• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

SKINNER!

Banned
Anyway, as a european this whole thing is a bit weird. First of all, why do you have the national anthem playing before a game at all? We only play national anthems when two countries meet in a sport, not on club level.

This is especially weird when the NFL games in the London have both the UK and USA national anthems before their games.

shiba5

I don't understand why this is so fucking big deal for this orange shit stain and his audience

being so fucking angry over silence protest gesture

why.. WHY

This was posted on the last page. It nails it:

"But Trump wouldn’t have said it if it had nothing to do with race. His policy agenda is stalled; his relationship with congressional leaders is non-existent; the Mueller investigation looms. In these moments, Trump has always retreated back to what got him here: ginning up the grievances of a disaffected white base while cloaking himself in a crude patriotism. This was the story of Trump the candidate and it’s the story of Trump the president as well."

JFC. The president of USA is like "that guy" on forums who cant back down or log out when he is called out for something dumb. He will keep fighting till he is banned.

entremet

I wonder why the GOP just doesn't impeach? Trump doesn't have to break any laws for it. But he's embarrassing the country every week.

JFC. The president of USA is like "that guy" on forums who cant back down or log out when he is called out for something dumb. He will keep fighting till he is banned.

Anyone have that Sea Lions comic?
That seems appropriate.

Edit: Found it.
U7XXght.png

RPGCrazied

I wonder why the GOP just doesn't impeach? Trump doesn't have to break any laws for it. But he's embarrassing the country every week.

Don't want to piss off Trump's 34% base. Its the only reason. They impeach Trump now they probably will never hold the White House again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I don't understand why this is so fucking big deal for this orange shit stain and his audience

being so fucking angry over silence protest gesture

why.. WHY

1. It's a distraction from the lack of fulfilling campaign promises. A "source" said Trump said something to the effect of 'the nfl players are going to be my new Clinton. I am going to dominate the culture war'. Which means he will dominate the news cycle which is what he wants more than anything else.

2. The national anthem, the flag, etc. have been connected to the military in recent years, so some feel like they are untouchable and even if you are paralyzed, you should miraculously rise if you hear it. The people who feel that way don't study history, don't care about history and can't think past such a simple and wrong concept.

3. Racism. Some feel like Black people should just entertain them, serve them and shut up. So any time minorities speak up about injustices, they do their best to belittle them or take the opposing side automatically. Many feel like minorities should be happy with not being lynched, put in camps, land taken from them, or deported. Feel like they should know their place and be quiet.

So it is a combination of 2 and 3 mostly, but the reason it is such a big deal now is Trump wants to distract and dominate Fox News. Once he picked a fight with NFL owners, I knew their egos wouldn't allow them to sit back and take it. How this ends, who knows. But I figure Sessions will still be allowed to turn back the progress made in the last administration, some fans will still boo anyone "disrespecting the flag", and the NFL will have some "United" t-shirts for sale on NFL.com.

Slayven

Word on the street is Trump is gearing up to attack Mitch and try to get him out.

I take that back, the attack has begun with the Trump bots on fox

Because they agree with him. I remember hearing the Rush Limbaugh show like 10 years ago and he was going on and on about how black culture had infected sports. Then I went out to dinner with my family and my great grand uncle or whatever the fuck he is wouldn't shut up about the 'blacks in the NBA'. If anything they just disagree with him on a tactical level.

A couple pages back, a poster called him a vintage old school troll.
Trumps like a troll from the late 90's where no matter what, they just know how to expertly rustle your jimmies while facing no real consequences.

Word on the street is Trump is gearing up to attack Mitch and try to get him out.

I take that back, the attack has begun with the Trump bots on fox

For real, if this last healthcare push fails, the Parliamentary rules change on Sept 30 will bring an escalation of open warfare on McConnell and Ryan.

1. It's a distraction from the lack of fulfilling campaign promises. A "source" said Trump said something to the effect of 'the nfl players are going to be my new Clinton. I am going to dominate the culture war'. Which means he will dominate the news cycle which is what he wants more than anything else. .

See I don’t believe he is coherent enough to do this. Not only does he lack the ability to make moves like this but he has a history keeping an issue even it is a losing one (Judge in Trump U, Khans). The remarks at the rally were an audible, it’s a tangent that he went off-script during the rally, probably after someone talked to him about it.

2nd is the players are not backing down and the NFL/NBA are standing up for the players, not him. That and the players are black, so they are subhuman in Trump’s eyes and not worthy of standing up to him so he has to keep going because his ego demands it.

This isn’t some plan, it’s Trump’s ego is wounded and he is lashing out.

ZeoVGM

Banned
My respect for LeBron has skyrocketed.

The fact that he is now only referring to Trump as "that guy" in his press conferences is magical.

TheContact

My respect for LeBron has skyrocketed.

The fact that he is now only referring to Trump as "that guy" in his press conferences is magical.

I just call him 45. I feel like just saying his name brings him joy since he loves to brand his name everywhere

Dishwalla

Banned
Had a shower thought earlier, I don't really even understand the point Trump is trying to drive across(I do however understand the point he is actually driving across and denying), he really wants the NFL and it's teams to "fire" players who don't stand and salute for the anthem? That's essentially killing the NFL, because just about every team had a number of players that are going along with the protests, that are disagreeing with Trump. Nearly the whole league just gave Trump the middle finger this past weekend. To "fire" all those players would ensure the destruction of the whole league. Is that really what he wants?

His whole argument is extremely shallow, it's mind-blowing.

Enzom21

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fire-chief-uses-racial-slur-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-anthem-protest/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=42754963

THERE it is! Let it out buddy, you've been so angry you had to cheer a black coach for so long. "Tomlin just added himself to the list of "no good n____s. Yes I said it."

Oh but he apologized, so it's fine. He didn't really mean it.
I wonder how often his racism has affected his interactions with PoC.
I know I wouldn't trust this piece of shit if I needed help.

I am glad these Trump supporters have stopped hiding behind "economic anxiety" an are finally saying what they actually feel.
Garbage, the while lot of them.

Had a shower thought earlier, I don't really even understand the point Trump is trying to drive across(I do however understand the point he is actually driving across and denying), he really wants the NFL and it's teams to "fire" players who don't stand and salute for the anthem? That's essentially killing the NFL, because just about every team had a number of players that are going along with the protests, that are disagreeing with Trump. Nearly the whole league just gave Trump the middle finger this past weekend. To "fire" all those players would ensure the destruction of the whole league. Is that really what he wants?

His whole argument is extremely shallow, it's mind-blowing.

There is no point here, this is all just a dog whistle for all of his racist supporters.
Notice, how he hasn't said shit about any white athlete.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can Wapo or the Times please do an oppo droppo so we can finally get President Dumbass to fuckin stop tweeting about the NFL?

I'd love for the media to move on to something else. At least they are now starting to cover Puerto Rico a little more.

Man I wonder if the NFL players realize how much power they hold here. If they went on strike that would really drive the point home. Doubt it would ever happen though.

The 1987 strike and subsequent labour peace since tells me they wouldn't dare because the owners would then throw the under the bus for Shane Falco: Conservative Hero.

Top Bottom