• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump...(sigh)...President Elect Trump Criticizes SNL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point do Trump supporters realize that he has no fucking idea how to be an elected official of any kind?

He is so lost. He is just continuing to campaign.

What if all his tweets are just to distract liberals with unimportant stuff so he can do all the things he wants to while everyone is arguing about how dumb he is.

joe2187

Banned
tumblr_mf1id6zBbQ1rjs4q3o1_500.gif

Oh my.

Do you think it's starting to sink in a little bit that Clinton will be forgotten in a few weeks and he's going to be absorbing 100% of the criticism and derision of most of the entire nation with no opponent to deflect it off onto?

I need a sketch where another Trump is doing a sketch while Baldwin Trump is watching and losing it while his staffers can't keep a straight face and laugh at him being a child.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Oh my.

Do you think it's starting to sink in a little bit that Clinton will be forgotten in a few weeks and he's going to be absorbing 100% of the criticism and derision of most of the entire nation with no opponent to deflect it off onto?

He can always deflect it onto the GOP establishment.

KqGSpUu.gif

Jonogunn

The trump skits are why I watch SNL more often these days

Like another poster said. I hope they make fun of him weekly.

Remember kids, no comedy team ever makes fun of the President. It'd just be biased and unfair. That's why no one ever made fun of Clinton, Bush or Obama.

do I even need the /s

Trying to stop the world from criticizing you and making fun of you when you're Fucking President of the Goddamn United States is about as futile as it gets.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The obvious reply would be "If everyone practiced equal time then you wouldn't have been elected.".

HotHamBoy

Did you also notice in that same Hamilton thread that people mentioned Trump has been doing this petty act for years? Since I can remember in the 80's. This isn't some master stroke to play the media. This is just who he is. Always has been. The public isn't confused by this at all.

I have no doubt that he has always been a petty, insecure, egomaniac. But he found a strategy during this election that perfectly worked in favor of his behavior.

He isn't going to stop because it worked so well during his campaign.

He can always deflect it onto the GOP establishment.

KqGSpUu.gif

He's going to need to put a face on it.

That's the whole point of the President: putting a face on the federal government. Having one, singular person the mob can point to and shout, "He failed me! He did the wrong thing! He's the one at fault!" That's the job Trump unwittingly signed up for.

He can try to deflect onto groups, but it's a soft deflection. The only way a President has honestly ever managed to deflect successfully is with a full-on boogeyman (communism/Russia, Osama Bin Laden, etc.). He's going to have to manufacture himself an "enemy", and it's going to have to be one big enough that the question of, "Well, why don't you just do something about him/her?" isn't too easy to answer. (In other words, it can't just be the leader of a protest movement or Anita Sarkeesian or whoever disagrees with him but is on a scale far too small to be taken seriously in this regard.)

I mean, even Obama dealt with this. "Thanks, Obama!" isn't just a meme, it's a pretty accurate reflection of the way people treat the President of the US as an anthropomorphic avatar of all their problems.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I refuse to believe that acting emotionally unbalanced and petty is some kind of brilliant and effective strategy for distracting the electorate. Trump's call for deportation and immigration suspension are the exact things that propelled the successful Brexit referendum. Farage and Boris, while unpopular with the left, didn't have Trump's temperament or scandals. What they did have, was the exact same main message -something that's not confusing or distracting at all for anyone.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I have no doubt that he has always been a petty, insecure, egomaniac. But he found a strategy during this election that perfectly worked in favor of his behavior.

He isn't going to stop because it worked so well during his campaign.

No, he hasn't found any strategy. It's just how he is. Now, you can argue that the current political climate is ripe for exactly these sort of reactions, but for Trump it wouldn't matter if it hurt him or not. He would continue to spout off regardless. I would say he has finally benefitted from a confluence of assholes that lap this shit up quicker than Pavlov's dogs and vote equally as well.

mj1108

Oh my.

I don't think he's even thought about that. I get the feeling he is still in campaign mode where it's him and Hillary.

He really didn't want this job at all and it shows.

daveo42

Banned
Just because you are president doesn't mean people can't satire you anymore. Prepare for a whole hell of a lot more scrutiny over the next four years buddy.

As for him having the time to lash out on twitter, a bit of good news/bad news. Trump won't be running the country at all. He'll be a puppet to help distract everyone from what Pence and the cabinet are doing behind the scenes. We cannot lose site of that. That big orange oaf is nothing but a diversion.

I wonder if Trump thought winning the election and becoming President would erase all those years of being shunned by those childhood Manhatten socialites he grew up around.

Only, he will likely become further mocked by their kids via instagram, rather than in the middle of a debutante ball or gathering.

I wonder if they would use a tag like #KingofQueens?

Also, what are the odds if Trump realizes Putin and China are likely following his Twitter account due to the likelihood of him revealing a covert op as a way of boasting how "great" he is.

A trojan friend request of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom