• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Mueller told former Trump campaign chairman Manafort to expect an indictment

It is a fucking organized crime syndicate. Wait for the RICO charges and asset seizures.

didn't Bill Browder in his testimony directly name a damn syndicate that some of these pro-Putin scum probably have ties to..? Brotherhood something iirc... one of the biggest crime syndicates in the world? i may be way off base here though lol (watched the testimony tired at work).

oh man imagine..

79ccc4e3cd7bf0_full.jpg

Kasumin

This intro paragraph in particular put a smile on my face.

Paul J. Manafort was in bed early one morning in July when federal agents bearing a search warrant picked the lock on his front door and raided his Virginia home. They took binders stuffed with documents and copied his computer files, looking for evidence that Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, set up secret offshore bank accounts. They even photographed the expensive suits in his closet.

Get fucked, traitor.

Who on Mueller's team keeps leaking? I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

But anyway, GET HIM

Most of this stuff is probably coming from defense attorneys. Ben Wittes wrote an article about how to interpret the sourcing in these media reports. I don't have a link handy, and I haven't read these new articles in enough detail to guess at the sources, but you'll notice that in general, most of these articles:

A) have a lot to say about the thinking of Team Manafort/Trump/Flynn,

B) don't have much concrete info to provide about Mueller's thinking, and

C) don't specify which side of the investigation the sources are on.

RCSI

Who on Mueller's team keeps leaking? I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

But anyway, GET HIM

Just need the WP to chime in now for this gif to be appropriate.

Few people can upend Washington like a federal prosecutor rooting around a presidential administration, and Mr. Mueller, a former F.B.I. director, is known to dislike meandering investigations that languish for years.

The speed which Mueller's team is going implied by the relentless pursuit on Manafort, along with the idea of flipping people and the above quote on Mueller's dislike of long investigations stands in contrast to the idea this will take a while. At least, when compared to normal operating procedures, but by pure depth and breadth of the investigations, it will still take time.

Slime

Banned
If they had him wiretapped for that long why didn't they clue into possible interference much earlier?

It's possible his indictment doesn't have anything to do with interference.

Manafort's been up to all kinds of other shady shit.

An indictment is pretty much nothing except the state having an official legal claim it's not a slam dunk or really a win after the defense lawyers come in

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
An indictment is pretty much nothing except the state having an official legal claim it's not a slam dunk or really a win after the defense lawyers come in

You think Mueller is playing checkers here? He's playing 4D Dota.

cameron

What is this supossed to mean?
Meant it as it's too early in the week for this shit. Usually news like this drops on Friday. I was just being silly. :p

An indictment is not "pretty much nothing" in the context of Mueller’s investigation.

Slermy

Reports over the weekend are leading people to believe that part of the reason this is taking as long as it has is because Mueller is trying to build a case that Trump can't pardon them all for.

Taking long? He just started this investigation this year!

Xe4

Banned
I really hope the leaks are intentional and come from the top. If not, shame on anyone who is doing it. FFS, let the investigation happen (again, if they're not intentional).

That said, get fucked Manafort. Russian puppet POS.

Even if it doesn't reach all the way to Trump (which I have pretty conflicted feelings about), it's pretty obvious there was criminal activity going on all around him, and I hope all those other fuckers get taken out. If it does reach to Trump, take the fucker down.

Top Bottom