• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trigger Happy Havoc Dangan Ronpa: Early 2014 for US and Europe

chrono01

Basically, if you want to see the sequel, purchase the first when it's released on Vita!

I'm sure if sales are at least decent that they'll give sincere consideration to localizing the second. Please support it, even if you're currently playing through the fan translation. :)

Didn't stop Nintendo/Level 5 from selling Inazuma Eleven 3 3DS as a single game in Europe.
Yeah, I was naïve to think that the same would apply here. :(

kewlmyc

Dear NISA, we know you love limited editions. I'll pay through the nose for a Monobear plushie. Just saying.

1371240349040_zps676d0db5.gif

Arent there multiple endings or something? cant imagine the anime doing all of that.
Only one alternate ending that only last for about a minute.

Torraz

Basically, if you want to see the sequel, purchase the first when it's released on Vita!

I'm sure if sales are at least decent that they'll give sincere consideration to localizing the second. Please support it, even if you're currently playing through the fan translation. :)

Sir yes sir.

For some reason I keep thinking Atlus/Index had some kind of hand in publishing DR in Japan and thus owned a part of the franchise. Derp!

(No seriously wasn't Atlus/Index involved in some way? I distinctly remember that they have some kind of stake in the IP.)

I wonder what made NISA decide to do this considering that they typically don't touch VNs. I hope it doesn't become their Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time in that they give into years of fan demand and then it ends up selling six copies :x

They've done a VN or two before, and AFAIK Disgaea Infinite didn't do terribly. More to the point they stay tuned in to The Intertubes and they probably wager that all the tumblr action the game gets should translate into at least some sales. Never mind how well the VN stuff Aksys has done recently has gone.

Wait, we're only getting the first game? Boooooo.

Both games at once would be an absurd translation project. They have to do them one at a time to make the releases remotely timely and profitable.

GamerJM

Banned
So is Gamescom the most likely place for an announcement of a Vita pricedrop? Is there anywhere else where it's likely to happen?

I'm deciding between getting a Japanese 3DS or a Vita first, I'll probably get both fairly soon but I'm having trouble deciding which to get first. I'm still not 100% sold on a Japanese 3DS either since Nintendo could always announce a new model sometime around the corner and any of the games I plan on importing could always get localized at some point (there's like three I'm fairly certain won't get localized unless someone pulls a Project Diva f, and then a slew of others that have fairly okay chances but aren't guarantees).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So just 1 game, eh? I guess translating 2 for the price of 1 seemed a bit too good to be true.

So how good an up-port is this game? Is it just "PSP game in higher resolution"? Or did they actually improve textures, character artwork, fix any of the gameplay, etc?

kewlmyc

Oh well, still excited. The Vita port has new modes in it.

So just 1 game, eh? I guess translating 2 for the price of 1 seemed a bit too good to be true.

So how good an up-port is this game? Is it just "PSP game in higher resolution"? Or did they actually improve textures, character artwork, fix any of the gameplay, etc?

Comes with an extra mode where you can just hang out with the students without worrying about murders.

Clov

Aw, only the first game? That puts a bit of a damper on my excitement, but it's great that we're getting that.

Now, to make sure that we get the second one, we'll all just have to buy this one. Don't let this game become another Sakura Wars!

wrowa

Didn't stop Nintendo/Level 5 from selling Inazuma Eleven 3 3DS as a single game.

Yep. In this case I can absolutely understand why NISA would split up both games too. VN's are a ton of work to localize and effectively translating two of these games for a single release would be unreasonably expensive.

It's a little tragic, though, considering that the fan-translation of the PSP original just got released and seems to be of very good quality to boot. Might have been a good idea to work together with the fan group; this way the fan translation might be a threat to the Vita version's sales.

I bought the PSP game for the fan-trans and so far I definitely don't like it enough to double dip. But, who knows, maybe that will still change, I'm still very much at the beginning.

Holmes

If I need to buy Time and Eternity just to support NISA so that they can bring over the second one, then I will gladly do it.

No idea. The game's not out until Oct, and while the screenshots look nice I can't really say whether they've redone anything.

There's a new gameplay mode in the 1st game that lets you do more s.link-type stuff with the characters, and I read that the trial sections were reworked and might use the Vita's touch panel. Since this isn't out until next year there'll be plenty of time to see what they've changed for the remake.

Clov

Very cool. Maybe I'll buy one of those loli RPGs as a sort of tip to NISA for being rad. Which one of those is the best?

Apparently Ayesha is the best, but that was published by Tecmo-Koei, not NISA. Out of the ones NISA published, I liked both Totori and Meruru as much as each other.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Oh well, still excited. The Vita port has new modes in it.

Comes with an extra mode where you can just hang out with the students without worrying about murders.

Well, that's something! Sounds like a lot of new writing and such, so good for a game of this type.

No idea. The game's not out until Oct, and while the screenshots look nice I can't really say whether they've redone anything.

There's a new gameplay mode in the 1st game that lets you do more s.link-type stuff with the characters, and I read that the trial sections were reworked and might use the Vita's touch panel. Since this isn't out until next year there'll be plenty of time to see what they've changed for the remake.

Ahhh, so not out in JP yet either! Didn't know that part.

Every JP Vita game that states to use the Touch Panel has me "concerned" right off the bat, lol. But this sounds interesting. I rather like touch menu control in Vita games, actually, it starts to feel natural after a while...

Clov

Technically, there hasn't been a SW 6 yet, so maybe we'll get the next one as well.

Maybe, though it's doubtful, since apparently Sakura Wars did very, very poorly. A pity too, since it was a great game. Had it done well, we might have gotten Sakura Wars 1&2 on the PSP!

BUT I JUST GOT THE PSP GAME

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafdsgsbh

Damn you fan translators! *shakes fist*

edit:eek:h wait this is some butched version without the second game? Not that bad then. But why not have both...

Very cool. Maybe I'll buy one of those loli RPGs as a sort of tip to NISA for being rad. Which one of those is the best?

Try either Neptunia 2 or Neptunia Victory. Or Atelier Meruru.

If I need to buy Time and Eternity just to support NISA so that they can bring over the second one, then I will gladly do it.

Haha same. I'll buy whatever you put out NISA so you'll survive until you release the second game.

GamerJM

Banned
Maybe, though it's doubtful, since apparently Sakura Wars did very, very poorly. A pity too, since it was a great game. Had it done well, we might have gotten Sakura Wars 1&2 on the PSP!

I still feel awful for having not bought Sakura Wars. A combination of being swamped with too many games and things happening to me at the time of release and not having access to a PS2 at the time for Japanese voice acting kept me from purchasing it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Project X Zone makes me want a Sakura Wars game so badly. Everytime I hear an imperial flower division theme, I shake a fist to the sky...

I'd love some Sakura Wars games on Vita... anyone know what Gaijinworks was suppose to announce for PSP/Vita after E3? It was suppose to be something known in America...

Only the first? That's cool. It'd be a lot of text to translate if it had been both. Still, i'll be there day one. Sidenote; I was just about to pull the trigger and buy the PSP version so I could play the fan translation. Now i'm glad I didn't.

Volcynika

I guess the thread title can be updated to say Europe too: (Sorry for the formatting

PR

Anime Expo, Calif. (July 6, 2013) – NIS America is thrilled to announce that the highly popular mystery adventure game, DanganRonpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. The game is a revised and revamped edition of a title originally released on the
PlayStation®Portable in Japan in 2010. You’ll take on the role of Makoto Naegi, a desperately average teenager who somehow finds himself accepted into Hope's Peak
Academy, a prestigious high school normally reserved for the nation's most "ultimate" students. But when he arrives, he and the other students soon find themselves trapped in a battle for survival against a twisted mastermind who has taken them all prisoner. You'll have to unmask the villain and uncover the secret of the school...or die trying!

For more information, please visit NISAmerica.com/danganronpa/

About the game:

Hope's Peak Academy is home to Japan's best and brightest high school students—the beacons of hope for the future. But that hope suddenly dies when Makoto Naegi and his
classmates find themselves imprisoned in the school, cut off from the outside world and subject to the whims of a strange, murderous little bear named Monokuma. He pits the
students against each other, promising freedom to anyone who can murder a fellow classmate and get away with it. It's up to you to find out who Monokuma really is, and why you've been taken from the world you once knew. But be careful what you wish for—sometimes there’s nothing more deadly than the truth...

Key features:

Daily Life, Deadly Life: Trapped in a school-turned-prison, students are murdering each other one by one. You’ll have to investigate each incident, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to try and get to the bottom of each brutal case!

Mock Trial: The nefarious Monokuma serves as judge, jury, and executioner as you engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects, dissecting their statements and firing their words back at them to expose their lies!

Popularity Contest: Sway classmates to your side in each investigation, squeezing information from them to figure out who did it. And when you do, turn up the heat in a variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to uncover the truth and save your skin!

Kikujiro

No please, nobody should buy Time and Eternity, NISA needs to understand that they have to bring over good games and not games worse than Last Rebellion.

Top Bottom