• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Measley

He cares more about brown people defying him than brown folks dying.

Who is shocked by this?

I can think of one person....

220px-Geraldo_Rivera_at_White_House_%285682334468%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Nothing Trump or the anti-kneeling brigade say means anything, when you remember that they're ok with morons marching up and down with confederate flags. How the fuck are you going to talk about disrespect for you military, veterans, and star spangled banner, when you allow and call confederate flag waving supremists "decent folks"? You aren't fooling anyone with your hypocrisy 45 and friends.

Oh and I was incredibly disappointed by Tom Brady's post game interview. Your team owner straight up called out Trump, and you keep deflected every question in regards to his comments. I hope Gisele slaps some sense in to you.

Slayven

The funniest thing, if he hadn't said anything a few people would have kneel and it would only been filler for slow news days on sports blogs.

Now it will be an all week thing because the games are still trash and no players have fucked up off the field that much.

I am sure Jason Whitlock, Charles Barkley, Ray Rice(i know he knelt), and others are planning an emergency Good Ones meeting to see how they will shit on black people.

Word is KD has a second burner locked and loaded

J-Rzez

What % of your income do you donate towards groups that aim to tackle systemic racism in policing?

We donate to the foundations that supported my wife's sister who is special needs for what they did for her in the past. They help people, equally regardless of color.

I don't really care if some sports fans want a safe space where they can't be confronted with the consequences of their votes and apathy. And I'm unconvinced the argument is anything other than poorly concealed concern trolling anyway.

It's another variation of "Shut up or we'll get more Trump" which ignores the actual reasons Trump won and his consistently falling numbers. In short, bullshit.

You can plug your fingers in your ears yelling la-la-la all you want because you think you know exactly the actual reasons, but if you're dismissing this, you don't know it all.

I mean in a past thread the dude said he views protesters as human garbage because they don't "move society forward to a harmonious state".

Naw. See someone called me a racist cop (which I guess its open fair game against people that don't lean one way or the other, lol). That was my response to that. Not the protesters. Continue on with your witch hunt and doing what others have been doing that IN PART lost the last election. It worked out well in the past right?

So im sure people read how a BLM group recently spoke at a trump rally right? They were booed until they said they love the country and just would like to see some changes in which they drew cheers. Doing things against the flag doesn't show you love the country exactly. Disagree with politics all you want, don't hate the country you live in. If you do, there's easier ways to ensure a change in life.

Slayven

We donate to the foundations that supported my wife's sister who is special needs for what they did for her in the past. They help people, equally regardless of color.

You can plug your fingers in your ears yelling la-la-la all you want because you think you know exactly the actual reasons, but if you're dismissing this, you don't know it all.

Naw. See someone called me a racist cop (which I guess its open fair game against people that don't lean one way or the other, lol). That was my response to that. Not the protesters. Continue on with your witch hunt and doing what others have been doing that IN PART lost the last election. It worked out well in the past right?

So im sure people read how a BLM group recently spoke at a trump rally right? They were booed until they said they love the country and just would like to see some changes in which they drew cheers. Doing things against the flag doesn't show you love the country exactly. Disagree with politics all you want, don't hate the country you live in. If you do, there's easier ways to ensure a change in life.

Hmmmmm, interesting line. Do you know think stopping police violence doesn't help everybody?

FuturusX

Nope. His Central Park 5, Discriminatory business practices, birther shit and Mexico comments cemented that.

I think the jury is still out on whether he's a real racist though. All of that just makes him an asshole. But together is not unequivocal proof that he's a racist right?

Maybe that's supposed to be a performance for people who haven't been here long or paid attention to previous posts in race-related threads, I dunno

No one else would be fooled

I think the jury is still out on whether he's a real racist though. All of that just makes him an asshole. But together is not unequivocal proof that he's a racist right?

Who's jury?

slit

Ironically Trump is doing more to damage the stupid anthem than anyone else. He'll keep fueling the fire and getting pro athletes so pumped up to not stand or just not come out until it's over, they'll just stop playing the thing before athletic events completely.

Don't be so naive, man.

How about retweeting racist propaganda?

th

Who retweets nonsense like that unless ones a bigot themselves?

Enzom21

What would he have to say or do for someone like yourself to consider him a racist?
Edit: The problem with satire at this point, it sounds too much like reality.

You say kneeling shows hatred for your country but many of the players have stated repeatedly that they do this in order to make the country better and more equitable to all of its citizens. This is not a flag burning you're talking about. Does dodging the draft show hatred for your country? Is praising Julian Assange showing hatred for your country? Would claiming that there are very fine people at nazi rallies be considered hating your country considering how much we have sacrificed fighting nazism? These are all things Donald Trump has done in the past.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The federal government sued him for discriminatory practices in regards to black and Latino tenants on some of his properties. You're trolling right?

Ponn

Banned
The funniest thing, if he hadn't said anything a few people would have kneel and it would only been filler for slow news days on sports blogs.

Now it will be an all week thing because the games are still trash and no players have fucked up off the field that much.

I am sure Jason Whitlock, Charles Barkley, Ray Rice(i know he knelt), and others are planning an emergency Good Ones meeting to see how they will shit on black people.

Word is KD has a second burner locked and loaded

Trump is Sasuke, the villain we need to unite us. God bless his sacrifice.

FuturusX

Don't be so naive, man.

How about retweeting racist propaganda?

Who retweets nonsense like that unless ones a bigot themselves?

An honest mistake, I'm sure.

Oh wait I forgot to throw in the /s.

Central Park 5 alone is proof enough. It was a poor attempt at sarcasm on my behalf, directed at all the - I need more proof Trump is racist - crowd.

Central Park 5 alone is proof enough. It was a poor attempt at sarcasm on my behalf, directed at all the - I need more proof Trump is racist - crowd.

Oh lol

Well, in a thread with a racist cop telling people to leave the country if they're not willing to lay down for systemic racism one can never be sure

Enzom21

They booed even when they said they loved this country. They booed and said they were lying when the BLM speaker said they didn't hate cops, they only want to get rid of the bad ones like you.

Regardless of what BLM does, you and your ilk will always dislike them.

Mahonay

Banned

lol god damn it.

Yes sadly /s is needed, although it shouldn't be.

I'll

Why did you ignore my question? What are you doing about SYSTEMIC racism? What are you doing about racism in the criminal justice system.

Do you know what it is? Or is it that you think it doesn't exist?

Tcab96

Does anyone really think that Trump isn't going to tweet out the N-word at some point in his term?

I don't think he will, but he's managed to surprised before so who knows. Even if he does, I bet we'd see a similar defense like we did with Pewdiepie. I saw people arguing that because Pewdiepie didn't know whether or not the guy was black, it wasn't racist. That it was just another insult like faggot or asshole. Or that shit about giving power to the word by being offended by it.

Maybe if he very specifically refers to a black person as a nigger we'll see some results, but even then, I don't have much faith in this country that it'll properly make him face some form of consequences.

FuturusX

Oh lol

Well, in a thread with a racist cop telling people to leave the country if they're not willing to lay down for systemic racism one can never be sure

Yeah my bad, I'm just emotionally exhausted in witnessing all the wasted energy we have expend dealing with the sleepwalkers wanting to debate that which is patently clear.

We have a white nationalist, sexual predator demagogue as the leader of the planet's most powerful nation, this is without question.

besada

Banned

No one's putting their fingers in their ears except the sad sacks who want their sports games to be a safe space. It's not that I didn't hear or understand your argument, it's that it's bullshit that you in no way even attempted to support beyond an appeal to your own authority.
See someone called me a racist cop (which I guess its open fair game against people that don't lean one way or the other, lol).
No, just against cops who continually take the side of racists, like you.

Sianos

did anyone ever deliver on a more peaceful method of protesting than kneeling?

the kneeling is even being performed in a spatial separated location only accessible to trained professionals so that there isn't even a threat of nana ruth accidentally being struck by the kneeling motion, falling, and breaking her hip

Slayven

No one's putting their fingers in their ears except the sad sacks who want their sports games to be a safe space. It's not that I didn't hear or understand your argument, it's that it's bullshit that you in no way even attempted to support beyond an appeal to your own authority.

How can I respect the country if am not allowed to exorcise the rights afforded to me by being a citizen of the country?

It's an asinine argument at best

the kneeling is even being performed in a spatial separated location only accessible to trained professionals so that there isn't even a threat of nana ruth accidentally being struck by the kneeling motion, falling, and breaking her hip

It really doesn't matter how meek or benign the act itself is, including a raised fist. It's about the dissent.

J-Rzez

They booed even when they said they loved this country. They booed and said they were lying when the BLM speaker said they didn't hate cops, they only want to get rid of the bad ones like you.

Regardless of what BLM does, you and your ilk will always dislike them.

So, you're saying I'm a bad cop? Listen, you obviously don't know me in real life. But because you don't agree with me on my opinions on an off-topic forum within a gaming forum doesn't make me a bad cop. That I respect all as equals unless you are a scumbag criminal, then I don't discriminate because trash comes in every color. But this is all you're capable of doing I guess, just direct attacks.

Until you accept and recognize all viewpoints and stances of people, enjoy the losing streak.

wandering

Banned
True. But when the DoD and National Guard pay the NFL to fly the colors and force players onto the field, they don't like the "disrespect" of people not falling into Paid Patriotism.

It blew my mind when I learned about that. It's not even a real tradition, it's a part of the military industrial complex.

Slayven

So, you're saying I'm a bad cop? Listen, you obviously don't know me in real life. But because you don't agree with me on my opinions on an off-topic forum within a gaming forum doesn't make me a bad cop. That I respect all as equals unless you are a scumbag criminal, then I don't discriminate because trash comes in every color. But this is all you're capable of doing I guess, just direct attacks.

Until you accept and recognize all viewpoints and stances of people, enjoy the losing streak.

Always your goto

"Tolerate the racism and bigotry or get more racism and bigotry"

Why you feel the need racism and bigotry has to be tolerated and catered to by the marginalized?

Mathieran

Banned

They just end up moving the goal posts. First it's find something less disruptive than blocking traffic, then something more peaceful like kneeling shouldn't happen during a game because politics shouldn't be mixed with a game. They will only be content when we are staging sit ins in our living rooms.

If you allow bad cops to dictate how your department and union come across, then yes.

Top Bottom