3 days?

Maybe like someone here on NeoGAF from the US logs into my US account and buys the game for me and then I'll send you money? Hehehe.

bathala

Banned
so I switch to G4 and it was attack of the show. Morgan gave a review of Trenched. 5/5 ok cool.

"its called Trenched. I don't even know why its called Trenched." *switched channel*

garath

What an awesome game. It's worth noting that this is the game that got me to plug in my 360 for the first time in 2 years. My PS3 was supporting any console gaming I wanted to do but since Trenched is published by Microsoft I had to do it.

So much fun though. I love the loot aspect of the game and the mechs handle very well. Just the right balance of clunkiness and arcade feel.

My only regret is that I'm not willing to plunk down $50 for a gold membership so I'm likely to miss out on any co-op. If it had split screen it would be fantastic.

Just got past the second boss. He actually gave me some trouble. Had to stick and move a lot more than I did with the first boss. Not so easy with the assault mech.

I hope the game keeps going. I have no idea how long it is but I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

chixdiggit

Just played through the demo and I got to say I was not impressed at all. I like Double Fine and all but this seems pretty lackluster for $15. Monday Night Combat, and Sanctum seem to be leagues better than this and they were $12 cheaper on Steam just a couple days ago.

Am I missing what all the hype is about? Is the full game not representative of the demo?

chixdiggit said:
Am I missing what all the hype is about? Is the full game not representative of the demo?

The main draw is similar to that of an RPG. Completing missions, getting loot, customizing your mech, upgrading this, upgrading that, etc. Co-op was also a big plus for me. I'd definitely put Trenched in my Top 10 XBLA games.

JesseZao

I hope Double Fine sits on this game for a while and churns out DLC. More missions/modes and more loot/levels are neeeeded. If they could figure out a way to do team battles similar to Comet Crash or MNC by having you spend scrap to send tubes to the other team's base I would play the game for many months.

garath

chixdiggit said:
Just played through the demo and I got to say I was not impressed at all. I like Double Fine and all but this seems pretty lackluster for $15. Monday Night Combat, and Sanctum seem to be leagues better than this and they were $12 cheaper on Steam just a couple days ago.

What didn't you like about it? It's mechs dropping towers and shooting things. It also has loot and customization of said mechs.

I will say the demo only introduces you to a small section of the types of towers and guns but I guess if you don't like it, you don't like it.

I like Sanctum but it doesn't really compare to Trenched. Sanctum is just playing wave after wave on the same map. You build your own map. There's no loot or levels or character configuration. /shrug.

Just waned to pop in and let you guys know that this game is in my top 5 best XBLA games ever!

Day 1 with any DLC!

Edit: played the entire game with a buddy, we are working on gold medals and challenges now.

Keasar

Goddamnit, not a single news the last week about any European release yet? That paypal thing is starting to become enticing.

JetBlackPanda said:
Day 1 with any DLC!

Yeah I recently bought Stacking and I noticed that Double Fine put out DLC for that. And I think Trenched sold better so I'm hoping we do indeed see some DLC. Need me some more customizable, loot collecting mech love.

LiK

Keasar said:
Goddamnit, not a single news the last week about any European release yet? That paypal thing is starting to become enticing.
The only news last week was Doublefine said it will come. That's about it. They're probably making new art for the different title of the game.

garath

Too short :( I know it's just a downloadable game but I'd pay $50 for more. Some more modes too? A survival mode would be awesome.

Top Bottom