• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

nicolajNN

'Hawks showing Steelers how it's done
DKg2ZqfUEAAqA2I.jpg:large

RDreamer

Geeze, local news place posted the Packers statement and the comments are just a bloodbath of stupid. One lady says with this statement she's going to quit watching because they got into politics and "went the way of the Dixie chicks" now lmao.

God I hope Rodgers kneels.

j-wood

Seahawks sitting out completely, and actually doing it for the right reasons instead of the “not participating in politics” bullshit.

Titans doing the same. Team put out a statement though saying they still respect the military and aren’t being unpatriotic. Makes sense considering where the team is.

This whole shit about he flag = military respect has to stop. We should be doing something SEPARATE for the military to show appreciation and then that axes this entire ducking problem the right has because no one is doing this because they want to disrespect our service men and women.

Kusagari

It's hilarious how all these guys do is throw around how the military died for our freedom. But then they want to police the same freedom that they died for. I guess freedom only matters if you're being patriotic.

He's really very worked up about this, isn't he?

This is surreal.

He hates that he can't get people to do what he says. The fact that he mentioned owners in that speech in Alabama shows that he fully expected them to side with him. And yet it didn't work. It actually backfired as more people than ever have taken a knee and we've even seen owners come out and lock arms with players.

Geeze, local news place posted the Packers statement and the comments are just a bloodbath of stupid. One lady says with this statement she's going to quit watching because they got into politics and "went the way of the Dixie chicks" now lmao.

I hope he does too. He posted this on his Instagram this morning.

Pyrokai

Has any team come out and ALL kneeled, white and black? I would just love to see that. I don't follow the NFL but this story is permeating way beyond sports and I was just curious.

JettDash

Trump is an idiot for thinking that NFL owners would cut players for protesting just because he's the president and he said that's what they should do.

It's hilarious how all these guys do is throw around how the military died for our freedom. But then they want to police the same freedom that they died for. I guess freedom only matters if you're being patriotic.

Freedom only matters when you're holding modern day Klan rallies and Nazi parades with your fellow fine and classy people.

Has any team come out and ALL kneeled, white and black? I would just love to see that. I don't follow the NFL but this story is permeating way beyond sports and I was just curious.

The closest you'll get is what the Seahawks are doing by not coming out at all for the anthem.

You know what? I'll say it. Nationalism is stupid. Symbols are stupid. The point of a state should be to protect and benefit its citizens, not require their abject and unquestioning reverence.

God, when will humans grow up?

I’ve always felt this way as well. Like I am happy to live in this country, but with a past as dodgy as ours and the injustices that still run rampant today, I find it hard to be too patriotic/celebratory. Freedom and equality is much more than fighting wars abroad and protecting us from attacks on our soil, and we frankly suck at progressing social justice at anything more than a glacial pace. Also the uber patriotic I’ve found are very nostalgic of a bygone era where the status quo was segregation and people in their “rightful place”. MAGA is straight up saying take us back to the 50s and 60s. So these “patriots” really wants us to revert back to decades of any progress and what our men and women have fought to protect. Really doesn’t make me want stand for the flag if that’s the direction they want to go.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seahawks sitting out completely, and actually doing it for the right reasons instead of the “not participating in politics” bullshit.

Pete Carroll also pointed out this morning that this should be a great reminder for kids about why Kaep was protesting in the first place.

Red

This is surreal.
What patriotic American wouldn’t be worked up bout all those black fellas stepping out of line?
Pete Carroll also pointed out this morning that this should be a great reminder for kids about why Kaep was protesting in the first place.
Yeah, I hope that isn’t lost during all of this. It’s such a finely honed confirmation.

This is surreal.

I am somewhat convinced that this is how he gets off. Jerking off to his own tweets because we all know Melania closed her borders to him long ago. Which may be another source of why he wants a wall for everyone else, to avenge his own personal one.

I hope he does too. He posted this on his Instagram this morning.
Waiting for that game to start. I super respect Rodgers. Has always been a super classy duder, and now this,especially playing for the most midwest team in the midwest.

I think if he takes the lead as a role model, I think a lot of fans will follow, some say they won't, but still will quietly.

Am a little confounded by people arguing that the field isn't a place for politics. If that's true then surely what they're arguing is that the anthem shouldn't be played before games?

Red

Am a little confounded by people arguing that the field isn't a place for politics. If that's true then surely what they're arguing is that the anthem shouldn't be played before games?
Didn’t you hear? It’s only politics when it annoys conservative America.

Sorry, the beat writer that tweeted about Alex Smith seems to have been wrong. It was Travis Kelce not Alex Smith.

Peters, Houston, and Chris Conley did kneel though.

Marcus Peters has been the only Chief sitting out the anthem, and has taken the brunt of bullshit from these idiots.

Earlier in the day Clark Hunt, the Chiefs owner, put out an incredibly milquetoast "both sides" statement, which I expected, but still hate.

EDIT: turns out it was Kelce, not Smith that knelt.

bozeman

If Packer fans want to stop going to games, there's plenty of people who'll take their tickets. My friend has been on the waiting list for over 20 years. He's around 12,500 in line.

Top Bottom