• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Jong Un Issues Statement on Trump

Responding with violence.

Goddamn.

As long as they don't start a dick measuring contest ...

Could you please tell me why Trump felt the need to actually respond to Kim-Jong Un? Because of some "threats" being thrown around? That has been happening for ... well, I dunno? 15+ years?
I mean ... North-Korea has been in isolation for years and that'll never change.

What's Trump's goal? What's in it for him? Yes, Kim-Jong Un is a terrible person ... but is Trump really that different?

Trump is a narcissist who's perfect America was in the 50s. He believes that since we have the biggest military we should be using it so people know not to fuck with us. It's a very stupid mentality when you think about things on the world stage.

Trump is a huge fan of posturing because he's a con man. Look at how many people he's insulted and then says "Oh, he's a good guy, we had a great conversation, etc. He says he doesn't give a shit about polls or things like that but he desperately wants to be validated. He didn't expect to win so now he's flying by the seat of his pants. He won't take advice from people smarter than him because he has to be the smartest person in the room.

Look at how he's tried to smash everything Obama did, just because Obama embarrassed him. It's why he keeps bringing up Hilary. He has a base who will give him that love he should be "rightfully" getting and feels that we should be using nukes to wreck our enemies. This is his ego in action.

But he sounds so measured!

Thats why some gaffers are cracking me up right now. Insult Trump and they'll stop clapping for dinner and clap for whatever nonsense you spew up. No matter who you are.

Or, like actual adults who understand nuance, we understand that Un (or whoever wrote his statement for him) raised a couple of good points and summarized Trump's awful tenure so far pretty well while still seeing Un as an abhorrent piece of garbage that should drop dead this very moment.

So The Dictator, hated by everyone, ends up looking better than the so called "President of the free world".

I'm now sure that Vince McMahon is advising Trump in how to look like a hero.

I mean really, what the fuck, this is not what you expect. Fuck both of them, but man, I out of words of how unsettlingly funny this situation is.

Pikma

Banned
But he sounds so measured!

Thats why some gaffers are cracking me up right now. Insult Trump and they'll stop clapping for dinner and clap for whatever nonsense you spew up. No matter who you are.
Oh hey this person just described me perfectly

Except it's not nonsense, he put up a more coherent message than that orange piece of shit ever could, now that is nonsense

I can't believe we are in this situation right now where the most hated man on Earth called out the most idiotic and completely hateful man in America and used a perfect word to describe Trump to a T. I want out of this timeline.

Lkr

Kim on Thursday reacted angrily to Trump's remarks and actions this week, calling the president a “mentally deranged U.S. dotard” and Trump's earlier speech at the U.N. “unprecedented rude nonsense.”
Dotard lol...I don’t think that’s a word you hear very often

Aces&Eights

This is a guy who straps people across the business end of anti aircraft guns and then fires the guns to "make an example" of them.

Fuck Kim and his bullshit statements about how world leaders are supposed to act.

Kasumin

Its funny people believe these are Kim Jong Un´s words.

Most likely from one of his military officers.

To be fair, Trump's speech to the UN was also prepared by someone else... Stephen Miller. At least NK's leader seems to have someone better to write their statements.

Words matter. And the fact that Kim can have the appearance of sounding more measured than the US president is a hit to the US's image worldwide. Preferably, there wouldn't even be this kind of immature exchange of words because the US would have a sane, reasonable leader.

As someone else in this thread said. Adults are capable of the kind of nuance where they can acknowledge that this statement by Kim Jong Un makes some points they can agree with while also maintaining that Kim is a horrible dictator.

Any other president could easily brush a statement like this off. But Trump is, well, a freaking dotard with a severe case of narcissism.

I like how North Korea has been threatening to destroy America for years and once Trump fires back some of that rhetoric he shits his pants. Don't get me wrong, fuck Trump but also fuck Kim Jong Un. He has no leg to stand on, he has like a negative leg.

RPGCrazied

Past Presidents would just ignore Kim and move on. But no, Trump isn't that person. He likes to fan the flames. If we end up getting nuked, its all his fault.

They only need Ahmadinejad to become The Three Stooges team!

fsw9_ahmadinejad-grimace.jpg

Jakoo

Past Presidents would just ignore Kim and move on. But no, Trump isn't that person. He likes to fan the flames. If we end up getting nuked, its all his fault.

Past presidents would not ignore the Kim family. They would quietly provide economic concessions to shut them up, all while North Korea continued on their weapons program and hoarding what little wealth they have away from their people to become more and more of a nuclear threat.

North Korea has been bullying America into appeasement since the Clinton days. Is Trump the person to fix that? Probably not, but it's a change in doctrine nonetheless that might yield a better outcome.

And we should mention that Kim also reintroduces an old English vocabulary word into the American vernacular before he wraps up.

"I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U. S. dotard with fire," he says. Dotard, which according to Merriam-Webster, means "a person in his or her dotage — "a state or period of senile decay marked by decline of mental poise and alertness."

The term is now trending online.

What a world we live in.

Daffy Duck

What a time to be alive, I know that gets thrown around so easily, but damn if it's not the perfect phrase for this whole thing.

The US President calling out a leader on Twitter......

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Maybe. But they didn't use words like "locked & loaded", "fire & fury", and "We would destroy North Korea if we had to."

Other presidents also did not have to deal with NK being this close to having a nuclear equipped ICBM. I don't think there is anything wrong with what Trump has said. He could tone it back a bit, but that is not going to change what NK is doing.

Tigress

Trump might be shitty but he’s not a dictator that starving his people and has fucking prison camps.

Trump also is still beholden to the laws of the country he is in. I'm not so sure we could say that if he had become a true dictator. That's the benefit of this country not electing a dictator but still having bounds on its leader.

People saying Trump is at fault, he was the one saying SK should pay for the missile shield, upseting US generals who got that power to make this mess under Obama

Pathetic fucking idiots, the both of them.
Imagine two of those frustrated cancerous fucktards deciding over the faith of the human race. I wish bot of those idiots were gone. Just fucking gone.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If you look around the part where the repulsive leaders of two nations are bickering on the world stage like 12-year-olds in Gunbound, those lines are pretty damn funny.

Other presidents also did not have to deal with NK being this close to having a nuclear equipped ICBM. I don't think there is anything wrong with what Trump has said. He could tone it back a bit, but that is not going to change what NK is doing.

This is such an idiotic position. NK isn't the real threat here. They're a murderous regime with very little power without China supporting them. What's galling is that our man-child in chief is giving China the inside track on appearing to be the only stable, adult in the room. This further erodes our soft-power going forward, when dealing with places like Iran and Venezuela. It increases the risk of violence, rather than scaring NK into being a reasonable nation.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Rocket Man is the dotard. For the first time in decades, the North Korean regime is scared. People are blind if they think that the status quo can last. But I guess since it involves Trump we all have to be blindly supportive of North Korea...
Who is doing that?

And just like that, Kim Jong Un has become the darling of GAF. (Why am I not surprised)
Yeah, people laughing at Trump getting verbally rekt = Kim becoming a "darling". Get real

There is a whole lot of people in this thread that don't know how awful Kim is.
Pretty sure that's not remotely true. I mean, seriously now

onilink88

Maybe. But they didn't use words like "locked & loaded", "fire & fury", and "We would destroy North Korea if we had to."

There's a difference in tone between Obama and Donnie, but...

"We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals."

Let's not pretend the country-ending threats began with Trump. And I'm going to make a prediction here: they won't end with him, either. You'll be seeing a lot more threats like these within your lifetime from both republican and democrat leaders, so, if I were you, I'd get used to them or put on some Enya and ignore the world.

Missile launches from North Korea since 1984, the year of the first SCUD missile test.

I don't think Kimmy is the dictator his daddy and grampappy were, not exactly. Sanctions and other punitive measures taken against North Korea have done jack-shit to curb his idiocy. Just the opposite - they seem to be goading him on. The rest of the planet is very quickly running out of patience for his antics, and if at the very least you don't expect an escalation in violent threats, I don't know what to tell you.

As for the topic of this thread, regardless of the cogency of his (lol) points, Un is an unimaginably reprehensible and dangerous puke with an inferiority complex, not my homeboy that just won a fucking rap battle against easyD or some shit. He's not going to be met with any such regard from me. If you need any convincing as to why he and his dynasty should be strapped to a rocket and jettisoned into the sun as fast as humanly possible, I suggest reading this book:

Read this, and the next time Lil' Kim disses Trump or whoever, the last thought that'll be on your mind is, "He has a point."

There's a difference in tone between Obama and Donnie, but...

"We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals."

Let's not pretend the country-ending threats began with Trump. And I'm going to make a prediction here: they won't end with him, either. You'll be seeing a lot more threats like these within your lifetime from both republican and democrat leaders, so, if I were you, I'd get used to them or put on some Enya and ignore the world.

Missile launches from North Korea since 1984, the year of the first SCUD missile test.

I don't think Kimmy is the dictator his daddy and grampappy were, not exactly. Sanctions and other punitive measures taken against North Korea have done jack-shit to curb his idiocy. Just the opposite - they seem to be goading him on. The rest of the planet is very quickly running out of patience for his antics, and if at the very least you don't expect an escalation in violent threats, I don't know what to tell you.

As for the topic of this thread, regardless of the cogency of his (lol) points, Un is an unimaginably reprehensible and dangerous puke with an inferiority complex, not my homeboy that just won a fucking rap battle against easyD or some shit. He's not going to be met with any such regard from me. If you need any convincing of why he and his dynasty should be strapped to a rocket and jettisoned into the sun as fast as humanely possible, I suggest reading this book:

Read this, and the next time Lil' Kim disses Trump or whoever, the last thought that'll be on your mind is, "He has a point."

Thank you. Most of the people ITT have no idea what they're talking about.

Top Bottom