• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump...(sigh)...President Elect Trump Criticizes SNL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

Oh my.

Do you think it's starting to sink in a little bit that Clinton will be forgotten in a few weeks and he's going to be absorbing 100% of the criticism and derision of most of the entire nation with no opponent to deflect it off onto?
Nah. Anyone who doesn't like him is the problem. SNL. The media. Protesters. Over half the country. Worst case they'll just completely make up an enemy. People will still eat this shit up.

Oh my.

Do you think it's starting to sink in a little bit that Clinton will be forgotten in a few weeks and he's going to be absorbing 100% of the criticism and derision of most of the entire nation with no opponent to deflect it off onto?

Not even just the US, he's a gift to comedians worldwide.

Macam

Banned
Has Charlie Hebdo done anything on him yet?

I'd love to be in the room when that lands on his desk.

That won't matter. I get the sense that Trump is a mainstream sort of media junkie. It's on late, it used to be really popular, and he probably makes a habit of watching it. SNL may have a strange sort of pseudo-direct line to irritating the living shit outta him, especially if they keep Baldwin in they role.

Kozak

Banned
Alec Baldwin is a lot cooler than I thought.

Like, I thought he was cool before but now I feel like we could be good buddies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Did you also notice in that same Hamilton thread that people mentioned Trump has been doing this petty act for years? Since I can remember in the 80's. This isn't some master stroke to play the media. This is just who he is. Always has been. The public isn't confused by this at all.
I think they are. People keep saying he's a thin skinned baby when in reality he knows exactly what he's doing. A master manipulator, its how he got voted in after all. He's distracting from the TrumpU story and his cabinet picks and the media has once again fallen in line. The show must go on.

Aww, what's the matter Trump, need a safe space for that fragile ego of yours? I'm sure he has plenty of places to hide from the big bad SNL writers and the cast of Hamilton.

He's going to need to put a face on it.

That's the whole point of the President: putting a face on the federal government. Having one, singular person the mob can point to and shout, "He failed me! He did the wrong thing! He's the one at fault!" That's the job Trump unwittingly signed up for.

He can try to deflect onto groups, but it's a soft deflection. The only way a President has honestly ever managed to deflect successfully is with a full-on boogeyman (communism/Russia, Osama Bin Laden, etc.). He's going to have to manufacture himself an "enemy", and it's going to have to be one big enough that the question of, "Well, why don't you just do something about him/her?" isn't too easy to answer. (In other words, it can't just be the leader of a protest movement or Anita Sarkeesian or whoever disagrees with him but is on a scale far too small to be taken seriously in this regard.)

I mean, even Obama dealt with this. "Thanks, Obama!" isn't just a meme, it's a pretty accurate reflection of the way people treat the President of the US as an anthropomorphic avatar of all their problems.

Deflect the blame onto a different group of people, huh?

Our Dear Leader is a way ahead of you on that one.

If the Dems had any sense they'd be working on a hashtag that will get under Trump's skin. Seems to be the best tactic. Work hard enough and I bet he'll freak out and do something to get himself impeached.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Wow. You know you're in the fucking twilight zone when Alec Baldwin is schooling you on how to be a better man, person, and president, to the fucking president himself. Nothing but daggers of soul poisoning ether and truth. Shame our president doesn't have a soul or conscience.

Dalek

Alec Baldwin fucking lighting up on Twitter. Regardless of what you think of the guy his balls are massive.

Meanwhile, Alec's brother Stephen Baldwin

UoX3BAG.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Comedians are fucked because Trump already delivers all the comedy himself.

Even when they try to come up with ways to satirize him, it all sounds like something that could actually happen, and just makes everyone more depressed.

lupinko

He's an egotist.

He can't take criticism.

I hope SNL opens with Trump skits EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Just to shove it up his ass.

Well I'm sure they will regardless because they always did in the past (Carvey HW Bush, Hartmann/Hammond Clinton, Ferrel W Bush and Armisen Obama, I don't know who did Obama after Armisen left because I stopped watching new SNL by that time).

I like Alec Baldwin's Trump and I guess it fits it better now given the times but Darrell Hammond Trump was GOAT.

Though Darrell Hammond can pull off just about anyone. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom