• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Has Finally Condemned Neo-Nazis & KKK Two Days After Neo-Nazi Kills Protester

Dehnus

Shame white supremacists are such pussies.

A few days ago he called out Trump and told him not to forget who put him in power. Now it's this

Told ya, the "including" and "such as", left plenty of room for him to still support his NAZI buddies :p.

Shoeless

Man, if those supposed racism outtakes tapes that are in Tom Arnold's possession were ever needed, it's now. The fact that even after all this they still haven't surfaced probably means they aren't real. Too bad.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
'as I said on Saturday'

Revisionist cunt

What's the reception from the Alt-right like now? They were thrilled before, will they just excuse this?

Yes. I look forward to what they think of the 'GEOTUS' now

I'm honestly surprised he was that specific.

Wonder what Nazis are saying now.

"He was forced to say it, he doesn't mean it though!"

So by their logic their idol of white masculine supremacy is really just a chump who lets the fake media bully him into saying things he doesn't mean?

Foundling

If racism is evil, but not so evil that it should prevent people from holding high-level positions in the government, what heinous acts would Sessions and Bannon have to do for Trump to fire them?

Insult his manhood, openly defy him, turn out to be the person leaking "sensitive information" such as the fact that Trump is such a pathetic loser he has to have a packet of positive news delivered every morning just to feel like less of a loser.

Actually, it's sort of surprising he hasn't already fired Sessions over the whole thing with Mueller and the investigation he totally isn't under. Maybe his aides or his family or whoever managed to intervene there, as obviously happened with this statement.

Zeta Oni

Take a step back and read what you just posted here from a neutral perspective. It's cartoonish.

We're better than this.

I don't see whats cartoonish about it.

An empty statement like this only serves to calm down people who weren't on the front lines in the first place.

An empty statement like this serves to pay lip service to those of us here who type away on keyboards hoping to make a point, so that we stay on these keyboards instead of letting the rage that was experienced two days ago carry us out in to the streets in protests.

An empty statement like this exists to give one more piece of dishonest information for his supporters to throw out in an effort to anger and confuse rather than address.

This statement is more than meaningless. It is downright hurtful to a cause I would imagine you would consider yourself agreeing with from a moral perspective, and yet here you are (not alone, of course) saying it needed to be said.

No, it needed to be said two days ago, and the only reason it was said now was because it started to look like, for a second at least, that shit was about to hit the fan in a way it hasn't in a very long time in this country.

Why the hell do you need a TelePrompTer to tell you that hatred groups are bad and should be denounced?

That's what pisses me off. He's wayyy late and a human with some decency for humanity shouldn't need a TelePrompTer to shut down hatred groups in 2017. He's just absolute trash and doesn't mean any of it by the heart.

Doesn't matter. The hardcore racists in his base heard the dogwhistle. They know he was dragged kicking and screaming to release this statement.

They know the deal.

"Racism is evil"

Five minutes later:

3mLydMU.jpg

Dehnus

I don't see whats cartoonish about it.

An empty statement like this only serves to calm down people who weren't on the front lines in the first place.

An empty statement like this serves to pay lip service to those of us here who type away on keyboards hoping to make a point, so that we stay on these keyboards instead of letting the rage that was experienced two days ago carry us out in to the streets in protests.

An empty statement like this exists to give one more piece of dishonest information for his supporters to throw out in an effort to anger and confuse rather than address.

This statement is more than meaningless. It is downright hurtful to a cause I would imagine you would consider yourself agreeing with from a moral perspective, and yet here you are (not alone, of course) saying it needed to be said.

No, it needed to be said two days ago, and the only reason it was said now was because it started to look like, for a second at least, that shit was about to hit the fan in a way it hasn't in a very long time in this country.

It is not only empty, he basically still blames the victim. He could very well have said "especially NAZIS!" and nobody would have disliked him for it in the republican base. But NOOOOPE, he is a NAZI so he has to make it sound as if the other side is just as bad. It's despicable.

I'm honestly surprised he was that specific.

Wonder what Nazis are saying now.

"He was forced to say it, he doesn't mean it though!"

I mean, gaslighting political opponents with a wink toward your allies is basically the hallmark strategy of the alt-right

kmax

The Nazis know that he isn't speaking to them. They heard him a long time ago already.

This was lies towards the general public to get off his ass.

Damaniel

Banned
Man, if those supposed racism outtakes tapes that are in Tom Arnold's possession were ever needed, it's now. The fact that even after all this they still haven't surfaced probably means they aren't real. Too bad.

We don't need them. Everyone who would be offended by what's said on those tapes already knows where Trump stands, and the people who agree with those sentiments would see it as validation that their racist hero is exactly who he says he is.

Garlador

Some of the depressed reactions to this from the alt right have been very entertaining.

Look, really, this might be the best outlook for everyone regarding Trump. Democrats and Republicans both slammed him for not staunchly disavowing the Nazis and KKK when he had the chance (multiple chances)... and now, so many days later, his words are both insincere so few believe him while at the same time he's now upset many of his white nationalist supporters by condemning them. He loses face with EVERYONE.

gabbo

They don't salute the same flag as everyone else Donnie, we saw that when they saluted the Nazi and Confederate flags on the weekend.

Azuran

Banned
He still refuses to call it a terrorist attack. It says a lot considering this is the same motherfucker who wouldn't shut up about London.

"Car attack?"

Fuck off.

It shouldn't take 2 days to prepare a half-assed statement like this. This is his second try for fucks sake so don't give him any credit. He's a racist fuck and this only appeases the dumbest political class (moderates).

He needs to fire Bannon and disassociate himself with alt-right but they are basically the only source of positive Trump "news" and opinion.

jelly

Kicking and screaming, didn't mention the new label 'Alt Right'. Also, it's clear enough to his base he doesn't mean it and it's too little too late for the President to wheel out this fake speech.

dankir

Yeah with a prepared speech because he literally couldn't say Nazi's are bad in his first attempt.

Imagine if it was a BLM members or Muslim behind the wheel? He wouldn't have stopped talking about it.

Fucking piece of trash.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Not only is it too late, he still wasn't able to denounce their support. It was weak and dishonest.

It's too late. Saturday was Trump's final chance to sound like a president. Instead, he showed that he is a Nazi sympathizer. Simple as that.

Top Bottom