• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Still wondering what the hell went wrong on the distribution front. I want to play this game.

TxdoHawk

I gold-ed all the bosses solo with an Assault mech and six of the purple, high-damage machine guns, think they're called the Scythe or something like that. Might have an easier time with that than the sniper rifles, affords a little more flexibility on when you can start/stop firing. Even with that though, I only had like four seconds to spare on Vlad.

alphaNoid

Banned
Was out of town all weekend but cannot wait to jump back into this game with a buddy tonight. I want to freaking Gold every level, gimme dat achievements!

Gowans

Nils said:
Still wondering what the hell went wrong on the distribution front. I want to play this game.
Rlan said in the XBLA thread a patch has just gone up for it so my hopes are up.

Wonder what it changed.

Jintor

tjohn86 said:
The orange spots right when he is going to shoot.

Cheers.

The credits for this game are awesome, more credits should be like them. Such a simple way of turning boring list of names into something interesting and making you care about the dudes who made them. Of course it helps I saw half of them on the Bombcast earlier today

TxdoHawk

Gowans007 said:
Wonder what it changed.

Hopefully some multiplayer lobby fixes, that is easily the worst part of the game as far as bugs. I've seen all sorts of bizarre instances of people dropping out but not being removed from the ship, or where I'm still in the lobby but not showing up on the list of players. (That said, the lobby is pretty awesome, so I can forgive this to an extent.)

Just had a major facepalm moment. I did not realize I could use more than one of the same gun, so I've been going through the game with six slots but using one great MG and two not so great guns on that side. As soon as I saw someone suggest using three of the same gun I realized I completely misunderstood the point of the shop. I thought it was just to buy guns you didn't have yet.

If I can use three purples maybe I can finally beat Volcano - I keep eating it on the last wave.

I'm also going to try using flak turrets and dampeners as a couple people suggested - haven't tried that yet.

Also, did I miss something (else) or is there a way to immediately replay a mission you failed without going back to the map, then back to your mech? That plus unskippable shit makes failing missions that much more frustrating. Minor gripe with an amazing game though.

derFeef

Well, Doublefine, give this game to the Europeans, or speak up. The silence is not really reassuring.

edit: horrible typo there.

TxdoHawk said:
I gold-ed all the bosses solo with an Assault mech and six of the purple, high-damage machine guns, think they're called the Scythe or something like that. Might have an easier time with that than the sniper rifles, affords a little more flexibility on when you can start/stop firing. Even with that though, I only had like four seconds to spare on Vlad.

Hmm. Might try this out later on Vlad.

tjohn86

TxdoHawk said:
Hopefully some multiplayer lobby fixes, that is easily the worst part of the game as far as bugs. I've seen all sorts of bizarre instances of people dropping out but not being removed from the ship, or where I'm still in the lobby but not showing up on the list of players. (That said, the lobby is pretty awesome, so I can forgive this to an extent.)

I encountered a bug where I was booted from the ship with some random authentication error, and when I restarted my game I was wearing another pilots clothes. Clothes I hadn't even unlocked yet.

Haha.

I had a bug where I was trying to outfit my Trench but the screen kept switching back and forth to the SHOP so I was accidently buying things.

Edit: This was online btw, no bugs encountered otherwise.

bigf00t

I'm loving this game, but I think I've almost finished the main campaign. Can't wait to see if they release new map DLC, as I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. Especially if it was weirder challenge levels or a survival mode. That kind of stuff was the best part of Defense Grid: Awakening.

Also, if anyone wants to play some multiplayer, my gamertag is bigf00t61. None of my friends have picked this up yet, and I'm really interested in how it plays with 2+.

Keasar

Phonomezer said:
Time to use a foreign account?

I have my american account, the one I used to lick into the golden pot of honey and taste heaven, and now I'm considering using it to drink the damn thing.

Gowans

I'm waiting, it surely can't be long. That patch was super quick it must have something to do with it.

I'd atleast wait till wed, if it's not out surely they have got to say what's going on.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So does anyone know if there's a massive flak turret or a named equivalent? I've completed around 80 matches and haven't seen one drop.

KaYotiX

Banned
only need gold on the final 2 missions, both are crazy lol. The game NEEDS a survival mode :)

played with 2 buds and did every mission lastnight, so fun!!

LiK

Update from Tim Schafer on Twitter. Not good...
@TimOfLegend: Update on Trenched in Europe: I have no update on Trenched in Europe. :( Sorry, Marines. We're waiting for news just like you!

LiK said:
Update from Tim Schafer on Twitter. Not good...

Sounds like it's a holdup on Microsoft's end then. Hang in there. The game's definitely worth the wait.

So does anyone know if there's a massive flak turret or a named equivalent? I've completed around 80 matches and haven't seen one drop.

I've played quite a bit and I don't have it either. It's either rare or maybe it doesn't exist.

The game NEEDS a survival mode :)

It definitely needs something like Horde Mode. It seems like it would be wicked easy to implement DLC for this game. Either in the form of something like Survival Mode, or new maps altogether since really you just have to design one environment and an enemy spawn pattern. You could also raise the level cap and implement new loot relatively easily I imagine. The options are endless.

Definitely one of my favorite XBLA releases to date.

equil

Finally got my last achievement. Took so long to get "Razputin". Had to grind for a while to get the last emplacement kills and scrap collection.

moai

so what did the patch fix? the lag has been fixed for me, but it might be only luck as being paired with good connection players.

equil said:
Finally got my last achievement. Took so long to get "Razputin". Had to grind for a while to get the last emplacement kills and scrap collection.

I didn't think the emplacement kills were that bad. I played Oasis and put 2 sets of 3 machine guns lined up in front of the base, with two mine emplacements on the far left and right paths. You get 300+ emplacement kills for 14-15 minutes because each Knob counts as a kill.

Since I already had been playing, I had a decent amount of emplacement kills already. Only needed to do 4 or 5 runs to finish that part up.

I'm with you on the 25,000 scrap though, lol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
tjohn86 said:
Is the Scythe the highest level machine gun?

I am also curious about the Massive Flak turret.
I tweeted Brad and here's his response:
@RiccochetJ there are only 3 levels of flak cannon. I don't know why! I think it was just an oversight. :D
He's mrmooear on twitter.

No biggie. Just want more loot to hunt! Hopefully there's more than one DLC!

Edit: And I do believe the Scythe is the most powerful machine gun. Depending on what you're trying to do. Kill fast? Yes. But those machine guns that drop more shards are handy if you're an engineering trench.

Still need to get my Psychonauts suit but I have a long way to go. I've got gold on every mission. I really wish there was more content to keep me going. Straight up farming for emplacement kills and scrap gets kind of boring. As much as I like the game, it's true.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ToyMachine228 said:
Still need to get my Psychonauts suit but I have a long way to go. I've got gold on every mission. I really wish there was more content to keep me going. Straight up farming for emplacement kills and scrap gets kind of boring. As much as I like the game, it's true.
Odd, I haven't done any farming whatsoever. Just happened naturally for me. I suppose it's just how I play and the mechs I chose.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
icespide said:
is this still worth playing if you don't play co-op?
I would say so. I went through solo the first go round and had a blast. You have to think differently between coop and single player. Definitely follow their recommendations at first until you completely understand the mechanics however.

icespide said:
is this still worth playing if you don't play co-op?

I'd say so. I've spent about half my time playing solo and enjoyed it just as much as co-op.

A good chunk of my time in co-op was spent running around like an idiot on the ship saluting one another anyway, lol.

derFeef

Weird.
Trenched can be found again in the German marketplace (only the trailer), but not Austria and a few others I tried.

Gowans

Maybe it will come in the 10-11am marketplace update then, fingers crossed, its been 6days not.

MS need to get better at communication on stuff like this that effect outside US.

Taoofberg

I like using the smaller trenches, but I definitely have more success in with the larger sizes, since I never seem to grab enough scrap to make use of the more expensive turrets. But throwing out those dampeners on the cheap so fun. Definitely my favorite non-local multiplayer XBLA game, even with randoms.

Bru

Gowans007 said:
Yeah in at work, is it up with the other XBLA stuff? If not have they released an update?

Just searched through the Arcade section of Xbox Live. Still no sign :-(

Gowans

Bru said:
Just searched through the Arcade section of Xbox Live. Still no sign :-(
Yeah its been spoke about in the XBLA thread. The US XBLA team, EU team need to wake ownership and communicate to the customers.

Such a bad job so far

Gowans007 said:
Yeah its been spoke about in the XBLA thread. The US XBLA team, EU team need to wake ownership and communicate to the customers.

Such a bad job so far
they won't apologize or explain what happened, they'll just make it out like we're 'oh so lucky' to be able to play the game at last. pssh.
anyway, i bought it last week via american-account-paypal-wizardry, which was a pain but ah well. i hope someone at microsoft receives one less ferrero roche for each missed regional sale this christmas.

Bru

The last minute delay was bad, the lack of a credible explanation disgusting.

Microsoft need to get their act together and let us know what the hell is going on.

I have the day off from work today. Going to try to farm as much scrap as I can for the Psychonauts suit which is the last achievement I need.

I've given up on this. If they ever bother releasing it over here, I'll pick it up when it hits 600msp or lower, not a moment sooner.

Such a shame. :(

Keasar

I will buy it when it releases here, I just hope now for a free "We are sorry"-gift to go along with it.

PVP DLC will be nice, thank you.

It is a shame what's going on in Europe. This is one of the best buys on XBLA in my opinion. Double Fine did a great job. I really hope they support it with some DLC. I know it's annoying but when it does hit in Europe, I highly recommend buying it.

Teknoman

RiccochetJ said:
I tweeted Brad and here's his response:

He's mrmooear on twitter.

No biggie. Just want more loot to hunt! Hopefully there's more than one DLC!

Edit: And I do believe the Scythe is the most powerful machine gun. Depending on what you're trying to do. Kill fast? Yes. But those machine guns that drop more shards are handy if you're an engineering trench.

Hmm...guess I need to invest in those. I really like helping out with emplacements.

Top Bottom