• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells congress he lost popular vote due to 3-5m illegal ballots (false)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Days after being sworn in, President Trump insisted to congressional leaders invited to a reception at the White House that he would have won the popular vote had it not been for millions of illegal votes, according to people familiar with the meeting.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that widespread voter fraud caused him to lose the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, even while he clinched the presidency with an electoral college victory.

Two people familiar with the meeting said Trump spent about 10 minutes at the top of the gathering with Republican and Democratic lawmakers rehashing the campaign. Trump also told them that between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused him to lose the popular vote.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...485219995803&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d0382c0e2ab1

He's just living in his own little world.

Linkura

Why would it even matter? He's president. Just like he supposedly wanted. Is his ego so fucking hurt about losing the popular vote that he has to make shit up like this to make himself feel better? Who is he trying to convince now?

Don't answer those.

Vestal

Gold Member
I think given the Presidents dissatisfaction with the outcome of the election, we should go back an have a revote..

Maybe we need a Petition on WhiteHouse.gov for a response on this very serious matter brought up by the President.

rjinaz

I feel scared for the undocumented now. Trump is going to make this personal.

He won't stop at a "wall". I expect a return to the deportation talks.

Maximo

Why would it even matter? He's president. Just like he supposedly wanted. Is his ego so fucking hurt about losing the popular vote that he has to make shit up like this to make himself feel better? Who is he trying to convince now?

Don't answer those.

Cause hes a egotistical psychopath.

"Russia didn't impact the election. This is a perfectly clean and legitimate result. There was no interference. Also, 3 million illegal votes were cast. "

God, has it been 4 years yet?

SeanC

"I lost the popular vote by a million. No! Two Million! Three? Three million!! Wait...Five Million Votes. Bigly Votes, folks, let me tell you! So many bad hombres! I said it so it's true!"

It'll be ten million illegal votes by next month at this rate.

Don't answer those.

Gotta keep anti-immigrant sentiment high.

Not only does peddling falsehoods undermine our democratic process, but it also demonizes entire groups of people.

If 5 million fake votes were cast, you'd think it wouldn't be hard to even prove 10,000 false votes.

Nobody told him there were enough illegal ballots to swing the election, he just made it up and convinced himself that he's right.

Our president is a goddamn manchild.

Slacker

Don't answer those.

If you think about it it's really the worst of all outcomes for him. He never actually wanted to be president, he just wanted throngs of idiots to cheer his name and to be able to bitch about the rigged system when it was all said and done. The *only* upside about winning the presidency in his eyes is bragging rights - and with the popular vote and foreign interference situations he doesn't even have that. All he's left with is this really difficult job he never had a sliver of interest in actually doing. Poor fella.

1196.gif

WGMBY

Gaslighter-in-chief is up to his usual stuff.

It's amazing how many crazy things have happened in the last 4 days.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason why this shit keeps coming up is because he brings it up. He's so insecure.

"Russia didn't impact the election. This is a perfectly clean and legitimate result. There was no interference. Also, 3 million illegal votes were cast. "

God, has it been 4 years yet?

You really think Trump will allow the Presidential election to take place in 4 years and take a chance that he might lose?

RPGCrazied

The only reason why this shit keeps coming up is because he brings it up. He's so insecure.

He is going to stay in campaign mode for 4 years. He will talk about the election and how he won it every chance he gets. Sad little man.

Seriously, what the fuck. What mechanisms exist to handle a president that blatantly lies like this, just outright straight-up lying? What can be done?

ICO_SotC

I said this in another thread, but he'll keep repeating this because it's about legitimizing the idea in Trump supporter's minds that there is such widespread voter fraud, mostly by Democrats and minorities, that it needs federal intervention.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Clever Hillary rigged the election to only win exactly the popular vote but not the electoral college- so that nobody would investigate.

There's no limit to her deviousness.

He's a shit loser, he's an even bigger shit winner.

He's just shit in general. The man has shit for a soul, and shit in place of a heart.

Koomaster

Receipts? This is not even the first time he's brought this up. If you really believe there was election fraud, seriously figure out where the 'illegal' votes are coming from, and let's have another presidential election next year.

He's absolutely the pettiest world leader, all he cares about is how popular he is. How many voted for me, how many were at my inauguration, why is the media saying bad things about me?

I'd tell him to focus on his actual job now of running the country; but based on what he's already done in just a few days that doesn't seem like a good suggestion.

Burt

Okay, phew, good stuff.

I personally didn't think that he had done enough to delegitimize American democracy over the course of his campaign.

Good ole Donny, can always trust him to follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom