• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trouble Witches NEO! (Cute 'em Up? | SNKP | XBLA | 800 MSP | This Winter)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
ON SALE for 400 MSP (50% off) week of September 26th! (Sept 27 - Oct 3rd)

Now releasing April 27th! - SNKP's Official Trouble Witches NEO!

boxartlg.jpg

Official XBLA description said:
Discover « TROUBLE WITCHES NEO », horizontal shooting in which cute and comical little witches roam the skies of Xbox LIVE! Sakurako, a traditional Japanese young witch, joins the cast of the Arcade version! The "Story Mode" offers a full voice dubbing in English and in Japanese to enjoy twice the game! The Online Mode featured in "TROUBLE WITCHES NEO" will allow you to play in cooperation with players worldwide, or, at the contrary, to confront them to get the highest score! In addition to the "ARRANGE MODE" with its high quality HD graphics, you can enjoy two different types of "CHALLENGE MODE" and the "ARCADE MODE", original version of the game, for a very low price ♪

:lol:

Developer: Adventure Planning Service
Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION
Genre: Shooter

Offline Features
Offline players 1 - 2
Offline co-op 2

Online features
Online multiplayer 2
Online co-op 2
Leaderboards

37188_126980194021767_115381791848274_141715_275342_n.jpg

67577_126980380688415_115381791848274_141723_6340430_n.jpg

71897_126980437355076_115381791848274_141725_7141468_n.jpg

37188_126980200688433_115381791848274_141717_5274734_n.jpg

56319_126979880688465_115381791848274_141712_4938466_o.jpg

Image Gallery Via Facebook

Also, here's the official SNKP XBLA Page.

Official Trailers (Updated 11/15!):
Magic Barrier Course!
Card System Course!

Previews:

Download Links:

SNKP Official Product Info Page said:
Enjoy the exciting feeling of threading through waves of bullets and change enemies’ bullets into gold via the Magic Barrier System!!
Use the MP Gauge to deploy the Magic Barrier and slow down the incoming waves of bullets!
Shoot down all enemies on screen to convert the bullets they have fired into gold coins and collect them!
The exhilarating feeling of avoiding enemies’ bullets until the Magic Barrier disappears, and the pleasure of using alchemy to change bullets into money can also be experimented in CO-OP PLAY!
Concentrate on your enemies’ bullets as much as possible with the Magic Barrier in order to get a lot of money!

Use your gold to purchase items at the Pumpkin Shops! Magic Cards enable Special Attacks!
If a Pumpkin Shop appears during the game, enter in without hesitation and buy some “Magic Cards”! Special Attacks which are enabled by the “Magic Cards” are really powerful, and they will give you Star Coins if you use them to shoot down the enemies. Be sure to use the “Magic Cards” when you are in a pinch!

8 cute maid-witches are available! Choose your favorite character and play-style!
The player can choose from 8 cute maid-witches (including two unlockable characters available under certain conditions)! Each witch fires a slightly different type of shot and moves at a different speed: choose your favorite character and play style!

Exclusive to Xbox LIVE Arcade! ARRANGE 360 MODE features a lot of options for hours of fun!
The Xbox LIVE Arcade exclusive “ARRANGE 360 MODE” of “TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!” features numerous additional options: as well as “SINGLE PLAY” (in which a second player can join the game at any time), “MULTI PLAY (OFFLINE)” in which two witches can play in cooperation, and “STORY MODE” where you can enjoy the story of each character in full voiced dialogue. A “CHALLENGE MODE”, made up of “SCORE ATTACK” and “BOSS ATTACK” modes for the hardcore players, is also available!

Let’s play in co-op mode with witches from around the world via Xbox LIVE!!
ONLINE CO-OP PLAY is possible with players worldwide via the Xbox LIVE network!
Furthermore, “TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!” features LEADERBOARDS to check the world rankings and a REPLAY function in order to watch maniac players’ gameplay!!

Game will have selectable English or Japanese voice acting, as well as English, Japanese, and French subtitles.

(Hope I'm not steppin' on your toes any Shard :D)
If Cotton and Fantasy Zone had a cute baby...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
SNK should port over the PC version on GG/Impulse/Steam also. (sounds like there is one)

Looks interesting though. Really surprised to see SNK publish something they didn't make though.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Neat! The PC version of this game was quite good! (and not at all to be confused with Strike Witches, thank god.)

Ashkeloth

Initially opening this thread and seeing several images featuring underage anime girls, I thought I had accidentally clicked on an icecream thread. Luckily none of them were eating sausages or ice cream suggestively.

Regardless, It always makes me sad when I see shmup threads, because I know that no matter how awesome they look, actually trying to play them without being hopped up on some sort of illegal substance will lead me to a feeling akin to slamming my balls in a door.

I also miss the olden days where we had awesome spaceships that occasionally transformed into robots, instead of googly-eyed children that wear far too few clothes.

It's nice to see more games like this being localised, though.

That is all I have to contribute to this thread.

Ashkeloth said:
Initially opening this thread and seeing several images featuring underage anime girls, I thought I had accidentally clicked on an icecream thread. Luckily none of them were eating sausages or ice cream suggestively.

Regardless, It always makes me sad when I see shmup threads, because I know that no matter how awesome they look, actually trying to play them without being hopped up on some sort of illegal substance will lead me to a feeling akin to slamming my balls in a door.

I also miss the olden days where we had awesome spaceships that occasionally transformed into robots, instead of googly-eyed children that wear far too few clothes.

As much as I like to play shmups, I know exactly how you feel.

Ashkeloth said:

Play old games

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
These girls are actually wearing a fine amount of clothing, though! And aren't really drawn in any fetishy-ways. Thank goodness.

And this reminds me much more of THIS:

ngpccotton.png

3749.png

Than most modern moe-fest (or Otomodieus), so I find this suprisingly likeable.

Though I'd rather have my characters in shooter behind the cockpit, and of decent age/maturity, like:

pulstar.gif

But we'll get back to that eventually! :lol (And can always buy R-Type dimensions, if the desire gets too strong, heh heh.)

arstal said:
SNK should port over the PC version on GG/Impulse/Steam also. (sounds like there is one)

Looks interesting though. Really surprised to see SNK publish something they didn't make though.

It is suprising to see them publishing (Even moreso if they'd hit up PC), half the reason I'm hyped. When's the last time they did such a thing? Neo Geo Days? (Skystage only half counts, being developed by MOSS.) I think this is a good step for the company as a whole.

danmaku said:
doujin games on XBLA? great!

Much agreed! I hope they do even more...

MjFrancis

Yeah, the loli is silly and over the top, but it's amazing to see the development of this game as time has progressed. The initial PC release was a very slow-paced, and the levels were twice as long as they were when I last played the game. It made it relatively easy yet boring - I wasn't a very good shoot 'em up player (still aren't) but I remember getting pretty far in the first version of Trouble Witches. Once it was patched, it was a whole new game.

I'm glad to see how much more they've added since then, and that it will finally get a proper XBLA release. I'll definitely pick this one up.

MjFrancis

Tain said:
But they don't sell full-priced XBLA games!
It would be cool if Microsoft could use it's Games on Demand service to launch these sort of games at a $20 to $40 price point. Doubtful that it would ever happen, but it could solve the conundrum of the $10 to $15 price point most XBLA games are expected to be sold at when it's being sold alongside full length disc releases.

The trailer looks pretty good, but it depends on how fast that magic barrier recharges. It looks like it comes back QUICK, so if all you do is hide behind a barrier and milk bullets for points, I'll probably pass.

On a side note, that voice acting is terrible. Sounds like SNK rounded up some women around the office and told them to go read some lines.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
The doujin shmups on PS3 weren't really that good, so I don't have high hopes for this one (it looks very similar).
After playing KoF Skystage demo, I'm cautious about SNKP shmups but I'll check this out. Hope it's good.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LiK said:
After playing KoF Skystage demo, I'm cautious about SNKP shmups but I'll check this out. Hope it's good.
Oh yeah, that was rather medicore too but this isn't developed by SNKP, just published.

Either way, I love Microsoft for making mandatory demos.

SAB CA said:
These girls are actually wearing a fine amount of clothing, though! And aren't really drawn in any fetishy-ways. Thank goodness.

And this reminds me much more of THIS:

ngpccotton.png

3749.png

Than most modern moe-fest (or Otomodieus), so I find this suprisingly likeable.

Though I'd rather have my characters in shooter behind the cockpit, and of decent age/maturity, like:

pulstar.gif

I give Otomedius a pass because I <3 Mine Yoshizaki. D:

Anyhow, it's good to see SNK is trying to raise money to port KoF13 to consoles! :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks awesome. I will probably pick this up.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Ashkeloth said:

Are you referring to the difficulty or the cutesy stuff? The cutesy stuff can't be helped unfortunately, but if Cave games give you sensory overload, this one is quite a bit more manageable. There's still a lot more bullets but it's slower paced.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Princess Skittles said:
Oh yeah, that was rather medicore too but this isn't developed by SNKP, just published.

Either way, I love Microsoft for making mandatory demos.

KoF: Skystage was developed by MOSS Co. LTD, the developers of Raiden III and IV, not SNKP. I wonder how the game would have been recieved if it had a Raiden skin, rather than a KoF skin...

The Take Out Bandit said:
I give Otomedius a pass because I <3 Mine Yoshizaki. D:

Anyhow, it's good to see SNK is trying to raise money to port KoF13 to consoles!

But those outfits! It's just so...! I'd rather go back to Parodius levels of comedy and "sexiness"...

I'm glad their money raise scheme is not a pachislot or cellphone game, too. I can actually play it! And it's not embarassingly "Otakusoge"!

SAB CA said:
But those outfits! It's just so...! I'd rather go back to Parodius levels of comedy and "sexiness"...

I'm glad their money raise scheme is not a pachislot or cellphone game, too. I can actually play it! And it's not embarassingly "Otakusoge"!

I'm sorry. I've just been a Yoshizaki fan for over a decade and the horrible specter of Moe that pervades his commercial works get a pass from me because he's super awesome. Filling his manga with classic anime and game references. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm sorry. I've just been a Yoshizaki fan for over a decade and the horrible specter of Moe that pervades his commercial works get a pass from me because he's super awesome. Filling his manga with classic anime and game references. :(

I only know his works from Keroro Gunsou (Which I've yet to really see), but I can understand. Reminds me of a time you brought up Kenichi Sonoda... there are some many reasons WHY he shouldn't gel with me, but Gunsmith Cats Manga still a strong fav. of mine. I'd be in line quickly if they ever made a Riding Bean game... Or a Bubblegum Crisis Game... or Gunsmith Cats...

The_Technomancer said:
...why are they witch maids? Where does that come into it.

No, they're Maid-Witches! -ahem- I wondered if that was just an odd article of worldplay + translation confusion myself... considering the graduation angle that one story scene presents, does that also make them Schoolgirls?

Yes Boss!

That would be nice if it came out just after Guwange and just before DoDonPachi R. Shooter month for november...to help make up for the delayed Bullet Soul.

Yes Boss! said:
That would be nice if it came out just after Guwange and just before DoDonPachi R. Shooter month for november...to help make up for the delayed Bullet Soul.

It certainly would. But yeah, having to wait until April for Bullet Soul is tough, even if we have Guwange/Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu/Trouble Witches and the Muchi Muchi/Pink Sweets pack before then.

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
It certainly would. But yeah, having to wait until April for Bullet Soul is tough, even if we have Guwange/Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu/Trouble Witches and the Muchi Muchi/Pink Sweets pack before then.
I think the delay for Bullet Soul will hopefully be for the better. Game is looking great!

I've a feeling 2011 is gonna be a great year for shooter releases. I only wish Pink Sweets and MMP were individual releases as the current cover is kinda tacky.

Yes Boss! said:
I've a feeling 2011 is gonna be a great year for shooter releases. I only wish Pink Sweets and MMP were individual releases as the current cover is kinda tacky.

For collection purposes I agree, but it'll be nice to have them on the one disc.

As for 360 shmups in 2011, what are we looking at? Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O on XBLA and Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi retail so far?

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
For collection purposes I agree, but it'll be nice to have them on the one disc.

As for 360 shmups in 2011, what are we looking at? Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O on XBLA and Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi retail so far?
Plus the G-rev XBLA shooter which is looking very inspired.

What does Cave have left? Personally I'm hoping for a big Ibara set. I'd kill for an Ibara arcade stick.

We are certain to get some more iPhone ports. Love the hell out of those!

Top Bottom