• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Kim Arrive in Singapore

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Embarking on what he has called a "mission of peace," President Trump landed Sunday evening at Singapore's Paya Lebar Airbase for a historic summit with North Korean autocrat Kim Jong Un.

Asked by a reporter on the tarmac how he was feeling about the summit after landing in Air Force One, Trump replied: "Very good."

Trump was met at the runway by Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. His high-stakes meeting with Kim is scheduled for 9 a.m. local time Tuesday, or 9 p.m. ET.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...mit-with-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-un.html

Trump and Un are both in Singapore. Hopefully this goes well. It looks like they begin their meeting at the same time as the Sony E3 conference.

dolabla

Sony E3 conference > this meeting :cool:

But for real, Dennis Rodman is gonna be in the house! Guaranteed full peace treaty confirmed!

FtsH

If Kim Jong Un can announce his official Twitter account coming out of this meeting that would be great:devilish:

longdi

Banned
Trump rather sleeps with Um and Putin while telling his allies to fuck off with tariffs.
And some of you think he aint ruining the economy?

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Let’s hope for the best.. maybe denuclearization is for real
Maybe Kim knows this is his only chance Maybe he’s gonna play this administration like other administrations have been played in the past

Either way - wishing for Trump to fail is idiotic, immature, and shameful

Last edited:
Meanwhile the crywolfer is threatening to cancel all trade with the allies, as if he thought anyone would do anything but yawn at such a boring proposal.

dolabla

Abby Huntsman:

Abby-Huntsman-1.jpg

All is forgiven :)

nemiroff

Gold Member

This is just one example of what's wrong with this planet these days; Politicized pandering and cat fighting media, childish mentality and the crazy eyes focus on meaningless slip ups and gotcha moments. How about both "Adam Best" and Fox & Friends put down the infant toys and the grins for a moment, take responsibility and do something good for the world.

This is just one example of what's wrong with this planet these days; Politicized pandering and cat fighting media, childish mentality and the crazy eyes focus on meaningless slip ups and gotcha moments. How about both "Adam Best" and Fox & Friends put down the infant toys and the grins for a moment, take responsibility and do something good for the world.

You are asking too much from the hyperbolic media.

dolabla

It's official! Ambassador Rodman has officially arrived at his destination:

DfbKDx_W4AAzTWl.jpg:large

Amazing times we're living in! Who'd ever thunk Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman were about to save the world :LOL:

Last edited:
I love how the media is trying to play this as "Trump is legitimizing our enemies!!1!"

It's amazing that the same people who see the value in not isolating despotic countries like Cuba are the ones whining now.

This is not going to have an instant impact on freeing the NK citizenry, but it gets the ball moving like Nixon opening up trade with China did. The future of NK looks brighter than ever before.

longdi

Banned
I love how the media is trying to play this as "Trump is legitimizing our enemies!!1!"

It's amazing that the same people who see the value in not isolating despotic countries like Cuba are the ones whining now.

This is not going to have an instant impact on freeing the NK citizenry, but it gets the ball moving like Nixon opening up trade with China did. The future of NK looks brighter than ever before.

And fucking up trade with established allies?
Trump is just man-babying around.

And fucking up trade with established allies?
Trump is just man-babying around.

Nothing is set yet. You all whined about playing hardball with China, yet Trump came away with a lot of the benefits TPP would have brought without the ridiculous downsides it had.

KevinKeene

Banned
The two craziest leaders meeting. What could possibly go wrong.

Trump: 'You see, fat boy, the world hates you and thinks I'm stupid. Let's show them and reunite North- and South Korea, kay?'
Un: 'Okey. But you're fat, too, Orenji-san.'

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
After Trump's reception at the G-7 all Kim has to do is butter him up something fierce and act like he's the greatest thing since the internet and Trump will be puddy in his hands.

It was Obama who reached out to Cuba and Iran and we've been dealing with despots in one way or another fir decades now so I'm not sure what you even mean by this. This isn't even the first time a US President has dealt with NK directly.

Most people should be taking this all with a heap of salt and for good reason knowing full well the history and attitudes of NK and Trump.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

These people were cheering Kim, like a rockstar.

...have they read anything about anything? And the high five emoji from the original tweet, also unsure if any semblance of knowledge of what goes on there.

Vangelis

Banned
Trump is a God at making deals. I never thought we'd bee seeing Donald Trump as president and not only MAGA but, bringing peace to Korea. I'm in awe of this man.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I watched a couple of minutes of this dude and he's talking about how Obama didn't have any clue about East Asian politics. I had to laugh at that especially when compared to Trump as if he somehow has a far greater hold on such things.

Last edited:
I watched a couple of minutes of this dude and he's talking about how Obama didn't have any clue about East Asian politics. I had to laugh at that especially when compared to Trump as if he somehow has a far greater hold on such things.
Look at that, another convincing argument.

Super Mario

Banned
Liberals are scrambling to discredit Trump on this. How many longer will we go before we realize Trump's year and half accomplishments vs Obama's 8 years of division

gohepcat

Banned
Liberals are scrambling to discredit Trump on this. How many longer will we go before we realize Trump's year and half accomplishments vs Obama's 8 years of division

Hahaha.
I can’t think of a scenario where you could possibly hold this view and properly function in society.

Top Bottom