• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Solidifies Lead Over GOP Rivals in First States to Vote (NBC/WSJ poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

It's pretty outrageous how I'm actually happy (relatively speaking) to see Trump in the lead for the Repub primary just due to how utterly fucking abhorrent Cruz is.

I really have to renew my passport, though. I have friends in Canada and the UK I will definitely be wanting to make extended visits to if either of those fucking clowns actually manage to become president.

I feel like scientists from various disciplines need to study the effect Cruz has on people. He is pretty much hated by people almost on a genetic level.

Raxus

This is seriously the best the Republican Party can do?

They are melting down over this in the ultimate reap what you sow candidate.
I feel like scientists from various disciplines need to study the effect Cruz has on people. He is pretty much hated by people almost on a genetic level.

I have yet to see someone so universally hated. It is like he gives off a pheromone to hate him. Makes you wonder how he got elected.

Slayven

They are melting down over this in the ultimate reap what you sow candidate.

I have yet to see someone so universally hated. It is like he gives off a pheromone to hate him. Makes you wonder how he got elected.

From what I understand he rode the Tea Party wave and snuck in while Dems and the GOP were both talking about how they don't fuck with Obama

jmdajr

Trump taps the right's anger against Fox

Despite its reputation as a right-wing media network, it has long endured attacks from those who believe it is not conservative enough, although now that fault-line is being exposed in a dramatic way.

Hard-right conservatives still have a few heroes on Fox News, including Sean Hannity and Eric Bolling. But for many, the familiar stable of contributors is starkly at odds with their worldview.

This is nuts.

Where do you go from here?

Blader

I'm amazed that Kasich-mentum is actually happening in NH.

He could actually finish in third depending on how Iowa turns out.

No idea how Cruz is managing a second place spot in NH right now, but it's only a tiny lead over Rubio and Kasich. If Cruz loses in Iowa, I could see that dampening his NH push just enough to bump Rubio to second and get Kasich in at third.

And hopefully push out Christie for good.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've hung out on FreeRepublic and Breitbart for a long time, and CNN isn't making it up. A portion of the GOP base has long thought that Fox News is entirely too liberal.

Those people think any network that doesn't have a program called "Let's kill the muslim nigger president" is too liberal, though. There is literally no earthly way for reality to be any version of what they think it should be (thankfully).

I checked out freerepublic a bit during the most recent round of SCOTUS decisions. It sure was something.

Game Guru

Those people think any network that doesn't have a program called "Let's kill the muslim nigger president" is too liberal, though. There is literally no earthly way for reality to be any version of what they think it should be (thankfully).

I checked out freerepublic a bit during the most recent round of SCOTUS decisions. It sure was something.

This is true. What is also apparently true is that there is sadly enough of these people to make Trump the Republican nominee.

boiled goose

good with gravy
This is true. What is also apparently true is that there is sadly enough of these people to make Trump the Republican nominee.

Conservative folks are on to something when they feel the media is biased against them.

They think it's because it's liberal but it's really because it's for the political establishment, the wealthy, and corporations.

Msnbc liberal? Hahahaha. Isn't morning Joe one of their more popular shows?

Kusagari

What the fuck does the establishment even do if we somehow end up with these results:

Iowa:
1. Trump
2. Cruz
3. Carson

NH:
1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Cruz

Do they abandon all hope in Rubio?

entremet

That party of purity tests is getting out purity tested.

It's hilarious to see.

"Fox ain't conservative enough!"

Reminds me of the RINO days that drove out the moderates.

Blader

What the fuck does the establishment even do if we somehow end up with these results:

Iowa:
1. Trump
2. Cruz
3. Carson

NH:
1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Cruz

Do they abandon all hope in Rubio?

No, because Cruz, Carson and I'm assuming Kasich (unless he has one hell of a ground game in the works we don't know about) all have very limited reach beyond those states. Unless Rubio finishes in like 5th or 6th place, he wouldn't be done yet.

Nameless

Trump's success actually gives me a modicum of hope that Republicans are at least capable of some level of out-of-the-box thinking, however misused it is this time around. He's by far a lesser evil than two slime covered scumholes like Rubio and Cruz who in a lot of ways epitomize the modern GOP.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Trump's success actually gives me a modicum of hope that Republicans are at least capable of some level of out-of-the-box thinking, however misused it is this time around. He's by far a lesser evil than two slime covered scumholes like Rubio and Cruz who in a lot of ways epitomize the modern GOP.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom