• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump names Rudy Giuliani as cybersecurity adviser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Rudy is going to be the BEST against the 400 pound hackers. The BEST. Russia is going to have great respect for America after this, great I tell you. Bigly respect.

Vestal

Gold Member
Rudy is the best at information security:

tONFqyl.jpg

Might as well join the USG and Russia networks together.

Secret picture of Giuliani's Cyber desk...

0NNixT5.jpg

Ploid 3.0

(Phone conversation)
DJT ratings lord: I made sure the cyber will be defenseless.

Some fat guy who Donald think is Putin: Good.

Apathy

I just still find it funny you put this 72 year old lawyer has the with no training in computers or cyber security should be your adviser on the matter. you would think you should give posts like this to experts in that field that can keep up with changing trends and when are given reports by their subordinates they can understand it without having it dumbed down.

i guess that is just too much to ask. Guess why they are giving leadership of HUD to a neurosurgeon.

Grug

Didn't Trump initially start his campaign by pushing a leadership model that supposedly paired his managerial excellence on top of a cabinet filled by the absolutely most experienced and credentialed people for the job?

The messaging was basically "yeah I lack knowledge on most of these policy areas but I will appoint the best experts in these areas and manage the shit out of them".

So much for that. The blind leading the blind.

KingBroly

Banned
Didn't Trump initially start his campaign by pushing a leadership model that paired his managerial excellence on top of a cabinet filled by the absolutely most experienced and credentialed people for the job?

I don't know if this is an existing position or not. I feel like it's not.

I feel like this is going to be one of those situations where he "advises" something, and then whomever it's directed toward just sort of nods in agreement and then does whatever they were going to do anyway.

Derwind

Didn't Trump initially start his campaign by pushing a leadership model that supposedly paired his managerial excellence on top of a cabinet filled by the absolutely most experienced and credentialed people for the job?

It was basically "yeah I lack knowledge on most of these policy areas but I will appoint the best experts in these areas and manage the shit out of them".

So much for that. The blind leading the blind.

Well if you look at it another way, these are the best experts for these positions he's been appointing, there expertise just happens to be that they're the most qualified to be shit at their jobs.

Beartruck

We can only hope these people are so inexperienced at their jobs that they spend 4 years george costanza-ing it up while the government trucks along like normal.

Speevy

Banned
He's getting better. At least he didn't choose someone who wants the thing they're supposed to be preventing, right?

The Washington Post said:
President-elect Donald Trump named former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani as an informal adviser on cybersecurity, according to the presidential transition office.

Giuliani, who heads a cybersecurity consulting firm Giuliani Partners, will serve as an adviser on finding solutions to cyber-incursions in the private sector and to advise the government on possible responses.

Have you seen the website for Giuliani Partners?
It's nonsense. For added fun, click on "Security Services" in the top right.

Link to Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom