• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump called for FBI director’s firing hours after FBI raided Paul Manafort’s home

Zolo

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-cal...ents-raided-paul-manaforts-home-7c702db9ab82/
On Wednesday, the Washington Post broke news that “FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.”

The New York Times confirmed the report, adding that the agents were looking for “tax documents and foreign banking records” when they conducted a pre-dawn raid on the morning of July 26. The news was also confirmed by a spokesman for Manafort.

In light of the news about the raid of Manafort’s home, Trump’s tweets on the day of July 26 are of renewed interest. That was the day Trump abruptly posted a string of tweets announcing “that the United States government will not accept or allow [t]ransgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military.” Last Friday, Politico reported that Trump’s declaration stunned White House and Department of Defense lawyers who had warned him against such a ban.

But more directly of interest are factually inaccurate tweets Trump posted later that day asking why Attorney General Jeff Sessions hadn’t moved to replace then-acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

sMLXLrw.jpg

Madness

Trump is acting like a dictator and wanting total control over everything, what's new? Hasn't shithead learned yet this isn't his company? That not everyone will bend the knee for him?

Shauni

Yeah, this was pointed out in the other thread about the raid. Really makes those tweets make a lot more sense in retrospect knowing what we know now. That tweet specifically weird just out of nowhere like that

Garlador

Trump is acting like a dictator and wanting total control over everything, what's new? Hasn't shithead learned yet this isn't his company? That not everyone will bend the knee for him?
Until he gets real comeuppance, he has no reason to act or believe otherwise.

I feel like I could write a program to do Trump's job in under ten lines of code. The flowchart for his heuristics couldn't have more than two branches.

zeemumu

Man, Trump would be terrible at Mafia.

FBI Director: Well I think Trump's scum

*The Following Round*

FBI Director has been killed!

Gattsu25

Banned
He does this shit as a deflection every time (regarding the transgender ban announcement) without caring about the trauma and danger he puts those very same servicemen and servicewomen through. He's a menace. We know it's a deflection because nobody else, in a position of power, had any idea what the fuck the prick was talking about and everyone proceeded to ignore him.

And then, he goes off and spits out a lie filled attack on the head of the FBI that same day.

I'm sorry but the dude is an asshole. I can't.

theWB27

He failed upwards to the presidency... Sure, he sucks, but he got bailed out of every trouble he ever had.

And its looking like Thats because he launders money. I was just saying even without the comeuppance...he has every reason not to feel like a dictator when facts are applied.

Guevara

So I think the question I have is: who was with Trump that day, who would have convinced him to ban transgender people from the military??

Shauni

He does this shit as a deflection every time (regarding the transgender ban announcement) without caring about the trauma and danger he puts those very same servicemen and servicewomen through. He's a menace. We know it's a deflection because nobody else, in a position of power, had any idea what the fuck the prick was talking about and everyone proceeded to ignore him.

And then, he goes off and spits out a lie filled attack on the head of the FBI that same day.

I'm sorry but the dude is an asshole. I can't.

It wasn't a deflection in this case because no one knew about the raid until weeks later. Unless you mean he was deflecting for himself, which I guess is... possible?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Isn't this even more evidence of obstruction of justice? Threatening an FBI director AGAIN because of them doing their job in regards to the Russia investigation

Blader

I think this is actually kind of reaching. If Trump was actually calling for McCabe's firing over the Manafort raid, he would've flat out tweeted something in Manafort's defense and/or complained about the witch hunt, not an unrelated complaint about Comey/Clinton ties.

Gattsu25

Banned
I think this is actually kind of reaching. If Trump was actually calling for McCabe's firing over the Manafort raid, he would've flat out tweeted something in Manafort's defense and/or complained about the witch hunt, not an unrelated complaint about Comey/Clinton ties.

Trump has largely distanced himself from Manafort whenever his name comes up.

(March) http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-tries-to-distance-trump-from-paul-manafort-michael-flynn/
(October) http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...n-tries-to-maintain-1477958220-htmlstory.html

Now that the news is out is it a coincidence that trump influenced national enquirer has dumped the story of manaforts sex perversions - that they had for ages, thanks to his daughters phone hack?

Top Bottom