• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump...(sigh)...President Elect Trump Criticizes SNL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

SOURCE

Variety said:
President-elect Donald Trump has taken to Twitter once again to slam “Saturday Night Live,” calling the NBC show “one-sided” and “biased.”

President Elect Trump said:
“I watched parts of @nbcsnl Saturday Night Live last night. It is a totally one-sided, biased show – nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?”

Alec Baldwin responds...

Alec Baldwin said:
Equal time? Election is over. There is no more equal time. Now u try 2 b Pres + ppl respond. That’s pretty much it.

Alec Balwin said:
You know what I would do if I were Prez? I'd be focused on how to improve the lives of AS MANY AMERICANS AS POSSIBLE.

Alec Balwin said:
I'd be focused on improving our reputation abroad, including actually fighting for freedom and not just oil.

Alec Baldwin said:
I would make every effort 2 retrain Americans so 2 cre8 jobs.
1 way u make America gr8 again is 2 put it back 2 work.

Alec Baldwin said:
I would make appointments that encouraged people, not generate fear and doubt.

Empty

poor man genuinely thought winning the presidential election would finally earn him the respect of new york cultural elites - his twitter tantrums about the new york times, hamilton & saturday night live are all about this. he's a strange person.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think Trump will last four years if this keeps up. Even his own people and supporters will get tired of him quick.

PopeReal

At some point do Trump supporters realize that he has no fucking idea how to be an elected official of any kind?

He is so lost. He is just continuing to campaign.

I don't think Trump will last four years if this keeps up. Even his own people and supporters will get tired of him quick.

He could be the first modern president to start with a below 50 approval rating. The last two weeks have been so petty and he is back tracking on the whole draining the swamp and assigning divisive individuals to his cabinet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't think I've ever seen a President or President Elect complain about satire against them before, especially openly. Doing it on Twitter is like issuing a press release to millions of people at this point. How bizarre. Just really fucking bizarre.

I'm surprised he even has time to worry about this kinda stuff. You know, with transition going on and all...I don't even know what to say anymore.

Breads

Banned
Comedy is often done at the expense of another.

In this case we have the president elect of the united states of america crying about being oppressed by a late night comedy show.

Boem

You know how they're putting all of Obama's tweets into the official archives when he leaves, just like they did with other more traditional correspondence back in the day?

One day, Trumps tweets will be kept among the words of Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, Obama, Kennedy, etc.

Some part of me honestly believes that Trump can be easily swayed at this point. He doesn't strike me as someone who cares about issues, he cares about being loved. The victory tour, the immediate strikes the moment someone criticizes or makes fun of him. He's a child.

The problem is, of course, that he has surrounded himself with the worst people imaginable for all his time. Obama, if you're reading this (I know you're a Gaffer), give him some moving (bullshit) speech about how he might be remembered as the best president of all time, but that he's going around it the wrong way. All those millions of people (both national and international) hating him right now could be easily swayed. Just dump everyone around you, get some sane people, and basically ride 4 years out without trying to mess up everything Obama set into motion. It's easy, stress free, and most of the voices shouting at him would quiet down. I'm sure he would be easily influenced like that - the man gets all his world news from Twitter for Christ's sake.

Trump is a dumbass and probably wants to destroy me for saying that. Oh wait, he nominated 5 white supremacist in his cabinet. Job already done.

MIMIC

Banned
Four years of the President ignoring real problems, but tweeting about the people who made fun of him.

Awesome

At some point do Trump supporters realize that he has no fucking idea how to be an elected official of any kind?

He is so lost. He is just continuing to campaign.

Trump supporters themselves have no fucking idea. They voted for him hoping he could come up with something resembling a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom