• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump ponders Rudy Giuliani for attorney general

Vic_Viper

If Giuliani is brought on as AG, can he become head of the investigation basically un-requsing himself?

This would be a horrible idea nonetheless but sounds like itll be next to impossible.

jelly

Trump can't really promise anyone something good to fire Mueller. He could send some money their way but good luck with that!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He will get thrown under the bus the minute Trump needs a scapegoat for something.

Being loyal to Trump will NOT be rewarded, too few people seem to realize this.

Yup, it's pretty clear at this point that Trump demands loyalty from everyone who "works for him" (even though that's not how the presidency works) but offers absolutely none in return.

Fucking hilarious. Even Rudy wants nothing to do with this. For at least the second time.

Remember, Trump's world is shrinking.

Some allies may decide they don't feel like going into the bunker with him.

I might've missed this, but how many feet out the door is Sessions? Will he last the week?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/889467610332528641

Trump is hoping he'll quit voluntarily and Sessions ain't gonna do it, which is going to result in hilarity.

200w.gif

jelly

So, Sessions never leaves then. Talking him down isn't going to do anything. I guess if Trump does eventually fire him, he will be very worried about Mueller.

I think thats increasingly less likely the further we get into his presidency.

I would think it likely that there might be some sort of deal whereby there is some Dem votes for the appointment in return for getting the Independent Councel reinstated, particularly if they are asked point blank if they are going to interfere, say they won't, then do.

CazTGG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newt Gingrich isn't an attorney...

Not that I'd put it past Drumpf to try to appoint someone whose not a lawyer to the A.G. post..

"Lemme tell you, Kid Rock, his lyrics are smart, the very smartest, such a brilliant take on Werewolf in Paris, he would make a great attorney general. Would rock the legal world!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newt Gingrich isn't an attorney...

Not that I'd put it past Trump to try to appoint someone whose not a lawyer to the A.G. post..

It's not like any of his picks for other cabinet positions had any experience in the field they were chosen for either.

Top Bottom