• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

I'm not a huge fan of American football but tune into games from time to time, Baltimore v Jacksonville is the London game today. Do we expect any player to take the knee in this game?

I'm sure they will. There's usually a couple of people from each team that have been doing it, and that was before the a white supremacist president called them sons of bitches.

faint.

(real) Patriots statement
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/911935160114958336
DKfYMTrX0AAnKs3.jpg:orig

Slightly biased since I'm a big Patriots fan, but this was a solid response. Given that Kraft is a big supporter of Trump and donated who knows what to his campaign, it's nice to see him calling him out. Sad that owners and teams even have to release statements like this. Just goes to show the world Trump has us living in.

JettDash

So NFL vs Trump, will be interesting.

The NFL already beat him once when he tried to bully his way in by buying a USFL team and getting the rest of the owners to agree to his plan of moving the games from the spring to the fall and then filing an anti trust suit against the NFL. He thought he could strong arm the NFL into agreeing to a merger or at least offering a big settlement. The NFL opted for a trial. Trump and the USFL ended up winning it. And the jury awarded them a grand total of $3. That was the end of the USFL.

The Llama

On Sportscenter, Schefter just said the Eagles players were going to lock arms before the game, or something like that.

The NFL already beat him once when he tried to bully his way in by buying a USFL team and getting the rest of the owners to agree to his plan of moving the games from the spring to the fall and then filing an anti trust suit against the NFL. He thought he could strong arm the NFL into agreeing to a merger or at least offering a big settlement. The NFL opted for a trial. Trump and the USFL ended up winning it. And the jury awarded them a grand total of $3. That was the end of the USFL.

They actually awarded $1, but antitrust laws triple the damages so they ended up with $3 LOL.

Kusagari

It's hilarious when Kraft puts out a better statement than Lurie.

Of course Eagles players will just lock arms after that pathetic statement he put out.

I'm sure they will. There's usually a couple of people from each team that have been doing it, and that was before the a white supremacist president called them sons of bitches.

Thanks, I'll be tuning in today then. Would give it more of an international eye if a player does it before this game I would say.

The Llama

It's hilarious when Kraft puts out a better statement than Lurie.

Of course Eagles players will just lock arms after that pathetic statement he put out.

Regardless of anything going on now, Lurie has always been a bit of a jerk. My neighbor growing up was his half-brother and Lurie would never give him free (or even discounted) tickets to games lol... Hardly the worst thing in the world to not give free tickets to a family member, but it's always shaped my perception of him.

So at this point, what do you want owners to say?

I mean, if you don't believe them when they make statements in support, then what's the point in them saying anything?
They can just shut up? Leave the activism to NBA or others that actually care and aren’t just speaking up to save their tanking ratings.

Robert Kraft is probably gonna donate $500k to the Trump foundation later this year. Fuck his bullshit and any other owner that wants to speak out

Kap should have a job. The whole reason this is even this big is because the NFL blackballed him. So yeah, stfu and keep supporting trump and stop acting like you care

They can just shut up? Leave the activism to NBA or others that actually care and aren’t just speaking up to save their tanking ratings.

Robert Kraft is probably gonna donate $500k to the Trump foundation later this year. Fuck his bullshit and any other owner that wants to speak out

Fuck their bullshit for speaking out.

Okay then.

xfactor99

I’m assuming most networks zoom in on the flag during the anthem, Trump finds a stadium where week-over-week attendance is down and claims victory, and it’s never brought up again. I hope I’m wrong, but this is usually how his temper tantrums go.

In my experience, during every national anthem where a player has protested, the camera has panned over them but the broadcast has not lingered over it. So look for it, networks are invested in the controversy after all

So at this point, what do you want owners to say?

I mean, if you don't believe them when they make statements in support, then what's the point in them saying anything?

Actions portray true intentions, words mean nothing when your past actions do not support what you're saying.

It's not about the way the flag is treated, but that this is explicitly a form of protest.

It's less that, and more what is being protested, and who the people are that are doing the protesting.

A country that is built on black oppression will always rise up to defend it.

RPGCrazied

Trump is such a baby. I hope whole teams start kneeling to piss off Trump. Trump shouldn't get to say stuff like this. This is what dictators do.

It's not about the way the flag is treated, but that this is explicitly a form of protest.

That's true, but the irony is that violating the flag code means you're actually breaking the law, it just happens that nobody enforces it, whereas not standing isn't a violation. I just find it incredibly amusing that people are getting worked up about this when a lot of them are guilty of doing 'disrespectful' things with the flag that are actually breaking the law.

Top Bottom