• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trouble Witches NEO! (Cute 'em Up? | SNKP | XBLA | 800 MSP | This Winter)

Yes Boss! said:
Plus the G-rev XBLA shooter which is looking very inspired.

Ah I forgot about that. Yeah, it looks great.

What does Cave have left? Personally I'm hoping for a big Ibara set. I'd kill for an Ibara arcade stick.

I'd definitely buy Ibara again. As for other Cave stuff, I'd most like to see ESP Rade, but would happily settle for anything else really.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OMAKE: A few hours later, THIS VIDEO was posted to Youtube. It's all in Japanese, though, so I can't tell you what it says... guessing it's all about the dangers and use of bullet freeze for Maximum Scoring!

Info post on game control from the SNKP XBLA Facebook:
SNK Playmore on Xbox LIVE Arcade said:
TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!, the frantic horizontal scrolling shooter with cute witches which will be released this winter by SNK PLAYMORE, features simple and complete controls for both beginners and advanced players !

First of all, you can move your character in eight directions via the Left Stick and the D-Pad.

After characters movements, it’s time to talk about the shooting and special buttons to face the hordes of incoming enemies and bullets:

Press the A button of your controller to perform shots

Press the X button to deploy the Magic Barrier

Press the B button when you need to use a Magic Card

The Y button is not used in this game.

After the brief presentation above of the basic commands in TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!, we’d like to present you the PRESET VOICES buttons included in the game (Note: available only in ARRANGE MODE). Each witch-character can say 4 different messages at any time just by pressing one of the 4 buttons on the top of the controller: LB is for a greeting, LT to thank, RB for a happy message and RT to warn of a danger. These full voiced comments will give a lively atmosphere to the witches and the game!!

That potential Nov 17th release date that's been floating around, hasn't been mentioned by SNKP yet... odd, since they seem to do OK with giving warning for upcoming XBLA release dates.

It looks like a baby version of gundeadligne.

Gundeadligne.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The corresponding blog post to go along with the Magic Barrier System Video:

SNK Playmore on Xbox LIVE Arcade said:
The MAGIC BARRIER SYSTEM is the main mechanic in TROUBLE WITCHES NEO! Press the appropriate button (X button in the case of the default configuration) when you have enough MP to order your familiar to deploy a MAGIC BARRIER around. Once activated, a circle of color will show up around your companion and all the enemy b...ullets that make contact with this MAGIC BARRIER will turn red and slow down. Then, if you shoot down the enemies who have fired the bullets within the Barrier, those bullets will turn into gold and move to your character if you hold down the B button. The MAGIC BARRIER will disappear once the MP Gauge gets empty!

However, please notice that the MAGIC BARRIER is ineffective against certain projectiles like the “spiky balls” that pass right through it or hurt the witch!

Moreover, if you aren’t able to shoot down in time all the enemies whose bullets are gathered within the Barrier, those bullets will turn yellow and home in on the player!

As described above, the MAGIC BARRIER is one the strategic keys in TROUBLE WITCHES NEO! They will be necessary if you want to make a lot of money to buy items at the Pumpkin Shops and also if you are in search of a high score!

----

Oh, and by the way

leehom said:
This looks like my type of game....must buy if there's co-op.

Online and Offline Co-Op both appear to be available!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The shopkeepers of Trouble Witches Neo!

SNK Playmore on Xbox LIVE Arcade PUMPKIN SHOPS said:
During your aerial adventure, you will often find a small house hanging at a "pumpkin-like" hot-air balloon: sure, this is a Pumpkin Shop !! Enter in if you have enough gold and buy the items you want by moving your cursor on them. Our Shops have many items such as Magic Cards (we will present them next time), Potions (increase the MP Gauge) and 1UP Hearts. We hope you will find what you are looking for at our store !!

Autumn and Jules Pumpkin.

74053_133878849998568_115381791848274_168091_2383185_n.jpg
155018_133878816665238_115381791848274_168089_3086596_n.jpg

-----

JustAnotherOtaku said:
So has there been any word on why this wasn't out yesterday? Do we have a new confirmed date?

No new date, though I really wonder where that that first date even came from. It was mentioned by one site, and never mentioned at all by SNKP. Whenever there is an official date, it'll surely be posted on their XBLA page, or the SNKP Facebook, first. Until then, we're stuck with "This Winter".

SAB CA said:
No new date, though I really wonder where that that first date even came from. It was mentioned by one site, and never mentioned at all by SNKP. Whenever there is an official date, it'll surely be posted on their XBLA page, or the SNKP Facebook, first. Until then, we're stuck with "This Winter".

Yeah, it did seem to come out of nowhere. Hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Goddamit... I am a bit dissapointed:(

When I clicked the topic I thought it maybe was related Super Magnetic Neo! or something... Dammit. I would love to play that game again. Great ass game, and really difficult too!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Star Coins:
SNK Playmore on XBLA said:
When you activate a Magic Card, all the enemies defeated on the screen as well as their bullets will change into STAR COINS!

The STAR COINS you will amass after you have shot down your enemies will beved in the “STAR COINS counter”, whose amount will be multiplied by the enemy’s point value for an awesome total score!

In other words, you will ready need STAR COINS to get a high score!

72545_126980474021739_115381791848274_141727_367693_n.jpg

Magic Cards:
SNK Playmore on XBLA said:
Along with the MAGIC BARRIER SYSTEM, TROUBLE WITCHES NEO! features an innovative system of MAGIC CARDS which allows the character to fire the enemies via magic weapons.  

Each Magic Card is really powerful and will help the character with its “shooting trajectory” and “firepower characteristics”.

Some cards will enable a rapid fire attack whereas other cards will allow you to attack behind you or to (SAB CA: Message cuts off here... :lol )

VIDEO: Card System Course (English)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Could a Mod change the thread title's "This Winter" to "April 27th" for me?
Thanks!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Bumping for good reason - the game now has a release date! :D

27th April (2 weeks! Week before Bangai-O HD too) for 800 MS Points.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/13/trouble_witches_date/

Thanks for this Update!

To make it doubly official, here's SNKP's Official XBLA page with the Info:
Trouble Witches NEO! On XBLA

No new trailer released yet, no new update on their facebook page, however, a PREMIUM THEME has gone up on US Xbox Live Marketplace.

I'll see if I can find a theme preview for it somewhere now...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Video Preview for the premium theme: "Type Witch": Click Here!

Actually looks pretty nice; like the developed look of the friend list icons. Unlike the KoF XII themes, which had characters kinda just... there.

Frankfurt

Banned
Weird. When I look at online character designs for this game (like the pumpkin gal above) they look cute. But when I look at the in game illustrations in the XBox Live gallery section, it's like someone else attempted to copy the exact same art and failed... Never had seen something like this. Am I just imagining this?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Frankfurt said:
Weird. When I look at online character designs for this game (like the pumpkin gal above) they look cute. But when I look at the in game illustrations in the XBox Live gallery section, it's like someone else attempted to copy the exact same art and failed... Never had seen something like this. Am I just imagining this?

screenlg5.jpg

screenlg6.jpg

VS

74053_133878849998568_115381791848274_168091_2383185_n.jpg

??? Errr... I don't see any difference between these two, per say... the "Otaku astrologist!" girl "Sakurako" might be a bit different in some ways, though, since she's newer art made just for this release. (I think sometimes her face looks a bit different between pictures. I wanna say it's due to the bangs, but I think it might be the style of shade/blush, too...)

All I can figure is that it's probably because they changed/modified art for this game at least 3 times; The Original PC release/Beta, PC Update + Arcade, and now, whatever "HD" stuff they've done for the console port/arranged mode. So some designs are probably from years ago from the artist, and maybe other are more recent.

Closest relation I can say, for me, is seeing the adaptations of art by Masakazu Katsura from DNA^2 anime, now done for newer animators in some of the II's animation. They're both from his mangas and style, but the new animation has more awkward frames, the shading doesn't compliment his style as well, and they seemed to suck at bring his art into "3D" for animating. Is that kind of what you're seeing here?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
twinturbo2 said:
Is that Nakoruru or am I just imagining things?
Heh, I suppose she could look kinda like her... but naa, That's Sakurako. The Anime Otaku Astrologist! Whatever that means.

LoL, lookit what I found on the Facebook page, too!

217641_168264986559954_115381791848274_345667_6906348_n.jpg

A new witch in "TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!" !?

"Luca" will be available as an additional DLC character from 2011, May, 11th (price TBD). What are her story and abilities? You'll discover the exciting details on this new witch soon!

DLC for Trouble Witches NEO! That's unexpected! But pretty cool, if it comes with a fully (Engrish and Japanese?) voiced storymode and such...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Played for a bit, looks really really good. Gameplay seems alright, but need to play more, there is also a tutorial with scoring tips etc which is nice.

Anyway, for 800 allards, you cant go wrong.

surly

Banned
Is anyone having trouble buying this? The trial downloads OK, but when I try and buy the full game via the console I get an 80153422 error and when trying to purchase via Xbox.com it says "An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later."

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, that explains why there is absolutely NO leaderboard data posted yet, doesn't seem anyone is able to buy it yet!

I wasn't planning to buy til later today anywho, when I really get to sit down with it.

I wish they let you experience the story mode in the trial. Just to get a feel for how it all works. But 2 selectable characters in the trial, plus the (welcome) option for JP and ENG voices and subtitles, really is appreciated.

Also, random note, there are multiple voices that play (of the Girl + her Familiar) when you browse the "How to Play" section.

English voices are so odd, lol. They're a bit better in quality than Skystage, as the speakers sound as if they're native english speakers, for the most part... but they do often sound as enthused as I'd like them to.

Both TWNeo! and Nin^2 have some fun engrishy translations, though so my suprise, TW actually has some pretty solid conversational speak in it's tutorial section. But still some misspellings in the achievements (See if you can find it!), and it's so nice to know that the trial game won't allow you to "Release the Achievement!"

Oh, and warning for all your Cheevo-Lovers out there, TWN has some odd achievement numbers. 11, 3, 42, and 7 come to mind. Haven't seen THAT since Dishwasher: Dead Samurai!

I really like the music I've heard in the game (which is the same as the old PC trial and trailers so far, so no duh, right?) Really helps round out the experience very nicely.

Oh, and Frankfurt, when comparing the stage 1 Chime intro pic to her boss Pic, yeah, it's easy to see a difference in the art at that point. Still mostly in the faces for me. Very odd, but I guess this IS a pretty old project overall... alot changes in 4 or so years... wonder if it's the same artist?

Nekofrog

Banned
So at this point is there just like a random-anime-cute-little-girl-character generator that these companies use?

'Cause someone might want to look into developing one... money.

I know someone's making a lot of money off of steroid-meathead-space-marine-generator.

surly

Banned
I've posted on the official Xbox forums about the error when trying to purchase the game, and I've also sent a tweet to Xbox Support. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon, cos I'm looking forward to playing it!

surly said:
Is anyone having trouble buying this? The trial downloads OK, but when I try and buy the full game via the console I get an 80153422 error and when trying to purchase via Xbox.com it says "An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later."

Same for me. I am downloading the trial at the minute in the hope of being able to unlock the full game that way.

Well, you can try to buy it through xbox.com, no? I was just browsing its page over there, thinkin if I should or not press the button.

Edited: so, no one can buy it yet....

surly

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Same for me. I am downloading the trial at the minute in the hope of being able to unlock the full game that way.
That's how I tried to buy it. It doesn't work unfortunately.

surly said:
That's how I tried to buy it. It doesn't work unfortunately.

Yeah just tried it :(

The trial was really good! I think I'm really going to enjoy the full game once it becomes available. Oh well, guess it gives me some time to play the Nin2 Jump trial and see if it convinces me to buy the full game :p

Isn't this happening because of some messing with the files?

The Japanese version should be different (different ID, stackable achievements), but when I look that the Japanese xbox.com page I see the same ID. Maybe they set up the game on marketplace wrongly.~

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Oh well, guess it gives me some time to play the Nin2 Jump trial and see if it convinces me to buy the full game :p

Well, I bought the game blindly just because:
- It is a Cave game
- It is only 400 MS points
- All the money goes to charity

Chiaroscuro said:
Well, I bought the game blindly just because:
- It is a Cave game
- It is only 400 MS points
- All the money goes to charity

Yeah those 3 factors should have me buying immediately, but after Trouble Witches I only have enough points left over for Bangai-O next week. Hmm, maybe I'll just buy 500 MS Points using my CC or something.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah those 3 factors should have me buying immediately, but after Trouble Witches I only have enough points left over for Bangai-O next week. Hmm, maybe I'll just buy 500 MS Points using my CC or something.

you can buy just 400 pts using either xbox.com or zune (even on the 360, I guess, the times for spending 500 to get 400 are over).

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I played this at the arcade a couple of months ago, the first impression wasn't that great, it seemed like one of those lame doujin shmups that really rely more on their loliness than having compelling gameplay (same as that three pack on PSN, Gundemonium Collection). But that was a crazy busy day and I was probably half awake.. so I'll definitely be giving this another shot.

Mandatory demos! Best thing MS ever did for XBLA. :)

Top Bottom